Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Focus on what attributes? Sage/Seer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Focus on what attributes? Sage/Seer

ZaeBelochka
03.16.2012 , 01:52 AM | #11
Willpower is first. Endurance means much for pvp and is not so important for pve. Then u need to have crit at least 30% (as it is said above) . Then i think it's the matter of your preference what to choose: crit/surge or power. I prefer crit cause it's not more crits, it's also allows me to get free noble sacrifice buff earlier and sometimes i can't cast healing trance till the end (i'm pushed/stuned/interrupted, i have to move, my target can move out of sight). And i don't like alacrity actually: for urgent healing i have force armor+rejuv+deliverence (and alacrity effects only deliverence) and in over situashions 0.1-0.3 sec don't really matter much

Onager
03.16.2012 , 07:57 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaeBelochka View Post
Willpower is first. Endurance means much for pvp and is not so important for pve. Then u need to have crit at least 30% (as it is said above) . Then i think it's the matter of your preference what to choose: crit/surge or power. I prefer crit cause it's not more crits, it's also allows me to get free noble sacrifice buff earlier and sometimes i can't cast healing trance till the end (i'm pushed/stuned/interrupted, i have to move, my target can move out of sight). And i don't like alacrity actually: for urgent healing i have force armor+rejuv+deliverence (and alacrity effects only deliverence) and in over situashions 0.1-0.3 sec don't really matter much
Between crit/surge and power, Power is generally better assuming you're not completely gimped on crit and surge. Especially as a healer, you tend to care more that you are critting at all, and beyond that adding more power increases your total throughput and makes your heals more force efficient (both crits and noncrits) whereas Surge still requires a crit event to even be a part of the equation.

Surge IMO is better than crit once you're at ~30%-35% crit self buffed. Then at that point surge improves your autocrits on Trance and when using Force Potency in a pinch along with your unaided crits. At this point, if you're otherwise pretty much full Columni, you can start spending your Columni commendations on the Smuggler gear with Power/Surge enhancements.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

porfinicle
03.17.2012 , 06:34 PM | #13
So from this thread I am seeing this as the order of stat importance for the Seer Sage.

Willpower>Endurance?>Crit>Power>Surge>Alacrity Possibly best after Resplendence.

Or

Willpower>Endurance?>Power>Crit>Surge>Alacrity

Now does endurance become less important, and move to the 3rd most important stat. It seems that in forums people talk about willpower then crit, or willpower then power. Where does endurance fit?

Onager
03.17.2012 , 06:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by porfinicle View Post
So from this thread I am seeing this as the order of stat importance for the Seer Sage.

Willpower>Endurance?>Crit>Power>Surge>Alacrity Possibly best after Resplendence.

Or

Willpower>Endurance?>Power>Crit>Surge>Alacrity

Now does endurance become less important, and move to the 3rd most important stat. It seems that in forums people talk about willpower then crit, or willpower then power. Where does endurance fit?
Endurance is impossible to stack intentionally without gimping your Willpower, and vice-versa. If you're stacking Willpower and secondaries instead, Endurance will still be high but not as high.

Currently, a mix of crit/surge, power/alacrity, and power/surge enhancements are probably the best. Stop stacking crit at around the 30% total mark (Including the 5% from your Seer tree and Willpower), 10% is a fine stopping point on Alacrity, and put Power and Surge wherever possible everywhere else.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Edirani
01.11.2013 , 05:47 PM | #15
I don't believe there is any sense of stacking crit/surge because you have a very useful talent that grants you crit bonuses to 2 abilities and mana cost reduction for two more every time you cast Rejuvenate. So you better stack Willpower and Power For bigger heals AND crits :P
Follow your bliss guys

Darth_Dreselus
01.12.2013 , 02:40 PM | #16
Gearing sub 50 is pointless unless you immediately get all orange gear. Even then the mods from vendors are meh at best. Other gear is just gonna be messing with your stat values the whole time you level. The info on what stats you need is correct though, but just focus on Willpower first and know that any secondary and tertiary stats you may want are power/crit/surge/alacrity. Do not take anything with accuracy/defence/shield/absorb. Endurance also just comes on the gear regardless so there is no point focusing on it. As to how much of the sec/ter stats? Since you are not going to reach diminishing returns with sub 50 gear unless you focus solely on surge or alacrity it really makes no difference. Once you reach 50 it is time to mod your gear, read Onager's thread on the values you want (and even those are a general guide the exact numbers will depend on preference, play style and currently available mods.)

For Force management it's all about rotations. What also helps immensely is resting between pulls, just let the team know that you need a few seconds after each pull to regen Force with your rest ability, particularly as a healer.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Codle
01.26.2013 , 12:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Edirani View Post
I don't believe there is any sense of stacking crit/surge because you have a very useful talent that grants you crit bonuses to 2 abilities and mana cost reduction for two more every time you cast Rejuvenate. So you better stack Willpower and Power For bigger heals AND crits :P
The only time Willpower and Secondary stats compete is in some mods, and even then I prefer to use secondary heavy mods, because for a small decrease in willpower there's a larger increase in Power/Crit.

Ignore endurance completely, it'll come with the rest of your stats. People saying that you should focus on it are talking rubbish, don't even take endurance into account when gearing up.

Also, someone said 'self-buffed' crit should be around 30-35%. Is that ONLY with the Consular buff, or is this to say fully buffed?
The Red Eclipse - Khaar Legacy
'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

R.I.P. OPOD

-Sirus-
01.27.2013 , 01:01 PM | #18
There honestly isn't a A > B > C > D> E ... because that is not how the trade offs work in this game.

As a sage, you can trade between willpower and endurance, crit and power, and surge and alacrity. While leveling, you might as well take whatever new gear you find that has a net increase the non-endurance stats I listed. You'll be churning through replacements faster than its worth stopping to optimize. Once you get to 50, I recommend the following.

Willpower > Endurance always
Crit Rating > Power until total chance over 30%. Once there, take a mix while keeping your crit rating below 400
Surge > Alacrity until surge rating over 65%. Once there, take a mix while keeping your surge rating under 75%

For augments, take Willpower.

Finally, always choose unlettered mods when giving the choice.

Brittaany_Banks
01.27.2013 , 01:20 PM | #19
Fully buffed...

Crit chance between 35-40%
Crit multiplier 75%
Alacrity 8-10%
Everything else power
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?