Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A REAL Solution to gear imbalance in level 50 Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A REAL Solution to gear imbalance in level 50 Warzones

DarthRaika
01.12.2013 , 12:00 PM | #21
You people that assume everyone should have max comms pre-50 make me sad. Now personally, I did have max comms on all of my chars as I mainly pvp. However, not being a total ahole and understanding that this game's pvp would benefit from an influx of new players then it is plain to see that players that decide to pvp after 50 should not be punished this severely.

I am sorry for you people that can't see this as you must be really angry to hate them so much even when it will hurt your gameplay experience as there will be less players and less development money going into pvp if they don't continue to play pvp.

Also, remember this game's main focus was the pre-50 pve experience. Many new players might get into the game for that. Then, if they have a decent experience, they might find pvp fun and start pvp'n. Some of these players will be great pvp'rs as well. Get over yourselves.

I think many of you are just afraid of having any competition. I bet many of the people against better gear for new 50s are against premade matching as well.

General_Aldo
01.12.2013 , 01:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
You people that assume everyone should have max comms pre-50 make me sad. Now personally, I did have max comms on all of my chars as I mainly pvp. However, not being a total ahole and understanding that this game's pvp would benefit from an influx of new players then it is plain to see that players that decide to pvp after 50 should not be punished this severely.

I am sorry for you people that can't see this as you must be really angry to hate them so much even when it will hurt your gameplay experience as there will be less players and less development money going into pvp if they don't continue to play pvp.

Also, remember this game's main focus was the pre-50 pve experience. Many new players might get into the game for that. Then, if they have a decent experience, they might find pvp fun and start pvp'n. Some of these players will be great pvp'rs as well. Get over yourselves.

I think many of you are just afraid of having any competition. I bet many of the people against better gear for new 50s are against premade matching as well.
In my experience, bad players will blame gear for their defeat. Thinking it has NOTHING to do with their current skill level. It's by nature that people want to believe they are very good at their class and use it to 100% potential. However, this is almost never reality, and most of these bad players that complain about gear gap use their class to not even 50% of it's potential. This is the truth, and if you disagree, then you should go play GW2.

criminalheretic
01.12.2013 , 01:45 PM | #23
Good news! They lowered the price on WH gear to be the same price BM used to be!

/thread
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

DrewFromPhilly
01.12.2013 , 03:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SDTAXantos View Post
If you would of capped Rated and Normal WZ comms from 40+, you would have FIVE PIECES OF ARMOR, WEAPON, AND AN IMPLANT OR EARPIECE. If you haven't PvPed before 50, that is your fault. Fresh PvPers at 50 piss people off as much as having a lack of gear, or laziness to augment their gear and ***** about it.
Wow, calm down man. Not everyone wants to spend hours/days converting everything to ranked at a 3:1 ratio when they can just get it at 50...and, the planet will continue spinning despite this.

SDTAXantos
01.12.2013 , 05:23 PM | #25
It wasn't caps-lock rage cruise control. I just wanted to overemphasize that point. If they don't want to put in the effort pre 50, then they shouldn't cry about this "gear imbalance" at 50. These are the same people that don't augment their WH gear when they do get it anyway, so why should BioWare pander to the lowest common denominator?

If one wants to be competitive, put in the effort. Even with gear, these bads will come back on the forums complaining how certain classes are OP because they have no clue how to counter and play. It all comes down to a L2P issue.
<The Heartbreaker>
Erotik ~* - Corpulence *┤ - Risqué - Flirt - Adipose - Zaftig - Buxom ¥Θ - Heavyset ¥»
Erotiq ≈) - Ecdysiast ┤) - Gatstrapped ⌐» - Sapphik - Pin-up ≡»

cashogy
01.12.2013 , 05:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
there is no gear gap if you actually participate in PvP.....
in case you missed it

PloGreen
01.12.2013 , 05:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post

Er, war hero costs bugger all now. I am sure the majority of new players will be able to gain a new set of gear in a very short space of time. At some point they will have to learn like anyone else, and it is ALOT easier for them now to gear up. Pvp should not be about holding new players hands all the time.

Mackeyla
01.12.2013 , 06:50 PM | #28
I feel like my grandparents as I begin to type this post but here we go....

When I played this game back in the day....like a year ago.... we had to grind up comms to buy bags with other comms in them to get Centurian gear...and then Champion gear...and then we had to buy bags for Battlemaster gear on the CHANCE that we would get a Battlemaster comm...and the chance you'd get one was really pretty lame.

Currently in game....

You youngins now get a nice little present at level 50...you can either start out with a full set of recruit gear or get a nice little chunk of change.

Not only that but you can buy weapons prior to level 50 that have expertise in them, and if you so desire you can build your own set of expertise gear with a little patience and coin.

Not only that but the regular warzone comm cap has been raised quite a bit since the game's release so you can horde a bunch of comms for when you hit 50.

Not only that but you can start buying rated warzone comms at level 40 to cap those comms as well.

Not only that but you have the option to remove mod/armor/enhance from your other toons' gear and ship them to your newbie via Legacy gear.

Not only that but the price on the same War Hero gear that many of us spent months grinding comms to purchase now costs the same as the Battlemaster gear did.

Not only that but the Elite War Hero gear is a TINY step up from the regular War Hero gear which in ITSELF closes whatever gap you THINK might have existed before its release.

In conclusion...the gear gap has never been more closed. It's sealed. So stop wasting your time complaining on forums and start PVPing...which will then allow you to personally close your own gap in more ways than one.

And while you're at it...get off of my lawn.

Thanks!
~*~Mackayla~*~Mackaela~*~Mackenzi~*~
In my fist there's a song...
Do you want to sing along?

~*~Ascendancy~*~

General_Aldo
01.12.2013 , 10:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackeyla View Post
I feel like my grandparents as I begin to type this post but here we go....

When I played this game back in the day....like a year ago.... we had to grind up comms to buy bags with other comms in them to get Centurian gear...and then Champion gear...and then we had to buy bags for Battlemaster gear on the CHANCE that we would get a Battlemaster comm...and the chance you'd get one was really pretty lame.

Currently in game....

You youngins now get a nice little present at level 50...you can either start out with a full set of recruit gear or get a nice little chunk of change.

Not only that but you can buy weapons prior to level 50 that have expertise in them, and if you so desire you can build your own set of expertise gear with a little patience and coin.

Not only that but the regular warzone comm cap has been raised quite a bit since the game's release so you can horde a bunch of comms for when you hit 50.

Not only that but you can start buying rated warzone comms at level 40 to cap those comms as well.

Not only that but you have the option to remove mod/armor/enhance from your other toons' gear and ship them to your newbie via Legacy gear.

Not only that but the price on the same War Hero gear that many of us spent months grinding comms to purchase now costs the same as the Battlemaster gear did.

Not only that but the Elite War Hero gear is a TINY step up from the regular War Hero gear which in ITSELF closes whatever gap you THINK might have existed before its release.

In conclusion...the gear gap has never been more closed. It's sealed. So stop wasting your time complaining on forums and start PVPing...which will then allow you to personally close your own gap in more ways than one.

And while you're at it...get off of my lawn.

Thanks!
Spoken like a true PvPer. I completely agree

DarthRaika
01.12.2013 , 11:02 PM | #30
I just think recruit could use a slight boost. I do agree that the gap is much closer and for any serious pvp'r there isn't an issue. I just think with the lack of premade matching then pvp is pretty hard on newcomers. So giving recruit gear a small boost may help some of them stick around.