Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
01.13.2013 , 06:45 AM | #5211
Quote: Originally Posted by Katano View Post
Yes i should have read the thread first, but also i think my post should have been read better. What i feel as "priority" are non-romance features. I just highly doubt that adding same sex marriage over easing f2p restrictions (wether they plan it or not) and other features such as fixing open world PvP will bring in more population/money for bioware. When it comes to romance features though, i'm simply stating my opinion. So yes, it is suppose to be what i want since its my opinion lol.
There is a thread for telling people that you don't want SGRA's in the game or think that Pazaak racing is more important. It's in the Suggestion Box and is run by a chap with very similar opinions to yours. I would politely request that you continue your train of thought there, as this is a thread for discussing how same-sex romances could be implemented into the game, not whether or not you think they should.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.13.2013 , 07:54 AM | #5212
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the SGR flirts are dealt with in RotHC. While it's not full SGRAs it'll at least be a snapshot of how they're intending to approach the whole matter.
I imagine they'll be just like they are now with npcs.

*Flirt*
*respond with compliment or nervousness and then move onto the quest at hand*

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.13.2013 , 07:59 AM | #5213
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
There is a thread for telling people that you don't want SGRA's in the game or think that Pazaak racing is more important. It's in the Suggestion Box and is run by a chap with very similar opinions to yours. I would politely request that you continue your train of thought there, as this is a thread for discussing how same-sex romances could be implemented into the game, not whether or not you think they should.
And like this thread, it has people in it saying "it should be implemented and this is how and if you don't agree you're wrong and or evil"

Why I suggested combining the two threads. It's the same thing in both threads, only a different title.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
01.13.2013 , 08:13 AM | #5214
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Why I suggested combining the two threads. It's the same thing in both threads, only a different title.
Makes trolling so much easier, doesn't it?

markcymru's Avatar


markcymru
01.13.2013 , 10:16 AM | #5215
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
It's the same thing in both threads, only a different title.
You’re wrong, and you know it.

This thread was originally about asking for clarification about when (and if possible, how) SGRs were going to be implemented. It still is, because as time goes on and SGRs don’t appear for companions, we’re going to want more clarification.

In the meantime, however, as you well know, the scope of this thread has become fuzzy, at the behest of the mods. So now it’s also a place for discussing how SGRs could be implemented (and all the myriad details that that entails). In this thread the debates are now about what to do vis-à-vis SGR-implementation. Anti-SGR players are welcome to come and debate those details if they want to. They’re not welcome to come and rail against actually implementing SGRs (and I include in that comment all the sneaky ways that that type of poster has to try to argue against SGRs). Not that anti-SGR types don’t come here anyway to speak against SGRs – but they’re clearly off-topic and rude.

The other thread is explicitly a place for the anti-SGR crowd to rail against SGRs. Hence it is also the place where that issue is debated. So long as posters stick to the topic and politely/respectfully debate the point ‘SGRs should not be included’, they should be welcome in that thread (but not here).

This is all pretty obvious, so why do you persist in trolling the issue?
Maana Mungu aliupenda ulimwengu hivi hata akamtoa Mwana wake wa pekee, ili kila amwaminiye asipotee, bali awe na uzima wa milele

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
01.13.2013 , 01:19 PM | #5216
Even the mods agree this is thread serves a different purpose :P http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=5093
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Anglvamp's Avatar


Anglvamp
01.13.2013 , 01:24 PM | #5217
The two threads have been kept separate ( they aren't even in the same subforum ) I would think in an attempt to keep the whole forum a little more peaceful. We all know its a rather charged subject and neither side is going to be convinced that the other could have a point.

There are plenty of multiple threads about the same subjects in the rest of these forums and I don't think having two about this subject is going to kill anyone.

Also, if you aren't going to read the rest of the thread, why bother posting? I know its long, but you're here for information ( supposedly ) its there for the reading, read.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
01.13.2013 , 01:43 PM | #5218
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
And like this thread, it has people in it saying "it should be implemented and this is how and if you don't agree you're wrong and or evil"
I don't see anyone pro-SGRA in this thread accusing anyone of being 'evil' simply because someone disagrees with an opinion. Wrong? Certainly. Some people's opinions do strike me as being 'wrong'. Of course they do. If they didn't I wouldn't oppose them. When someone comes into this thread saying that there should be more work done on OGRAs before SGRAs are even looked at then yes, I think that's wrong and I'm going to say so.

And yes, I do think it's an entitled viewpoint and no mention of 'chill pills' by the person I was quoting is going to alter the fact that they were saying outright that SGRAs should wait until non-romance stuff and further OGRA content has been implemented. And then only a 'maybe'.

Is the person I was responding to 'evil'? No, and I never suggested that they were. Funnily enough the pro-SGRA crowd is always on the receiving end of that particular judgement. It's an opinion, it's one I oppose and it's one that I think is outright wrong. Not because it's different from mine, but because it comes from a position of privilege, because it's completely blind to the idea that pro-SGRA players might want the same opportunities as pro-OGRA players, and because the view that we should have to wait not only for non-romance features but also for the expansion of existing OGRA features is an entitled viewpoint.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Why I suggested combining the two threads. It's the same thing in both threads, only a different title.
This is a very bad idea. Putting those two threads together would result in the biggest flame-fest since the mods decided to separate the pro- and anti-SGRA crowds.

And before you start saying the two crowds are 'just as bad as one another' or anything similar, we're not intending to deny people features. We just want features implemented and expanded upon. We're not trying to get them to take OGRAs out. The majority of us, I'm willing to bet, have no problem with OGRAs being expanded upon, we just want SGRAs implemented as well, alongside, as they should have been at launch.

Those opposed to SGRAs want to deny features outright. The two viewpoints are directly in opposition.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
01.13.2013 , 01:57 PM | #5219
Oh this post did give me a good laugh.

Quote: Originally Posted by Katano View Post
First off, romances in general should not be a main priority for fixing/adding at the moment.
Okay, but

Quote: Originally Posted by Katano View Post
What i mean by that is there are a few complaints that have been around since the start such as a light side Jaesa romance or using romance as a reason to turn Ashara to the darkside.
this doesn't jive well with the argument that romance content (all of it) should be pushed way way back.

You can't say romance "in general" should be pushed to the back burner to justify pushing off SGRAs and then say some of it (OGRA content ofc) should be placed a bit higher on the list.

And complaints about a "lack of SGRAs" have surely been around "from the start" (even before then) so why should these particular OGRAs be placed as a higher priority over SGRAs? Or, you could just stick to your original "guns" and say it should all be of equally low priority.

As an aside, I would like a LS Jaesa romance too (SGRA enabled ofc) but I have an odd feeling that it would be OGRA exclusive if ever added (DS Jaesa would be the SGRA )
Node guarder

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
01.13.2013 , 01:59 PM | #5220
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I imagine they'll be just like they are now with npcs.

*Flirt*
*respond with compliment or nervousness and then move onto the quest at hand*
Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm nonetheless interested to see how they're dealt with. Not so much in a mechanical manner (I mean there are only so many ways the engine can respond to player input) but in the implementation of availability, as it were - whether they'll be intended as exclusively same-gender, for example, or whether they'll simply throw in [Flirt]s that are available to both genders. I'm expecting a mix, of course.

Then there's the writing. How the opportunities are written is a pretty key thing. Will the writing flow as if same-sex relations are so natural that neither character really blinks? 'You like me? But I'm nobody special,' has a very different feel to 'You like me? But I'm a boy.' The writing sets a cultural overtone for same-sex relations in general, not just for that one instance of flirtation.

That's one of the reasons I'm so much more positive about [Flirt]s coming with Makeb than I could be. No, it's not full SGRAs (and it arguably should be), but it's an opportunity for BW:A to let everyone know where they stand on SGRAs' validity within the SWTOR universe in an in-character, in-game manner.

Whether they take that opportunity or not, well, that's another matter of course.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::