Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rubberbanding. Time to fix it. [Video]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Rubberbanding. Time to fix it. [Video]

Majspuffen
01.11.2013 , 06:14 PM | #1
Since 1.3 your game has been extremely laggy. I believe that when you fixed this issue;

"Players who are stunned or immobilized no longer appear to teleport a short distance to a new location on other players' screens."

... you literally broke the game. The lag I experience today is nothing compared to the minor gripe that was that bug. I'd recommend that you revert whatever technical change you did to the game back then, and try to resolve this issue once again. The game is simply not enjoyable with all this lag.

Below are a few clips of typical examples of this PvP lag:

http://youtu.be/A6oRTlRdC-c (started fraps after being victim to a force push)

http://youtu.be/eqp47YSF4QU

Note that this is not an isolated case. I've shown these videos to most of my friends and they all confirm that they have this sort of lag, too.

I'm playing on an European server named The Progenitor, if that information is of any use.

Majspuffen
01.11.2013 , 06:20 PM | #2
Oh, and while you investigate this it is worth mentioning that there are more visual bugs in pvp since 1.3. Targets disappearing after a knockback or root, targets warpign all over the place. Sometimes, it looks like people lay on their backs and then they "lag" around the place, making it rather impossible to figure out where they actually are.

Your game is extremely unstable. I'd recommend reverting whatever change you did in 1.3 and retry finding a solution to the problem with targets not appearing where they should be, after a stun.

Majspuffen
01.12.2013 , 02:18 PM | #3
Are you allowed to bump your own thread in this forum?

This issue has been going on for months now. Frankly, pvp in its current state looks worse than the beta footage.

HoboWithAStick
01.12.2013 , 05:16 PM | #4
This is a huge issue in this game and sometimes its a gamebreeaking experince. Though the video you posted isn't the best expample the ones that really are gamebreaking is crossing firetraps then being stun-warped back into them in huttball. Also having someone leap to someone sitting on a ledge and seeing them fall down 2-5 secs while they have actually been up top the whole time.

Things like this need to be fixed. Also after the last patch I have noticed my ping go up from the normal 71-73 to a 90-94 consistantly. I get the feeling bioware might have added in software to monitor peoples in game actions on the fly and I might be someone they are watching since I've been reported for twinking (aka I have full purples on all my low level toons)

Majspuffen
01.12.2013 , 05:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
This is a huge issue in this game and sometimes its a gamebreeaking experince. Though the video you posted isn't the best expample the ones that really are gamebreaking is crossing firetraps then being stun-warped back into them in huttball. Also having someone leap to someone sitting on a ledge and seeing them fall down 2-5 secs while they have actually been up top the whole time.
Will try to get a better example. The main problem is that I do not have any editing software, and the fraps demo can only record 30 seconds at a time.

But yes. It is clearly the worst in huttball. At times I've been force pushed into the fire pit while it is heating up. I've used my CC breaker and then popped force speed to try and get out, only to stutter back in. The stutter in my video is actaully a relatively mild case. Will try to get a caption of a more severe case of it.

HoboWithAStick
01.12.2013 , 05:27 PM | #6
I will also try to get an example of this as well, I've made threads about this in the past but no one seemed to bump it nor did bioware reply to it. Now that there is someone else commited to this maybe we can get them to at least reply to it.

Majspuffen
01.13.2013 , 08:22 AM | #7
Changed my original post a little. Added a new video;

http://youtu.be/eqp47YSF4QU

I saw that happen in a game I had not too long ago. Minimized it just to open my fraps demo to record it. It isn't exactly hard work, but I'm not getting payed for this either <.< so I hope it will actually account to something. Yes, that is a guilt-trip. Fix your game, Bioware. >:(

deongrein
01.13.2013 , 08:53 AM | #8
Dont kid yourself to much, sadly as long as eaware is making money off the cartel market packs, they are only going to focus their resources on that.

DeAlerT
01.13.2013 , 09:43 AM | #9
If its any good, im experiencing the same issues as on videos. And its like getting worse every patch. Every knockdown is causing this, using cc break is pointless waste of cooldown because you just get teleported back and forward.

And about people dissapearing, its worse in huttball, everytime warrior charges someone on different platform, we're unable to target them, like my client has no idea where they are. Although i had several marauders doing ravage while beeing invisible in other warzones.

Im in a hurry, so wont type everything thats happening, everyone who plays pvp has experienced this, but this, coupled with extreme damage in pvp makes it pretty frustrating sometimes.

HoboWithAStick
01.13.2013 , 09:50 AM | #10
That video is a perfect example of people being in two places at the same time. Can we get bioware to respond please?