Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP augments

Anosa
01.13.2013 , 12:21 PM | #1
For pvp is it best to stack power, will power or alacrity?
Meow

SoonerJBD
01.13.2013 , 01:35 PM | #2
Willpower is still best for augments in PvP regardless of spec. Power gives more bonus damage per point, but willpower gives you extra critical chance that makes it better DPS/HPS well past current gearing levels.

Anosa
01.13.2013 , 03:59 PM | #3
so dont stack crit and surge at all? i know they diminish but yea
Meow

SoonerJBD
01.13.2013 , 04:15 PM | #4
The only augments you ever want are Willpower.

Depending on spec, you want your critical rating somewhere between 250-300, I believe. Stack power in your mods and enhancements after that. Surge should be around 300. Go with alacrity after that. I can't remember the exact "best-in-slot" numbers off the top of my head. Point being, all of these numbers are achievable by switing out mods and enhancements in your gear, which is why you don't need to worry about using augments for crit or surge.

Anosa
01.13.2013 , 04:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
The only augments you ever want are Willpower.

Depending on spec, you want your critical rating somewhere between 250-300, I believe. Stack power in your mods and enhancements after that. Surge should be around 300. Go with alacrity after that. I can't remember the exact "best-in-slot" numbers off the top of my head. Point being, all of these numbers are achievable by switing out mods and enhancements in your gear, which is why you don't need to worry about using augments for crit or surge.
im pvp so mods dont mean crap since expertise is needed
Meow

SoonerJBD
01.13.2013 , 04:23 PM | #6
Mods carry both expertise and power/crit/surge/alacrity. So yes, they still matter. If you want to min/max your gear, you will need to buy extra pieces and switch a few mods and enhancements around to get the best stats possible.

orryko
01.13.2013 , 08:13 PM | #7
266 alacrity and surge...even though they will be a few points higher once you min/max ewh. For crit...anywhere between 30-35%...figure out which number works best for you as far as numbers you see on your screen in all situations. At the very least, you should switch all mods to the +40 power ones if your pieces have power/surge or power/alacrity. And yes, use all wp augments unless you want exactly 30% crit, then you can probably afford to use 1 or 2 power augments for a couple point bonus damage increase.

Vladnar
01.14.2013 , 12:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by anosa View Post
for pvp is it best to stack power, will power or alacrity?
willpower
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Vladnar
01.14.2013 , 12:51 AM | #9
get rid of ALL your alacrity too....the slight speed increase over power output would be wasting your time
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

SoonerJBD
01.14.2013 , 11:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
get rid of ALL your alacrity too....the slight speed increase over power output would be wasting your time
Stop giving people this terrible advice. Alacrity does not compete with power in end game gearing. Power competes with crit. Alacrity competes with Surge, which has a huge DR after around 300, and accuracy, which a Sorc absolutely does not use. Get your surge to around 300 and then stack all the alacrity you like.