Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What historical person would have made a glorious Jedi? Which a glorious Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What historical person would have made a glorious Jedi? Which a glorious Sith?

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
01.14.2013 , 02:48 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
I think actually a few of these 'candidates' would be better off as "Mandalore" leader of the Mandalorians then as either jedi or sith.
Absolutely.

Aoussar's Avatar


Aoussar
01.14.2013 , 03:49 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I did.
Then you must be really ignorant....

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
01.14.2013 , 03:54 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Aoussar View Post
Then you must be really ignorant....
Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Spleensarecool's Avatar


Spleensarecool
01.14.2013 , 05:24 PM | #34
This is a very interesting thread. Could we possibly expand to good examples of the non-force users in history?

ObiWanBaikonur's Avatar


ObiWanBaikonur
01.14.2013 , 05:38 PM | #35
How about Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden for the Jedi? Strong tactical and strategic mind, came to the defense of those who called upon him (the Protestant Danes [and Bohemians, by extension]) during the 30 Years' War, well versed in the arts. Basically a renaissance man and a daring warrior king.

Stalin is the penultimate Sith, I think. As the embodiment of Machiavellian principles he is one of the more shrewdly, cruelly, and insanely manipulative leaders of modern times.

As to the Saladin/Richard II/William Wallace/Brutal people for a "good cause", You could successfully label them as either Jedi or Sith depending on your personal perspective on the issue at hand (Crusades, etc.). Just as in this game, there are characters on both sides who will go to almost any length to defend their beliefs. None of them relish cruelty for cruelty's sake--something characteristic of the most maniacal Sith. Honestly they're probably somewhere on the gray spectrum, whichever side they belong to.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Obi Wan Kenobi

Follow my adventures in the Republic of Georgia!

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
01.15.2013 , 01:47 AM | #36
I think very small % of the people mentioned in this thread qualify for sith or jedi.Just because you like certain historical person,doesn't mean anything.More than half of the people mentioned are nothing like jedi or sith.Just normal human beings.And others are more like grey jedi or something like that.

William Walace,Lionheart,Saladin,Churchil and the like are nothing like either jedi or sith OR grey jedi,are you kidding me... Such people imo just don't qualify at all.

xxwolfbloodxx's Avatar


xxwolfbloodxx
01.15.2013 , 03:45 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Aoussar View Post
Saladin - Glorious Jedi. Far ahead of his time, was a superb commander and went beyond the brutalities of the time and valued human life greatly regardless of religion.

Hitler (obviously) a great sith lord. Or Grand Moff, whatever

Hector the Horsetamer - a great Jedi as well. He was just and righteous and a great combatant.
Saladin killed a lot of people and sold many into slavery. When he took Jerusalem he let some Christians go but they had to play for their freedom the ones that could not were killed or sold into slavery. Healso asssintenated a man named shawar. He would have been a sith for sure.

Aoussar's Avatar


Aoussar
01.15.2013 , 07:31 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by xxwolfbloodxx View Post
Saladin killed a lot of people and sold many into slavery. When he took Jerusalem he let some Christians go but they had to play for their freedom the ones that could not were killed or sold into slavery. Healso asssintenated a man named shawar. He would have been a sith for sure.
You need to revise your sources. When you speak of slaves, do you mean the crusaders who aided Renauld de Chatillone in pillaging, looting and killing innocents? Cause they died and were sold into slavery as a means of revenge and rightfully so. Derp. And when you talk of the siege of Jerusalem, then yes, the Christians had to pay. This was the middle-ages and it was war. One would remind you of what happened when the Crusaders took the same city? They had all muslims and jews slaugthered. Derp again. You also speak of Shawar, you mean the ruler of Cairo who kept switching allegiances and therefor finally were executed by Saladin's uncle , after the man burned down his own city? Derp'd ya for the last time.

Sure, he was no saint. This was war, after all. But if you compare him to the Crusaders or any other leaders of the time, he was a hell of a lot better. Jeez, what's with all the hate....

Saladin is praised by pretty much everyone - modern historians and rivals of his own era (Richard Lionheart) alike - for his extraorinary level of knighhood, kindness, chivalry and tactical mastery. If this isn't Jedi traits, I don't know what is.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
01.15.2013 , 07:44 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
I think very small % of the people mentioned in this thread qualify for sith or jedi.Just because you like certain historical person,doesn't mean anything.More than half of the people mentioned are nothing like jedi or sith.Just normal human beings.And others are more like grey jedi or something like that.

William Walace,Lionheart,Saladin,Churchil and the like are nothing like either jedi or sith OR grey jedi,are you kidding me... Such people imo just don't qualify at all.
You're likely right. Most of the people here wouldn't have made very good Jedi... the truth is is that hardly anyone in reality is anything near the emotionless qualities of a Jedi. But let's put total realisticness aside and continue thinking up some historical heros/villains that could have potentially made good Jedi/Sith.

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
01.15.2013 , 07:52 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Aoussar View Post
Sure, he was no saint. This was war, after all. But if you compare him to the Crusaders or any other leaders of the time, he was a hell of a lot better. Jeez, what's with all the hate.... .
It's not about hate, I respect the dude, it's just that him, and many other supposed heroes (no matter their affiliation) are no Jedi material.