Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<Chosen Elite> hosted PvP Tournament #4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
<Chosen Elite> hosted PvP Tournament #4

Cilas
01.14.2013 , 12:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Same 1v1 duel tournament with banning of mind trap/combat seething to promote more fair play.
If you decided on another 1v1, I would support this 100%
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

CaptainPeabo
01.14.2013 , 12:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainPeabo View Post
how about a huttball tournament we all have the balls now
So I guess the huttball idea is getting thrown out the window I mean we have two teams a referee to target the ball carrier and two goallines. It would kinda be like backyard football
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Liaison | International Guild

Cilas
01.14.2013 , 01:06 PM | #13
No interception and it would be a pain in the butt to keep track of the ball carrier
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

CaptainPeabo
01.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
No interception and it would be a pain in the butt to keep track of the ball carrier
frowning face but makes sense
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Liaison | International Guild

Cilas
01.14.2013 , 01:24 PM | #15
It would be nice to use a different area of outlaws den though. That same arena spot is a little dull
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Dire
01.14.2013 , 03:26 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
Nah I fully understand and know where you're going with it. It would create some more interesting class choices and team make ups for sure, I guess I just prefer a tournament where anything goes. Easier to moderate and more accurately reflects what type of pvp you may come across in a warzone or open world.
Oh totally agree with your last point. However like MMA vs real street fighting, if there are no rules its no longer competative as a sport. Tournaments/Rules are there for people who want to view a sport. Its like Huttball, if you have a whole team with no pullers or charge, or intervene that would be quite one sided. Same concept. Build parameters to make it as even as you can.

1v1 is good too though
Characters: Dire / Direforce Legacy Name: Immortal
2.0 Vengeance PvP! Episode 1: The Civil War: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8eNESEwaU

CmdrCD
01.14.2013 , 05:10 PM | #17
While I would really love to see a competitive 2v2 tournament happening, I feel that it would get griefed too easily with outlaws den being the only place that allows same faction team pvp.
In case of another duel tournament I would support the no sap+seethe solution as it is way too powerful in a 1v1 situation.
Turrican 55 Assassin

POT5 PVP

jolstar
01.14.2013 , 06:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainPeabo View Post
So I guess the huttball idea is getting thrown out the window I mean we have two teams a referee to target the ball carrier and two goallines. It would kinda be like backyard football
What is the range of the ball toss? Would be hilarious to do a makeshift football game. Two teams on line of scrimmage, center ball tosses to QB to start play, QB tosses to RB or reciever or runs it himself. When ball carrier dies, thats where the new line of scrimmage is. No laterals or interceptions would be possible, though it would be easier to keep track of ball.

Probably not feasible in the least but it does make for a funny image in my head.

Razgriz_tree
01.14.2013 , 07:02 PM | #19
2v2 3v3 4v4 or 5v5 plox, then ill play too
Razbot <Casual>
" there is no spoone " - Teh matricks
www.twitch.tv/razgrizthree

Drunkshade
01.14.2013 , 07:32 PM | #20
Thanks everyone for your input. We are still looking for ideas, we have tossed around some ourselves and it look like it may be a two part tournament. I would suggest to start looking for some buddies to play with and to stay tuned to this thread and our website www.chosen-elite.com/duel as this tournament will be going down soon.

- Wolfshade
Wolfshade
<Chosen Elite>