Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fg_deviant
01.15.2013 , 10:04 AM | #1061
Jumped on this morning thinking there would be a fix, for sure, for this...nope.

I've spent the past week looking at the three toons with this armor on, with mild irritation. I really don't want to play them until this is fixed. I spent a pretty penny getting them and will not be spending additional in-game credits to change the character's look(s) because the game company decided to change the armor's actual appearance , after the fact. I don't want to play them because they look completely silly now and certainly not the way I intended them to look when I spent the time and effort putting their appearance together.

Then Bio Ware decided to slap those of us that liked the armor how it was, in the face, with this morning's patch, adjusting the "icon" to match the "armor" in the skip tracer pack...instead of what they did with the phantom armor.

And by the way, the phantom armor's inventory icon doesn't match now, it still shows the armor without the shoulder wrap....but they didn't seem to notice that.

Still playing and most certainly still love the game...but I won't spend another dime on Cartel Packs.

Ryvenn
01.15.2013 , 10:32 AM | #1062
Quote: Originally Posted by fg_deviant View Post
Jumped on this morning thinking there would be a fix, for sure, for this...nope.

I've spent the past week looking at the three toons with this armor on, with mild irritation. I really don't want to play them until this is fixed. I spent a pretty penny getting them and will not be spending additional in-game credits to change the character's look(s) because the game company decided to change the armor's actual appearance , after the fact. I don't want to play them because they look completely silly now and certainly not the way I intended them to look when I spent the time and effort putting their appearance together.

Then Bio Ware decided to slap those of us that liked the armor how it was, in the face, with this morning's patch, adjusting the "icon" to match the "armor" in the skip tracer pack...instead of what they did with the phantom armor.

And by the way, the phantom armor's inventory icon doesn't match now, it still shows the armor without the shoulder wrap....but they didn't seem to notice that.

Still playing and most certainly still love the game...but I won't spend another dime on Cartel Packs.
You don't like the neck pillow used to sleep on airplanes around your neck or the brake light on your chest and turn signals on your shoulders? Gee... can't see why not...

like you, i did same thing. hopped on and was like, "Yay! Patch day! fixed gear! ... i r disappoint..." But hey, at least the skip tracer ICON was corrected. Thank the Force for that!!!
"There is no greater misery than to remember with bitter regret, a time when you were most happy." - Anakin Skywalker

AsheraII
01.15.2013 , 10:46 AM | #1063
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

<snip>

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Ofcourse I hopped onto my account to check whether something changed as soon as the servers came back up. But that doesn't mean I actually expected it already.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

JovethGonzalez
01.15.2013 , 05:31 PM | #1064 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterGun-SWE View Post
ATT: DamionSchubert and JovethGonzalez

Today i got a reply to my ticket(Ticket number: 7714886) regarding the changes to the Phantom gear.

Can you please shed some light on the reply i got, since i find it both worrying and that it contradicts DamionSchubert reply from last week in this thread.

Here is a quote of the reply, and i highlighted what bothers me.

So please can either DamionSchubert and/or JovethGonzalez give me/us a reply on what really will happen, will the ones of us who want the old 'pre-patch' look back... get it or not?

Help me DamionSchubert, you are my only hope!
Hey folks, just wanted to chime in here. Damion's post still applies above all. In fact, we're approaching a solution that we will share with you all shortly as soon as we have all the details ironed out. In sum, take Damion's last post as the most current state of this issue. Thank you!

Malderak
01.15.2013 , 05:42 PM | #1065
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks, just wanted to chime in here. Damion's post still applies above all. In fact, we're approaching a solution that we will share with you all shortly as soon as we have all the details ironed out. In sum, take Damion's last post as the most current state of this issue. Thank you!
Ok, that's something. Looking forward to it.

PeterGun-SWE
01.15.2013 , 06:28 PM | #1066
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Thank you JovethGonzalez.

Much appreciated, now im relieved. Any way, i hope you dont mind me giving you guys a litle hint.
In the future, please make sure that your Customer Service gets the memo.

skiehigh
01.16.2013 , 02:01 AM | #1067
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
It's incredible that BW can't make a unified decision on a simple issue.

Multiple contradicting BW posts and CS replies, leaving players wondering what really is going on.

Don't these guys have team meetings? "Guys, these are the most pressing / widespread complaints for this week. This is the approach we are taking, everyone please make sure to use the same reply when addressing CS/forum issues."

Is it that hard?
This one is my most favorite post of the year and last year.....^^^^^ditto to what he said

CarpeSangrea
01.16.2013 , 11:51 AM | #1068
Here's hoping that the resolution for this issue takes less time to implement than the initial *fix*

Pscyon
01.16.2013 , 11:59 AM | #1069
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
Here's hoping that the resolution for this issue takes less time to implement than the initial *fix*
Probably not sadly. The "fix" was dumping the updated models onto the old items. Now they have to re-add the old ones as separate items and make them available somehow.
Sith Sorcerer

CharlieBrown
01.16.2013 , 05:17 PM | #1070
The solution is simple. Provide a gear vendor that takes the original item as the cost and you can buy which ever variation you like. Similar to the war hero gear turn in that requires the previous piece of gear, except in this instance you're replacing an orange piece with a different looking orange piece.

Out of necessity, the item purchased will be bound. Simple.
Fiera MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild Prophecy of the Five