Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

force lighting

badou
01.13.2013 , 12:36 PM | #1
why is the no cd force lighting in madness tree when it should be in lighting tree this is a loss of dps and it is really stupid :@ all the force lighting cd and procs and the rest should be in the lighting tree.

lazraven
01.13.2013 , 01:16 PM | #2
The Lightning tree is based around damage spells, not damage over time spells.

Force Lightning is a channeled damage over time spell used by the Madness tree. Lightning Strike serves the same purpose in the Lightning tree.

Lightning Barrage makes Force Lightning behave like a Lightning Strike.

So, the design is right on point. If you want to use Force Lightning as a Lightning Sorc, go hybrid.
Smashing through the boundaries, Lunacy has found me, Cannot stop the battery

Pounding out aggression, Turns into obsession, Cannot kill the battery

badou
01.13.2013 , 01:20 PM | #3
the point is you shouldnt go hybrid.now in pvp the only spec that does almost ok dmg is madness and if they did some twiks here and there lighting could be veryyyyy viable like making force lighting no cd on the tree of no pushback or at least put some more dmg on the rest of the spells.

Genuine
01.13.2013 , 01:24 PM | #4
sorc have really good damg lol you want more for us ? lol
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

SoonerJBD
01.13.2013 , 01:28 PM | #5
That's just not the way the trees are designed. Madness is designed around Force Lightning both as a filler spell and as the trigger for Wrath procs, which make Crushing Darkness hit hard and tie the spec together. Lightning is designed around Lightning Strike as a filler that gives you the procs you need.

If they wanted to give the lightning spec spammable force lightning, they would essentially need to re-design the entire tree so that procs came from force lightning instead of lightning strike. And that would make lightning strike completely useless for any spec.

badou
01.13.2013 , 01:49 PM | #6
they can at least put it 1 tier down so you can take it and take also the 31 points in lighting

WaldoA
01.13.2013 , 02:58 PM | #7
Hybrid madness/lightning for DPS + some survivability
full madness for good DPS, provided you're left relatively alone to deal continual damage from DoTs

I do enjoy full madness as it's fun to run around spreading 3 dots on people

SoonerJBD
01.13.2013 , 03:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by badou View Post
they can at least put it 1 tier down so you can take it and take also the 31 points in lighting
Even if they did, it wouldn't help the Lightning spec. If you started using force lightning instead of lightning strike, you would be missing out on your procs in the lightning tree and gimping your DPS. Each spec needs one filler spell. Lightning's is Lightning Stirke. If you want to use force lightning, go Madness or hybrid. That simple.

Anosa
01.13.2013 , 04:17 PM | #9
the lightning tree needs to be tweaked to be burst dps.
Meow

wwkingms
01.14.2013 , 04:09 AM | #10
i do very well as hybrid

i absolutely hate full madness

creeping terror is a joke for dmg and the u run out of force way too much

as hyrbid im very active, do a lot of dmg and hardly run out of force

400,500,600 k dmg are regular occurrences for me and im baffled if i dont lead the warzone in dmg

and in sorc's current state, if we're not healing we might as well put up flashy numbers
NIHIL

THE BASTION