Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i have paid for a extra character slot but it isnt there

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
i have paid for a extra character slot but it isnt there

R-Tee-Doo-Tee
01.12.2013 , 11:44 AM | #1
i only have the standard amount of characters (12) i bought and paid for a extra character slot. I claimed the item from the cartel shop but it isnt available ? Can someone help me with this or do i need to claim the money back using my credit card company. I have submitted a ticket but no answers ??????

Stebbinn
01.12.2013 , 11:59 AM | #2
You can not add an extra slot if you already have 12 slots on a server.
Here's a quote from the patch notes saying subscribers are LIMITED TO 12 CHARACTERS PER SERVER
Quote:
Character slot restrictions are now being enforced:
By default, Free-to-Play players are restricted to 2 characters per server.
By default, Preferred Status players are restricted to 6 characters per server.
By default, Subscribers are limited to 12 Characters per servers.
All players have a Global Active Character Limit of 350 Characters.

Quintessent
01.12.2013 , 12:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Stebbinn View Post
Here's a quote from the patch notes saying subscribers are LIMITED TO 12 CHARACTERS PER SERVER
If that is the case then its a very very bad piece of game design and very poor setup on the market. NO person should be able to buy an unlock on the market that is already unlocked for that character, or is not applicable.

I think we need CS clarification on this as the quote you reference is relatively clear, but does leave some room for interpretation.

Gavida
01.12.2013 , 12:54 PM | #4
Actually you can.
I bought another character slot and now have 12/13 active Characters (meaning 12 of 13 possible characters) on my main server, as well as an additional 13th slot on the other servers. Subscribers are limited to 12 slots without buying additional slots.

ETA: You have to claim the item from the Cartel Shop and then use the item in your inventory. This opens the slot. I think I did a restart of the game to make sure it is shown correctly.

Stebbinn
01.12.2013 , 10:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavida View Post
Actually you can.
I bought another character slot and now have 12/13 active Characters (meaning 12 of 13 possible characters) on my main server, as well as an additional 13th slot on the other servers. Subscribers are limited to 12 slots without buying additional slots.
Then it's very misleading information they give, I actually know someone I met ingame who bought extra slot (he had 12 slots since he's a subscriber) and he has claimed it from the shop and used the item but did not gain the extra slot, even after restarting the game, running repair and so on, he is still restricted for 12 characters, he hasn't gotten any answer from CS yet though, at least not that I know of.

DeludedAussie
01.13.2013 , 12:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavida View Post
Actually you can.

ETA: You have to claim the item from the Cartel Shop and then use the item in your inventory. This opens the slot. I think I did a restart of the game to make sure it is shown correctly.
^ This.

Some unlocks do bug on characters thus claiming it and not activating it. The only way to get it fixed is a CS ticket.

I think i read in another thread the limit is 18 character slots per server.

Vanelon
01.13.2013 , 02:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DeludedAussie View Post
^ This.

Some unlocks do bug on characters thus claiming it and not activating it. The only way to get it fixed is a CS ticket.

I think i read in another thread the limit is 18 character slots per server.
actually Cs have already said that its 22 slot per server it was in a post
here is the link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583220
The Swtor is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.

sabbey
01.13.2013 , 02:27 AM | #8
For those who subscribe it's 22 characters per server...

DeludedAussie
01.13.2013 , 05:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanelon View Post
actually Cs have already said that its 22 slot per server it was in a post
here is the link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583220
Ah, Thats where i read it, Got my numbers mixed up :P. But to the OP the only thing you can do is wait until someone responds to your ticket. This could take anywhere from hours to days to weeks. Depending on how busy they are.

Icestar
01.13.2013 , 06:29 AM | #10
I have bought four new characters after the patch and now have 16 characters on the server.

It worked out fine so it must be a error of some sort