No Vette Storyline, no 10 presence.

Ooloi

There's going to be a permanent gaping hole in the legacy companions. I have 8 characters with all companions' stories unlocked and at 10K affection: except Vette.

I won't be getting the 10 presence from her, because that collar isn't coming off: not today, not tomorrow.

Give me a storyline to progress on *with* the collar on, and I'll consider it. But I can only be railroaded by the game makers so far, and Vette is the line I've chosen to draw in the sand. She and Skadge just don't belong on any ship of mine, for the personalities of my characters.

Too bad, so sad.

Legit complaint in my eyes. If they give you an option not to remove the collar then they surely need some way to end the story?

Imagine if making Jaessa LS never allowed you to finish the story since they designed that for DS Jaessa ...

It's not legitimate. You keep her a slave and Vette doesn't like you. She has no interest in talking to you. She'll follow your commands because she has no choice. But that's as far as it goes.

Skadge I got nothing. Even if he does have high affection, it's clear he and my BH don't like each other, and I would dearly like to throw him out the airlock.

It's not legitimate. You keep her a slave and Vette doesn't like you. She has no interest in talking to you. She'll follow your commands because she has no choice. But that's as far as it goes.

While negligible, the 10 Presence reward is completely gameplay related. It has nothing to do with her character or your warrior's character. There could be, at some point in act 3 and some certain level of affection required, a last convo where if you still don't remove the collar, you get the 10 presence bonus and her storyline is finished. Pretty siimple and not much different from the other companions.

It's not like asking Vette romancing the warrior even with the collar on. That's unreasonable imo. Vette would never like, much less love, some sadistic abusive jerk

While negligible, the 10 Presence reward is completely gameplay related. It has nothing to do with her character or your warrior's character. There could be, at some point in act 3 and some certain level of affection required, a last convo where if you still don't remove the collar, you get the 10 presence bonus and her storyline is finished. Pretty siimple and not much different from the other companions.

Any reward in a game implies a choice. The developers decided that if you make a companion like you enough to hear all their conversations you get 10 Presence. Nothing is forced there. No railroading. If you're playing for the rewards then you don't care, just give her her freedom and bribe her to 10K.

But the OP is making a role-playing choice. It's a legitimate choice too. But it has a consequence. And really, presence is your ability to inspire and lead your companions. If one of them thinks you're a jerk for keeping her ENSLAVED, then I think taking a hit on your leadership abilities is more than fair.

It's not like asking Vette romancing the warrior even with the collar on. That's unreasonable imo. Vette would never like, much less love, some sadistic abusive jerk

But it is. It's asking for the reward for this companion liking you without her actually liking you.

Skadge I got nothing. Even if he does have high affection, it's clear he and my BH don't like each other, and I would dearly like to throw him out the airlock.

The end of her story doesn't have to be good, it just has to be an end. A cut scene where Vette says she hates you and you shock her and tell her you will kill her if she ever opens her mouth again would do the job.

Having said that I am sure the OP likely has Vette on 10k affection, so maybe she learned to live with the collar after all? Maybe being property gives her a feeling of safety which she decides she wouldn't trade away in the end? Maybe she gets a bit of Stockholm Syndrome and starts feeling for the SW? Maybe she starts to get a kinky kick out of it? Just ... something to finish the story up.

Yes, I gave her gifts to get her to 10K affection for crafting purposes. So I have to live with the contradiction of that with her story not ending.

40 companions at 10K affection, 39 stories complete, presence over 750 on my toons.

I wish i could swap vette for someone else, also skadge - neither fit *at all* with my characters. Also, I don't like Ashara at all - neither her presence nor the lack of gift liking nor her story fit with the character and i refused to romance her, though i understand you *can* to get the courting bonus then jilt her.

But the OP is making a role-playing choice. It's a legitimate choice too. But it has a consequence. And really, presence is your ability to inspire and lead your companions. If one of them thinks you're a jerk for keeping her ENSLAVED, then I think taking a hit on your leadership abilities is more than fair.

Nice. :)

Didn't think of it that way.

Some lead with kindness, others with fear.

just remove the damn collar and finish her storyline it's not like it will make you light sided.

Why not end her storyline there for those that refuse to take it off?

I had two SW and for storytelling purposes I never took off the collar on one of them.

Bioware is making a RP game and let's us make decisions, at the same time punishing some for making ones they do not like.

Edited by Asheris

• 2 weeks later...
Consequences are good. The consequence of treating someone like **** is that they don't like you. There ya go. Your choice. There should be more consequences, not less. There's a way to buy your way out of too many things, imo.

Agreed.

I can't imagine my BH ever doing anything for Skadge, so I refuse to do anything for Skadge. :p It's a consequence to my action and I take it. I will never hit 10k affection with Skadge and I'll never see the end of his story...unless...you know...they make it so you can get rid of him, but say you have to have him at 10K affection first. Then I'll gladly get him up to that point, just so I can get rid of him. :)

Meh just roll a JK and max Rusk's affection. Same Presence bonus and I don't think the two would stack.

Every companion gives the +10 presence. The other bonus for having a maxed out ranged DPS companion applies once. It wouldn't need to be Ruusk, Zenith or Gault or any of them will do for that purpose.