Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing SWTOR and multitasking on my pc at the same time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Playing SWTOR and multitasking on my pc at the same time

SansVarnic
01.12.2013 , 04:11 PM | #1
Is it possible to do both?
I ask this because I want to play and work at the same as I have two screens and I would like to be able to multi task.
When I played other MMORPG's in the past I could do both but here when click my other screen the game minimizes and it is kind of irritating.
Is there something I am missing in the preference settings or do I have something wrong that I am not seeing?
Please help.
Thanks.

nattodaisuki
01.12.2013 , 06:05 PM | #2
Play Swtor in "Window" mode.
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

SansVarnic
01.14.2013 , 02:46 PM | #3
Thaks that did the trick.

SoulPrism
01.14.2013 , 02:56 PM | #4
Windowed mode is a solution, but it is possible to run the game full screen and alt+tab back to the desktop [I have the game running while typing this]. Of course you need a decent amount of ram, I would say >4GB, to do this. If you want to be able to full screen multitask then I would say upgrade your ram.

nattodaisuki
01.14.2013 , 04:25 PM | #5
Please read the Op's question more closely...

Quote:
I ask this because I want to play and work at the same as I have two screens and I would like to be able to multi task
Using Two screens and playing the game in full screen make both the screens go full screen, while playing it in windows mode on one screen lets you work on other things on your second monitor without Alt Tabbing out.
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.