Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)


lmey's Avatar


lmey
01.11.2013 , 11:45 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Congrats to Level-Capped to essentially beating it pre-nerf (3:59).

Also: congrats to Ace for a Warstalker title run on 16 man (1hr45min). Would you guys agree that prior to the nerf a Warstalker 16 man run was almost impossible? Or did you get Kephess down pretty pat after your first clear?
No, I don't think that it was impossible to clean Denova in less than 2h before the patch.
But we (ACE) kill Kephess just before Xmas time. We won't have the time nor enought teammates between X-Mas & the New Year to confirm the boss. Too much people in hollidays these times to make this possible (the confirmation and the Warstalker run).
We did Kephess and confirmed it before the nerf.
We did the Warstalker juste after, not because of the nerf I think. We could have made it with the old Kephess in 1h45 too. We wera close to do it before the nerf... so close!

And Congrats for those who killed Kephes 16 NiM too!!! Good job mates!

Angrylilseth's Avatar


Angrylilseth
01.12.2013 , 07:34 AM | #272
I know it been some time for us but now <Dark Eclipse> of Jedi Covenant Can say we are 3/4 EC nightmare. We have killed Z&T and Colonel Vorgath a few time on 16 man nightmare, but always skiped the tanks due to raid make up and X-MAS and New Year brake. We should be back in to full swing and try to get some pulls on Kephess . Not the best pic below. but it should work.
The kill was on the 1-11-13 at 1032pm EST
http://darkeclipserawr.enjin.com/for...ghtmare/page/1
Angrry "DPS Jugg"/ Ennraged "Mercenary"/ Angger"Operative"
<Dark Eclipse> Raid leader
16-man Progression@Jedi Convenant
http://darkeclipserawr.enjin.com/home

Mitsugoya's Avatar


Mitsugoya
01.14.2013 , 04:50 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Angrylilseth View Post
I know it been some time for us but now <Dark Eclipse> of Jedi Covenant Can say we are 3/4 EC nightmare. We have killed Z&T and Colonel Vorgath a few time on 16 man nightmare, but always skiped the tanks due to raid make up and X-MAS and New Year brake. We should be back in to full swing and try to get some pulls on Kephess . Not the best pic below. but it should work.
The kill was on the 1-11-13 at 1032pm EST
http://darkeclipserawr.enjin.com/for...ghtmare/page/1
nice, good job

i wish you good luck for kephess

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.14.2013 , 06:21 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I'm shocked first day of the patch with the nerf and no one else has downed kephess? Just ace getting their titles...grats ace.
There's very few 16m guilds doing it.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
01.14.2013 , 09:56 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
There's very few 16m guilds doing it.
yeah it seems like 16m raiding is dying off in this game because there is no real incentive to do 16m over 8m. I wish bioware would wise up to this and make 16m more prestigous by offering better loot drops instead of more loot. Give 16m slightly better loot than the 8m and add in unique mounts and titles for 16m nightmares and I bet we would see a revival of 16m raiding groups.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
01.14.2013 , 10:26 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
yeah it seems like 16m raiding is dying off in this game because there is no real incentive to do 16m over 8m. I wish bioware would wise up to this and make 16m more prestigous by offering better loot drops instead of more loot. Give 16m slightly better loot than the 8m and add in unique mounts and titles for 16m nightmares and I bet we would see a revival of 16m raiding groups.
I agree wholeheartedly, placing more focus and incentivisizing 16 man raids would dramatically lengthen the player attention span in terms of PVE in this game, but my gut feeling tells me part of the reason why this is not being done is because of the additional fps issues most below average rigs experience in 16 mans -- Heroengine kind of fails whenever you clunk up more than 10 people around in an area.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Dragonbgone's Avatar


Dragonbgone
01.14.2013 , 11:59 AM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, placing more focus and incentivisizing 16 man raids would dramatically lengthen the player attention span in terms of PVE in this game, but my gut feeling tells me part of the reason why this is not being done is because of the additional fps issues most below average rigs experience in 16 mans -- Heroengine kind of fails whenever you clunk up more than 10 people around in an area.

This is most definitely a very frustrating part of doing 16 man operations. As a raid leader and dps I'm able to do both of my jobs with an average of 3-5 FPS in fight. It really makes the fight difficult and makes certain mechanics difficult when mobs take a much longer time to render for me. Like I said however, it's completely doable at 4 FPS on low graphic settings. (although I would love a rework so I could stop watching a slideshow!)
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
01.14.2013 , 12:42 PM | #278
well my guild did 16m content until we finished HM TFB...now its just 8m time. Just easier to find 8 on at the same time that can clear something quickly. The only reason I can see now for bigger guilds and raiding is to kill dreadtooth 10 stack...but people dont even seem interested in doing that anymore.

Chaqen's Avatar


Chaqen
01.14.2013 , 02:00 PM | #279
I havent cared to try 16 man raids to much based on the fact that the majority of the people i have come across in this game are not highly discipline as raiders, and the fact that the progression of the fights are making near perfect execution more important.

I can mange to do a raid with a couple of people that will most likely make a noticeable mistake 50% of the time on progression, in a 16 man raid i would most likely have 4 to 6 people that are likely to make a mistake half of the time, and hence making the raids harder then what they need to be.

I raid to kill ****, i dont mind dying to a hard boss, or even bad RNG (i actually welcome some degree of punishing RNG in a raid fight); I do mind dying when someone in the raid makes a repeated mistake....i usually shrug it off and continue on, but i feel that in a 16 man that it would be far to often the norm.

Please know i am not speaking badly about any guilds, 16m or 8m... i am speaking about the general player base of this game compared to the other MMOs that i have played in the last decade. I actually applaud the 16 man guilds that are still out there, that are willing to do the extra recruiting it takes to keep your guild alive, and the on going battle against morale that i am sure you guys/gals face.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Krewel's Avatar


Krewel
01.14.2013 , 02:14 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
I havent cared to try 16 man raids to much based on the fact that the majority of the people i have come across in this game are not highly discipline as raiders, and the fact that the progression of the fights are making near perfect execution more important.

I can mange to do a raid with a couple of people that will most likely make a noticeable mistake 50% of the time on progression, in a 16 man raid i would most likely have 4 to 6 people that are likely to make a mistake half of the time, and hence making the raids harder then what they need to be.

I raid to kill ****, i dont mind dying to a hard boss, or even bad RNG (i actually welcome some degree of punishing RNG in a raid fight); I do mind dying when someone in the raid makes a repeated mistake....i usually shrug it off and continue on, but i feel that in a 16 man that it would be far to often the norm.

Please know i am not speaking badly about any guilds, 16m or 8m... i am speaking about the general player base of this game compared to the other MMOs that i have played in the last decade. I actually applaud the 16 man guilds that are still out there, that are willing to do the extra recruiting it takes to keep your guild alive, and the on going battle against morale that i am sure you guys/gals face.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I stopped caring about 16m Ops in this game long ago simply because people don't care and are generally a lot less skilled than what I am used to compared to, say, WoW raiding community. I can hardly imagine there being an MMO based on raiding that has a worse playerbase than what I've been witnessing in this game since the major exodus around patch 1.2.