Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdmiralParmesan
01.11.2013 , 10:44 PM | #361
Honestly its annoying enough in regular warzones getting tunnel focused by every marauder, assassin, powertech and Juggernaut entire games. It gets old after one game, after 4 or 5 in a row of being tunnel focused by players it makes you want to quit.

Honestly I find it harder and harder to even bother playing my sorc in solo ques
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Larry_Dallas
01.12.2013 , 02:33 PM | #362
A 10-15% damage increase across the board wouldn't hurt either. Can play 4 sorc specs blind...have maybe a week's experience (pve) DPSing on a Vanguard (respecced from tank) and I'm matching my sorc single target dps in worse gear. I assume, once I'm in better gear, there will be a huge gap.

SoonerJBD
01.13.2013 , 11:19 AM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
A 10-15% damage increase across the board wouldn't hurt either. Can play 4 sorc specs blind...have maybe a week's experience (pve) DPSing on a Vanguard (respecced from tank) and I'm matching my sorc single target dps in worse gear. I assume, once I'm in better gear, there will be a huge gap.
The sims and parses are pretty clear that Sorc DPS specs are between 5 and 10 percent behind some others (Vanguard included) in PvE. I'd be happy with a 5 percent buff. I think that is realistic. I also think it would help in PvP, although I would also like to see something for added survivability in PvP. Another escape or something along those lines would help.

orryko
01.13.2013 , 08:27 PM | #364
Buffing our damage is a minor concern at the moment, at least for lightning. I broke 6k last night twice on cl with a 6046 and 6181. I hit the majority of people with tb and cl between 4-5k. Adding 10% to those numbers is nice for sure, but it won't make that huge of an impact.

These are changes we need for each spec:

Corruption
- some type of binding heal that heals the caster and a target for a moderate amount
- a pain suppression (damage reduction) ability on a 2-3 min cd which can be used on any target and while the caster is stunned
- another instant cast type heal (I really loved prayer of mending on my priest, not a huge heal but a nice little something)

Lightning
- thundering blast needs a knockdown or knockback associated with it
-some kind of blink or teleport ability on a moderate cooldown (30 secs or so)

Madness
- dispel protection, either in the form of a new talent or an unstable affliction type of ability
- dot ticks that restore force
- force lightning refreshing affliction ticks

Utility for all specs
- auras/armors such as the ones priests have in wow...additional armor/spellpower and increased movement speed/ lower instant cast costs
- an iceblock type ability to allow us to be node guards
- a purge type ability that removes all defensive cds on a target, on a 2-3 min cooldown
- give sorcs some baseline ability that increases the effectiveness of alacrity and possibly speeds up the tick of dots

I don't think any of these changes would make sorcs op, but they would make most teams want to include at least 1 in their makeup.

fungihoujo
01.14.2013 , 12:58 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
The sims and parses are pretty clear that Sorc DPS specs are between 5 and 10 percent behind some others (Vanguard included) in PvE. I'd be happy with a 5 percent buff. I think that is realistic. I also think it would help in PvP, although I would also like to see something for added survivability in PvP. Another escape or something along those lines would help.
Also- those parses are on bosses that'll be fully debuffed for armour penetration- we actually do even less damage than that in pvp because we won't reliably have an armour debuff on our target... while other classes have armour pen on many attacks to begin with.

Chemic_al
01.14.2013 , 06:29 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Yep, my powertech is way better with less gear, the difference is a bad joke.

AdmiralParmesan
01.15.2013 , 12:43 AM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Also- those parses are on bosses that'll be fully debuffed for armour penetration- we actually do even less damage than that in pvp because we won't reliably have an armour debuff on our target... while other classes have armour pen on many attacks to begin with.
Yeah a heavy armored target is a huge problem for us. It seems lightning would be elemental damage but its not lol

Chemic_al
01.15.2013 , 03:27 AM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Yeah a heavy armored target is a huge problem for us. It seems lightning would be elemental damage but its not lol
But by the same token it wouldn't make sense for TK throw to be elemental. But either way, it is a problem yes.

AdmiralParmesan
01.16.2013 , 06:56 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
But by the same token it wouldn't make sense for TK throw to be elemental. But either way, it is a problem yes.
I could care less, ultimately the role playing factor of what damage type our moves equate to is irrelevant. I hear people say all the time my force lightning shouldn't penetrate past armor, its sad that people still don't' realize force lightning is mitigated by armor. What matters is the fact that it takes a lifetime to kill heavy armored targets and is even worse if they are a tank.

verfallen
01.16.2013 , 08:03 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Doesn't make sense for Railshot to ignore 90% armor either.

And the thing won't be mitigated either by the base resistance to internal/elemental anyone with the Inq/sage buff has. It effecitively will hit like a truckload.

If you look at the various dps spec who are currently frowned at, you have concealment operative and sorc. What is the common point between the two? Kinetic/energy heavy, with no armor bypass.

Snipers/jug have access to an armor debuff, annihilation marauder's bleed are all internal, carnage have gore, PT are nearly all elemental, with as said a permanent 90% AP on its big hitter, merc's kinetic tree has a 35% armor pen on its cylinder.

Mostly tough, its fitting that a class that is designed as a glass cannon could bypass armor, since even tank dps can be threatening right now, and not even talking about those tank in dps gear or hybrids.

So making most of sorc's attack elemental imo makes sense. Now as far as mirror class goes, yah its somewhat confusing that PEBBLES would not be mitigated by armor, but heck, lets say they go in cracks in the armor and punch holes in the skins there, causing INTERNAL bleeding eh :P

But if other class have burst, sorc could easily take a position as the "unavoidable" damage dealer, burning Heavy armor class as if they were naked.

That said, I'm not exactly sure PvP TTK even allows that, but it WOULD make sense to have a RDPS that shines against some bosses in PvE by their ability to bypass armor.