Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Sages viable for PvP yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Are Sages viable for PvP yet?

ElbrinStarchaser
01.08.2013 , 09:59 AM | #11
To the original poster,

Think of a DPS build sage as artillery. Sages stand in the rear area and support the forward advancing troops. Force in Balance, Weaken Mind, and if PoM procs Mind Crush are all instant cast. Use them to reveal stealthers or interrupt.

Personally, I use a 1/12/28 build and love it.

dannycarr
01.08.2013 , 05:19 PM | #12
They are viable, yes they can be squishy but we can put out good dps and support heals. Our bubble is our friend. I am full balance dps spec and I like the mobility, and I think thats the key keep moving. I can beat a decent jug/mau if I kite him well, but as soon as two or more people are on me then I am good as dead. If you like thje play style stick with it, I find it very rewarding.

wwkingms
01.14.2013 , 01:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by -Mythix- View Post
Depends on player skill, yours and the attacker. Sages are fine in PvP, DPS wise. Would I let a Sage defend a node? Well, lol no.
um, false

seeing as toe to toe a sorc/sage would lose any dps race with any other dps class

sorc/sages left alone in a good group will put up big total dmg numbers but 1v1 u need to forget dmg and use ur cc rotation to stay safe until helps comes
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Ycoga
01.15.2013 , 04:43 AM | #14
After playing my guardian and jugg for a while, I went back to sage (main) and...

it blows in comparison.

Sorry.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

AlatarTheGrey
01.15.2013 , 07:33 AM | #15
A lot of 50+ PvP is gear related, period. I have Sentinel and Shadows alts who were no more competitive in level 50 PvP until they got the second level of post 50 PvP gear. Knowing how to play your class well matters, but no one in recruit gear can compete against a competent player in augmented Enhanced War Hero gear. It's just not a fair fight.

And stealth capability is always going to be a huge advantage for good solo defending, since adding in that element of tactics makes 1 v 1 much easier.