Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not Happy Jan! Ticket #7738789

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Not Happy Jan! Ticket #7738789
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 08:07 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Ok, can you check if the renames are still sticking now?
The rename flag is still sticking to my shadow. and my assassin still has the wrong name :P

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 08:11 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DeludedAussie View Post
The rename flag is still sticking to my shadow. and my assassin still has the wrong name :P
What i am happy to do, (Since i'll probably stick to my assassin for a while) Is delete my Shadow and get another restore done to see if that remedy's the issue? The only thing that will need to be done then is the change of my assassins name from Ethorus to Arcaedius

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 08:18 AM | #33
I've just noticed something! If i try and log in as soon as i've renamed my Shadow, I get an error and it then reverts back to its un activated state!

Edit 1: It also then just hangs on the turning cog if i try to activate it again. If i then quit and relog the exact same thing happens, Rename, Log in, Error 20, Activate, then it just hangs and i have to restart the game. I'll post the error below in an edit this time. gimme 2 mins

Edit 2: The error, "A server error has occured, Please follow the link........" Error code: 20

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 08:40 AM | #34
Well, I now think the issue has something to do with activating my Shadow. Since it will not activate, even though it appears active when on the character screen when i first log in, When i rename it, and attempt to log into the game with it, It loads for abour 2 seconds then jumps back to a server error and then back on the character selection screen it shows the toon as being inactive. I've let it sit for 15 minutes on the spinning cog, but nothing happens. It also says i have 4/6 active character slots when it should be 3/12 (since only my Guardian, assassin and Sorcerer are active, and i am a subscriber)

Raila
01.14.2013 , 09:36 AM | #35
Hi there, I've looked into this, and it appears to be a couple of odd cases, possibly bug-related.

DeludedAussie, your ticket (7738789) is showing as cancelled from the customer end on the 12th. Obviously from your posts, this is odd and not intended.

Wrathlan, you should have received a response to this ticket, but we have had some reports of responses not being visible. The response you should have received is as below:

FreakyTrooper, I'm happy to see that your issue was resolved earlier today.
4 people asking about tickets in this thread and you answer 3 of them. Nice. Guess it's email time then.
Quitting the game? (or anything for that matter) Check this link before making a post about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGiK-X9-0A

cailihto
01.14.2013 , 09:46 AM | #36
Hello Beesodd I really would appreciate it if I could get help with my character restorations as I have been waiting almost 5 days now and have had friends create tickets for restores also and have it taken care of in 1-2 days when I created my ticket before them.mim very eager to play just resubbed and have lost 5 days of play time. Ticket # 7755156. Thanks and I hope to hear back soon.

Beesodd
01.14.2013 , 10:09 AM | #37 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again,

Raila, when I looked at your account I could see no recently opened tickets so I assumed (erroneously, as appears to be the case) that your issue was resolved.

Neb-Rye, your gunslinger restore request looks to be ok, but for the other requests, it will probably help to add a note (just edit the ticket from within the game, we can see the old text too) about the circumstances of losing the gear pieces you want restored, and any timeframes if possible.

DeludedAussie, Error code 20 has been occurring for a few players, but for most it resolves itself after a short while (my vagueness is due to the bug being less predictable than I'd like). Please leave it for 24 hours and check if it persists. There is a workaround that can help you get on to your Shadow in the meantime.

Log into the account, and create a throwaway character. Log back to the character select. Then pick your error code 20 affected character, and change the name when prompted. Don't log in yet.

Then delete your throwaway and try to log into your affected character. This should let you in to the game. Unfortunately, when you log out again the bug will return, so you'll have to jump through these hoops to get back on to the character.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Raila
01.14.2013 , 10:27 AM | #38
Hi again,

Raila, when I looked at your account I could see no recently opened tickets so I assumed (erroneously, as appears to be the case) that your issue was resolved.
Not really no,

Original ticket was 1/6/13 and was closed and blank. 2nd ticket was 1/11/13 and had a one word response "Resolved" which it wasn't. I was about to send an email to support and saw I had received an email response to my ticket. They explained half of it, and gave a blanket answer to cover the other half. I replied to that email with an example of how I know it's still an issue. Just gonna wait and see what happens there I guess.
Quitting the game? (or anything for that matter) Check this link before making a post about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGiK-X9-0A

cailihto
01.14.2013 , 10:44 AM | #39
Thanks for the update Bessodd, I have updated my same ticket to let you guys know of the specific gear pieces that were deleted on the shadow and sentinel. The shadow and gunslinger need to be both restored and only the sentinel and shadow need those gear items restored. The gunslinger has no missing gear. Please let me know once confirmed. I am very very anxious to get back in game with my full effective account.

DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 11:03 AM | #40
Hi again,

Neb-Rye, your gunslinger restore request looks to be ok, but for the other requests, it will probably help to add a note (just edit the ticket from within the game, we can see the old text too) about the circumstances of losing the gear pieces you want restored, and any timeframes if possible.

DeludedAussie, Error code 20 has been occurring for a few players, but for most it resolves itself after a short while (my vagueness is due to the bug being less predictable than I'd like). Please leave it for 24 hours and check if it persists. There is a workaround that can help you get on to your Shadow in the meantime.

Log into the account, and create a throwaway character. Log back to the character select. Then pick your error code 20 affected character, and change the name when prompted. Don't log in yet.

Then delete your throwaway and try to log into your affected character. This should let you in to the game. Unfortunately, when you log out again the bug will return, so you'll have to jump through these hoops to get back on to the character.
Ok, Thanks for everything Beesodd! Means a lot Would it be possible for you to flag my Assassin (Ethorus) for rename so I can name it correctly (since it swapped names with my currently 'bugged' shadow)?