~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~

Jenemi

Working on counts now guys. Will post soon.

UPDATE;

Here are the counts as of my pet learning error:

Sage -18

Consular - 23

General - 8

Legacy - 20

Vehicles - 55

Pets - 50

Total -174

Companion-16 abilities may also come into play? I wonder if having a companion out when attempting to learn something has an effect. I definitely DID have my companion out when I had my problem. My counts do not take rank levels into account obviously. Additionally I have all "Other" Legacy unlocks and 9 total unlock character perks. My bugged pet would have put me to 175.

It's borked. 174 is pretty high though. I don't doubt it has something to do with it. Also I have ticketed this issue. WIll report whatever happens asap.

Edited by Slopster

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some people were thinking each legacy value counts separately (so like Legacy Speeder rank 1, 2, and 3 would be 3 and not just count the highest) and even though not listed, that earned buffs from leveling up characters could also play apart in it.

But yeah. there's so many values that we can't determine fully that it's hard to get a good idea on it :(

Need a BW post in here on this. You DON'T want me making a specific thread about this BW.

There have actually been threads on it before :( And I know it was fixed in the past...but I guess it needs an increase again >< this is pretty soon for an increase though so it really should've been increased higher to begin with

This is a great post, and your effort is amazing! In definitely going to use this for future references

:D

Btw I noticed for the little sandcrawler and interrogation droid that it only required the alignment level to buy and activate them. So if I made light III to buy the sandcrawler and activate it, I could still summon it at Dark III for example? (Same situation vice versa)

Edited by TheHunterC

This is a great post, and your effort is amazing! In definitely going to use this for future references

:D

Btw I noticed for the little sandcrawler and interrogation droid that it only required the alignment level to buy and activate them. So if I made light III to buy the sandcrawler and activate it, I could still summon it at Dark III for example? (Same situation vice versa)

Aww :D Thanks.

Actually, you can buy them at any alignment (unless that was changed in a recent patch, but I know I bought my Interrogation droid at the same time as my Little Sandcrawler and I could only use the latter for a long time)--only the actual using/activating of the Pet requires the alignment. And yes, if you go to Light III and activate the Sandcrawler and then change your Alignment to Light II or lower (including any Dark Alignments), you can use it from then on :)

I'm Light V and can use my Interrogation Droid so :3

There have actually been threads on it before :( And I know it was fixed in the past...but I guess it needs an increase again >< this is pretty soon for an increase though so it really should've been increased higher to begin with

Will you add a statement on this issue to the OP? As a public service announcement at the very least an dfor BW visibility.

Please say yes :)

Need a BW post in here on this. You DON'T want me making a specific thread about this BW.

Bw won't post on a guide thread. If you want their attention you'll have to make a dedicated thread with a title that attracts attention. Something like "ABILITY CAP: Cannot learn cartel pets / speeders".

And I'll definitely make a thread myself when I reach the cap.

But it would still be nice if BW stumbled on this thread and noticed the problem.

Edited by Aelther

Aww :D Thanks.

Actually, you can buy them at any alignment (unless that was changed in a recent patch, but I know I bought my Interrogation droid at the same time as my Little Sandcrawler and I could only use the latter for a long time)--only the actual using/activating of the Pet requires the alignment. And yes, if you go to Light III and activate the Sandcrawler and then change your Alignment to Light II or lower (including any Dark Alignments), you can use it from then on :)

I'm Light V and can use my Interrogation Droid so :3

Awesome! I know what I'm doing! :p

This is a known issue. A fix will go into our next major patch.

Thank you so much T~T Guess we can look forward to this in 1.7! <3

TheHunterC - Hehe :3 I ended up running Diplomacy mission while doing Esseles runs. Really quick to get down and back up (Plus, if you're a full on collector, I'd recommend just going straight to V/5 and back to get the mount and codexes as well)

This is a known issue. A fix will go into our next major patch.

Glad to read that.

TheHunterC - Hehe :3 I ended up running Diplomacy mission while doing Esseles runs. Really quick to get down and back up (Plus, if you're a full on collector, I'd recommend just going straight to V/5 and back to get the mount and codexes as well)

I have no Diplomacy, so it takes longer for me, but I am also on my way to have one day both speeder, have already bought them a long time ago (before most speeders became more expensive).

Thank you so much T~T Guess we can look forward to this in 1.7! <3

That's true :)

Apologies, I've always been kind of neutral. Go up then down 'n everything :p but anyways, I can do the same with the mounts and codex? That's a nice touch :D

I have no Diplomacy, so it takes longer for me, but I am also on my way to have one day both speeder, have already bought them a long time ago (before most speeders became more expensive).

I mostly just got the Dark one before that (I just didn't have the money for the Light one and know I wanted to stay Light V in the end anyway). Good luck :D

That's true :)

Apologies, I've always been kind of neutral. Go up then down 'n everything :p but anyways, I can do the same with the mounts and codex? That's a nice touch :D

It's fine :p My boyfriend plays with a pretty big Grey area and I'm just...a goodie two-shoes XD But yep, you can do the same with the mounts and codexes. The only thing not useable are the titles, though, you will still have the codexes regardless. (So if you have "the Pure" from hitting Light V and go to Dark V, you will still have the "Pure" codex, but will be unable to use the title "the Pure").

Oh that's great news!

Now excuse me while I go eat my hat.

XXD Just be sure to return when you're done :p

Edited by Jenemi

Just and FYI that the ability cap issue can have a domino effect if you try to get it fixed via CS ticket.

The burnt pet that was destroyed without being learned was credited back to me, but the CS that implemented the fix somehow removed the FIELD REPAIR DROID ability from my ability list (yesterday).

Then tonight when I log in my PRIORITY TRANSPORT BLACKHOLE is also missing.

This is a big problem. Think twice before ticketing this issue. Might want to wait for the upcoming patch to see if it gets fixed (Jan 23),

Just and FYI that the ability cap issue can have a domino effect if you try to get it fixed via CS ticket.

The burnt pet that was destroyed without being learned was credited back to me, but the CS that implemented the fix somehow removed the FIELD REPAIR DROID ability from my ability list (yesterday).

Then tonight when I log in my PRIORITY TRANSPORT BLACKHOLE is also missing.

This is a big problem. Think twice before ticketing this issue. Might want to wait for the upcoming patch to see if it gets fixed (Jan 23),

Eep x__x That is the first I've heard of that though :( Did they at least refund your credits?

Lurtzello - You should be able to get them back if you contact customer service

XXD Just be sure to return when you're done :p

Well I'm back. It's amazing how lots of ketchup can make anything edible.

Anyway I once again own every single pet in game :jawa_cool:, but I spent about 12 million credits on all those 1.6.2 pets :jawa_frown:. I really hope there won't be any packs with so many rare pets in the near future or I will be completely bankrupt.

Well I'm back. It's amazing how lots of ketchup can make anything edible.

Anyway I once again own every single pet in game :jawa_cool:, but I spent about 12 million credits on all those 1.6.2 pets :jawa_frown:. I really hope there won't be any packs with so many rare pets in the near future or I will be completely bankrupt.

Unfortunately, there's still at least 4 more rare pets according to the SWTOR-Spy guide: Forest Nekarr Cat, Sablefur Kowakian Monkey-lizard, Shadow Nekarr Cat, and Toxic Environment Probe.

And going by the possibly upcoming pets, even if they may not be rare, I'm sure we'll see quite a bit more in the next pack :/