Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Alacrity


Morngwath's Avatar


Morngwath
01.15.2013 , 04:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
YOU CAN BUY 27 MODS on GTN that have loads of endurance, willpower and POWER ONLY. I suggest your information is OUT OF DATE my friend.

I don't think we'll be hearing much more on this subject then. Heavens
You really don't get it, do you? Of cource you can get MODs with endu,will and power/crit. But you will only get ENHANCEMENTS with endu,power/crit and surge/alacrity/accuracy. That is why only SURGE and ALACRITY compete with each other. You can only chose between those two! You obviously got like 500 surge judging from your 78% crit multiplier rating which is way beyond the point where the DR hits really, really hard (around 300 for most Healers and dps, madness sorcs go a little higher (~360)). Your're basicly trading 3% crit multiplier against 7-8% in alacrity which doesn't make sence.
This is what everybody is trying to explain to you in the various threads.
Morngwath (DD-Hexer) - Rhona (Heal-Sabo) - Olathira (DD-Söldner)

AdamLKvist's Avatar


AdamLKvist
01.15.2013 , 04:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
YOU CAN BUY 27 MODS on GTN that have loads of endurance, willpower and POWER ONLY. I suggest your information is OUT OF DATE my friend.

I don't think we'll be hearing much more on this subject then. Heavens
He meant enhancements. Exchange the word "mod" and "enhancement" in his statement and suddenly he's right you're wrong...
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
01.15.2013 , 11:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
YOU CAN BUY 27 MODS on GTN that have loads of endurance, willpower and POWER ONLY. I suggest your information is OUT OF DATE my friend.

I don't think we'll be hearing much more on this subject then. Heavens
We're talking enhancements, which is where you get tertiary stats. You really have no idea how gear works, do you?

Armorings have endurance and main stat (willpower for sorcs). Mods have endurance, main stat and secondary stat (crit or power). End game enhancements have endurance, secondary stat (power or crit or tanking stat) and tertiary stat (alacrity, accuracy, surge or tanking stats). Earpieces and implants also come with endurance, main stat, secondary stat and tertiary stat.


Here is a list of every level 63 enhancement in the game:
http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/.../4/level/63-63

Show me an end game enhancement that doesn't have either surge, alacrity, accuracy or tanking stats on it. They don't exist. Assuming you are in Dread Guard/Hazmat gear...

All level 63 enhancements have 60 surge, alacrity, accuracy or tanking stats or 56 of those with extra endurance (which you don't want as DPS or heals). Earpieces and implants also come with main stat, secondary stat and tertiary stat. Hazmat force-lord's and force-healer's ears and implants have 60 alacrity or surge on them. You have seven pieces of gear that carry enhancements (head, chest, hands, legs, feet, mainhand, offhand).

That means you have 600 points to split between surge, alacrity and accuracy (10 times 60 = 600). If you have 600 surge, you are WAY past the point where it is doing you any good. If you have any accuracy, you are wasting those points. So 300ish surge and -gasp- 300ish alacrity is where you will find yourself.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Liryc's Avatar


Liryc
01.15.2013 , 12:05 PM | #14
reposted my response from his other thread....

I think what he's trying to say is stacking more surge past the soft cap of 75% at the cost of alacrity is still more beneficial than stacking alacrity at that point. So basically an extra 3% crit multiplier is better than shaving .1-.2 seconds off a cast.

For me personally, I'd think its spec/playstyle dependent. Since I only have experience from the PVP side as heals I would say bubble spec is in lower demand of alacrity. Once I use rejuv, innervate, I'm usually busy throwing bubbles around and by then my CD's are over and i'm ready to throw more heals out. Only thing I'd want alacrity for is shaving my dark heal time down, but I dont use it as often in that spec since I'm prioritizing bubbles, rejuv, and innervate. So in that case a lower cast of .1 seconds is of little use to me.
Full heals on the other hand, I wanted a bit more alacrity since I am casting dark heal and reviv much more often.
Liryc [Infiltration Shadow] - Liraa [Sawbones Scoundrel]
Liryyc [Corruption Sorcerer]

OlosBC's Avatar


OlosBC
01.15.2013 , 01:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Liryc View Post
reposted my response from his other thread....

I think what he's trying to say is stacking more surge past the soft cap of 75% at the cost of alacrity is still more beneficial than stacking alacrity at that point. So basically an extra 3% crit multiplier is better than shaving .1-.2 seconds off a cast.

For me personally, I'd think its spec/playstyle dependent. Since I only have experience from the PVP side as heals I would say bubble spec is in lower demand of alacrity. Once I use rejuv, innervate, I'm usually busy throwing bubbles around and by then my CD's are over and i'm ready to throw more heals out. Only thing I'd want alacrity for is shaving my dark heal time down, but I dont use it as often in that spec since I'm prioritizing bubbles, rejuv, and innervate. So in that case a lower cast of .1 seconds is of little use to me.
Full heals on the other hand, I wanted a bit more alacrity since I am casting dark heal and reviv much more often.
Alacrity also affects innervate. But Yea, bubble spam is a rather specific case. Though since bubbles can't crit either, you may as well drop a bit of surge for some alacrity
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
01.15.2013 , 04:03 PM | #16
I don't disagree with the idea that stacking surge above the 300 mark is sometimes a good idea depending upon spec. The 300 number is a general mark, as certain specs and situations call for a bit more. I disagree with his continued incorrect assertion that the amount of alacrity on your gear has anything whatsoever to do with the amount of crit and power on your gear.

Liryc's Avatar


Liryc
01.16.2013 , 08:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I don't disagree with the idea that stacking surge above the 300 mark is sometimes a good idea depending upon spec. The 300 number is a general mark, as certain specs and situations call for a bit more. I disagree with his continued incorrect assertion that the amount of alacrity on your gear has anything whatsoever to do with the amount of crit and power on your gear.
oh he's definitely confused
Liryc [Infiltration Shadow] - Liraa [Sawbones Scoundrel]
Liryyc [Corruption Sorcerer]

darthgamer's Avatar


darthgamer
01.18.2013 , 02:30 AM | #18
Despite the arguement this is a extremely insightful thread. So as such whats our crit supposed to be at for madness wh fully aug
Squadron 11-11-11

Vladnar's Avatar


Vladnar
01.18.2013 , 11:00 AM | #19
Oh im not in the very slightest bit confused, im not 10, but thankyou very much for providing so much information on this topic.

Good Luck

Vladnar
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Vladnar's Avatar


Vladnar
01.19.2013 , 12:36 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
Despite the arguement this is a extremely insightful thread. So as such whats our crit supposed to be at for madness wh fully aug
crit 30% ish, pushing towards 37% fully buffed
surge 300 or just over which is about 77%
alacrity definately not pushing over 8%, but as i can only ever repeat we try to max everything else out along the way and worry about alacrity last is all...you'll pick some up along the way because of course they are attached, come in pairs and you'll find yourself a little more robust but still more of a glass cannon than most.

Augments really all and always need to be main stat be it aim or willpower or strength or whatever as we still believe there to be no cap on them and they benefit more and more widely.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Look for the changes in spring eh, may get to start all over again with the numbers game lol
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us