Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
01.15.2013 , 11:44 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon to The Old Republic™, allowing players to experience brand new in-game content, including a limited time event and an exciting new way to progress your character.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LetoAtreidesII
01.15.2013 , 01:26 PM | #2
It would be nice to fix the bucketloads of outstanding bugs, some of which have been around since 1.4 or earlier, before releasing new content which creates even more bugs. Besides the many known issues, there are many that you either have not acknowledged or are unaware of:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...90#post5728690
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583611

irishfino
01.15.2013 , 01:31 PM | #3
Will we get the usual notification when this hits the PTS?
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Altyrell
01.15.2013 , 01:31 PM | #4
I wonder if the Galactic Reputation System will be retroactive

irishfino
01.15.2013 , 01:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Unlikely. As far as I know, Legacy wasn't so it makes sense that this would fall in the same category, but I would love for BioWare to prove me wrong on this. I have so many alts...
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

MoobooMagoo
01.15.2013 , 01:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
That is what I was wondering as well.

It might be that only repeatable quests raise your standing.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

nosmos
01.15.2013 , 01:35 PM | #7
I'm pretty excited for this stuff tbh, more 'things to do' at 50 - and with faction rep rewards..should be good.
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Lyriel
01.15.2013 , 01:41 PM | #8
So, let me get this straight: Your answer to requests for more robust open-world PvP and more dynamic events is to attempt to force people to go to the Western Shelf of Ium so the PvE crowd who wants to do the event can get endlessly ganked by the PvP set who would otherwise continue to ignore the place? Because the ganking in the Rakghoul plague went over so well...

Unless the rewards are all PvP-oriented, this is a fail from my perspective. I absolutely do not want to be forced to PvP. While I can't imagine why ganking is so amusing to the PvPers who do it, it's not at all amusing to me. If, however, this is meant to be a PvP-only event, I can just skip it.
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

Burning-Beard
01.15.2013 , 01:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
So, let me get this straight: Your answer to requests for more robust open-world PvP and more dynamic events is to attempt to force people to go to the Western Shelf of Ium so the PvE crowd who wants to do the event can get endlessly ganked by the PvP set who would otherwise continue to ignore the place? Because the ganking in the Rakghoul plague went over so well...

Unless the rewards are all PvP-oriented, this is a fail from my perspective. I absolutely do not want to be forced to PvP. While I can't imagine why ganking is so amusing to the PvPers who do it, it's not at all amusing to me. If, however, this is meant to be a PvP-only event, I can just skip it.
I assume that the Gree thing is going to be part of the much-talked about "Ilum revamp".

To my knowledge, Bioware's never said it was going to be a PvP revamp. I expect all PvP stuff on the western half of Ilum will just be removed outright.

Drudenfusz
01.15.2013 , 01:50 PM | #10
Looking forward to this event, had so much fun with the open world PvP during the Rakghoul event, hope this will have the same vibe. But I guess this will be then just for level 50 chacaters? I mean plenty of the F2P members might have a character of that level yet and that would exclude them somehow (even more than the lock on event gear would do).

Anyway, also I like that we get a reputation system. Would like to see a new daily quest chain on Voss, not just the heroics that are already there to do for the reputation. Also will it be possible to get reputation by doing warzones (I mean we never got social points for doing that, so how about some reputation points, maybe per MVP).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version