Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jetakai
01.14.2013 , 11:30 PM | #1051
subscriber
yes I spend money on cartel packs, almost $500 so far...because I can <shrug>

I hate what they did to the phantom armor. I thought I had the equivalent of the little black dress for my female smuggler and yummy corso, and now I look like I have a blow up doll around my neck. Given that I am biochem with diplomacy, I am light 5 already...BUT I have stupid red hazard dots on my body too. Wasted...wasted, credits and real money. I get you need to make money, but I have items bound to me I will never use, can't sell, can't vendor, I hate what you did to the armor I already had and really liked, and you changed it because of some whining kids. Don't you know big shoulders went out about 70 or 80 years ago.

Darth-Rammstein
01.14.2013 , 11:39 PM | #1052
OP, how can anyone take you serious when your complaint is about the lack of "sexy" armor in the game. lol
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Perihelion
01.14.2013 , 11:45 PM | #1053
I don't think its fair to call the people who affected this change, whiny kids. This is a situation where both sides have legitimate gripes. It went well for those who bought based on the pictures, it went badly for those who bought based on the preview and how the items looked in game. Everyone got scammed (not intentionally, though). It was rectified for some, but not for the majority. I just hate the way that my toons look now, in game credits lost or not is irrelevant. I pay for my subscription, and my subscription includes the ability to dress up my characters and participate in the economy. I will never buy cartel items now, either for in game currency or real life cash, I just can't trust that Bioware isn't going to sneak into my closet in the middle of the night and change my outfits without my consent. Sure, they own the content, but I own my wallet. I can easily just walk away with my wallet, too. And I know that they want whats in my wallet. I just hope they will do the right thing.

Majspuffen
01.15.2013 , 04:06 AM | #1054
Wonder if we'll see an elegant fix to this, today. I highly doubt it, but I'm hoping.

Malderak
01.15.2013 , 07:04 AM | #1055
And nothing.

Don't think we forgot: I'm not spending a dime until this is fixed.

Tatile
01.15.2013 , 07:11 AM | #1056
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
And nothing.

What's the bet it'll be a random world drop in Makeb, but only of blue or green quality and therefore not moddable?

Malderak
01.15.2013 , 07:35 AM | #1057
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
What's the bet it'll be a random world drop in Makeb, but only of blue or green quality and therefore not moddable?
Nothing's beyond them.

Majspuffen
01.15.2013 , 08:21 AM | #1058
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
And nothing.

Same here, actually. This change (without warning) is kinda the straw that broke the camel's back for me. And that camel had a lot of straws on its back. I'm not quitting the game, but I am reverting to F2P. Already wasted my credits on in game unlocks and warzone passes. Not giving Bioware any more money until they take the game in the right direction again. This is a relatively minor gripe but... Jedi consulars have like zero good looking items. The spymaster's chest was awesome, and for the first time ever I really liked the looks on my consular.

Character looks is important to me.

PeterGun-SWE
01.15.2013 , 09:17 AM | #1059
ATT: DamionSchubert and JovethGonzalez

Today i got a reply to my ticket(Ticket number: 7714886) regarding the changes to the Phantom gear.

Can you please shed some light on the reply i got, since i find it both worrying and that it contradicts DamionSchubert reply from last week in this thread.

Here is a quote of the reply, and i highlighted what bothers me.

Quote:
01/15/2013 - SWTOR CSR: Hello Nanaja,

My name is Mark from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service and i have reviewed your in-game ticket.

We would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket and we are also sorry to hear that you have some concerns with recent changes made with Phantom Chestguard and accompanying items.

From time to time, based on a varity of factors such as player metrics and other forms of feedback, the development team will make adjustments to certain items in order to provide as much balance as possible. We would like to assure you that these changes are intended are never introduced lightly.

The decisions to make these changes are only ever implemented to benefit the player base as a whole. Because of this, we are unable to swap, refund or affect any items that have been adjusted by a game content change.

If you have any feedback or suggestions that you would like to bring to attention of the development teamin relation to these changes, please post them in this Suggestion Box of ourcommunity forumsat the following link so that they canbe seen by the Development team: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and constantly looking forfeedback from our players.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for yuor understanding on this matter. Should you reuier further assistance with any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

Mark
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
So please can either DamionSchubert and/or JovethGonzalez give me/us a reply on what really will happen, will the ones of us who want the old 'pre-patch' look back... get it or not?

Help me DamionSchubert, you are my only hope!

ParagonAX
01.15.2013 , 09:24 AM | #1060
It's incredible that BW can't make a unified decision on a simple issue.

Multiple contradicting BW posts and CS replies, leaving players wondering what really is going on.

Don't these guys have team meetings? "Guys, these are the most pressing / widespread complaints for this week. This is the approach we are taking, everyone please make sure to use the same reply when addressing CS/forum issues."

Is it that hard?
<Infinite Darkness>
Pot5 | Macropyre | Sėlence | Malefėce | Blėnk
Shadowlands | Stormrayne | Missbehavėn | Bubblës