Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakata stims BoP?

alexkman
01.12.2013 , 10:45 AM | #1
I'm sure there is some reason why rakata stims, adrenals and medpacs are BoP rather than Bind to Legacy, so instead of complaining I'm just going to ask what that reason is. Why can't I share such useful items with other members of my legacy?

venomlash
01.12.2013 , 11:16 AM | #2
If they were BoL, no biochem would ever sell another stim. It's very easy to have one Biochem alt crafting Rakata stims for everyone, and there aren't many fights where an Exotech stim makes a difference over a Rakata stim.
...I would like them to be BoL, but I know it's not going to happen because it would mess up the in-game economy.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

toyfanatic
01.12.2013 , 12:02 PM | #3
It wasn't mentioned, but all Rakata medpacks and stims require a certain level of biochem just to use. Sadly all the exotech quality of medpacks and stims are much better than the Rakata equivalent. It should be no suprise that that exotech sells very well on the GTN. If we (biochems) can't sell medpacks and stims on the GTN, because they remove the skill requirement on reusable items -what will we sell? Biochem will go the way of crystal crafting- pointless. Since the cartell crystals are avalable.
Even though the exotech biochem items are vastly superior, the convienence of reusable items unbound to a prerequisite or skill would crash the market.

legolegion
01.12.2013 , 12:55 PM | #4
also you need to keep biochem to use them

HumanPirhana
01.13.2013 , 01:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
It wasn't mentioned, but all Rakata medpacks and stims require a certain level of biochem just to use. Sadly all the exotech quality of medpacks and stims are much better than the Rakata equivalent. It should be no suprise that that exotech sells very well on the GTN. If we (biochems) can't sell medpacks and stims on the GTN, because they remove the skill requirement on reusable items -what will we sell? Biochem will go the way of crystal crafting- pointless. Since the cartell crystals are avalable.
Even though the exotech biochem items are vastly superior, the convienence of reusable items unbound to a prerequisite or skill would crash the market.
"much better"?
"vastly superior"??

Maybe I'm nitpicking here and the issue is admittedly subjective, but this strikes me as a bit of an overstatement. Rakata stims boost the primary stat by 112 points and a relevant secondary stat by 46 points. By comparison, exotech stims, the ones that are "much better" and "vastly superior" boost the same stats by 128 and 52 points respectively, an increase of less than fifteen percent. Noticeable perhaps, although to some even that would be debatable, but "vastly superior"?....

Sir do you bychance work for a major political party, or perhaps earn your living commentating professional sports of some kind? If so then this sort of hyperbole makes sense, otherwise it seems a bit of a stretch at best.
Don't make me get all green perpendicular up in this beeotch.
Yeah.
I said it.

AshlaBoga
01.13.2013 , 01:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HumanPirhana View Post
"much better"?
"vastly superior"??

Maybe I'm nitpicking here and the issue is admittedly subjective, but this strikes me as a bit of an overstatement. Rakata stims boost the primary stat by 112 points and a relevant secondary stat by 46 points. By comparison, exotech stims, the ones that are "much better" and "vastly superior" boost the same stats by 128 and 52 points respectively, an increase of less than fifteen percent. Noticeable perhaps, although to some even that would be debatable, but "vastly superior"?....

Sir do you bychance work for a major political party, or perhaps earn your living commentating professional sports of some kind? If so then this sort of hyperbole makes sense, otherwise it seems a bit of a stretch at best.
The difference is substantial when you're in Columi or even Rakata. In full Dread Guard it barely matters unless you're doing 16 Man NiM (that's 2nd info because I haven't done more than a couple wipes on 16 man NiM EC).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

L-RANDLE
01.14.2013 , 02:38 PM | #7
I don't see how it would negatively affect the economy.. Most endame activities use so many consumables that not having an alt crafting that stuff is not really economical anyway. The worst thing they did was nerf adrenals in PvP...

I don't really see a market for consumables, especially endgame ones. Having Rakata as a BoL, especially since it is not as powerful as the exotech, and exotech schematic is not a drop anymore, would be ok.

Make it a legacy unlock? 1 Million per toon?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

wainot-keel
01.15.2013 , 11:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Make it a legacy unlock? 1 Million per toon?
Unlock Rakata Stims and adrenals for 1440 Cartel Coins per character, 5500 Legacy wide !!