Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Black/blue Lightsaber crystal. How do I get it?

Darlgon
05.08.2012 , 05:16 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
3 sith surround jedi consular. "We've got you now..." The moment draws close, the air grows cold. An orange, two red and a purple lightsaber ignite. Suddenly, a shining myriad of colors overwhelm the seriousness of the scene, burning the brains of the sith slowly to a mush as painfully as can be... One of them screams, "WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!" The other mutters something about trains always departing but never arriving, and the last one stabbed himself immediately with his lightsaber to avoid the visions he knew were coming.

Yup.

Rainbow lightsabers.

Republic Wins, because the dark side cannot tolerate rainbow power. I should know.

I are jedi consular pony, my racial is the stare.
You sir, win this thread. AWESOME story.

Oh.. and.. while it might look out of place... my dual blade Shadow would love to have:
1. A different color for each side
2. A way to throw a switch and change the length ala Luke's Jedi students,who I can't remember thier name, (or was it Jacen?), but did it by swapping out the crystal in the blade to alter the length and color.

sian_gali
05.08.2012 , 10:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Undercoverwrx View Post
I have read that they are part of weapons but dont understand how to go from there. Where do I get the weapons and then how do I get the crystal from them to put in my lightsaber?
You can also get the crystal if you are imperial and PVP:
Crystals (March 29)
Advanced Black-Blue War Hero’s Crystal (+41 expertise) 150k credits, 1950 Warzone Commendations

eta- I would totally use a rainbow saber. My guild leader might have an aneurysm but Sian would be happy.

Helgarm
05.09.2012 , 06:02 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by omgitsbrad View Post
uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.
Every day for you must be a waking nightmare.

/comfort

H.

DarthKrazy
01.12.2013 , 09:22 AM | #34
uh, yes?

Thats like saying you want a rainbow brite unicorn mount, and a masterchief outfit, while calling yourself a Jedi.

The black lightsabers simply dont exist in any form in the Star Wars universe, hence a fan that wont touch them is most likely a bigger star wars fan then the guy/gal who would.
Maybe you should do some research.. Pre Vizsla wielded a black bladed darksaber in the clone wars.. How are people going to talk about how they know so much about star wars and than be completely off base.. Fail.

DarthKrazy
01.12.2013 , 09:31 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
I'll admit I haven't watched the episode of the clone wars show that featured the dark saber (or any of the series, for that matter) but from all the screenshots/pictures of it, it looks like some fancy black sword that happens to be glowing white, with a far more defined shape than a lightsaber. It does NOT look even remotely like a "simple" lightsaber with a black core. (wiki article says it was originally going to just be a regular vibrosword, but Lucas didn't want lightsabers to be able to be blocked by regular weapons that look like swords, so it was made special... 'course, Unless I'm missing something lightsabers are getting blocked by vibroswords all the time in TOR (and KOTOR, for that matter), as well as similar weapons in the books.

I do have to agree with many of the other posters. The black core lightsabers just look silly/out of place.

(P.S. In the clone war episode, does said darksaber every actually "extend"? or is it really just a black sword with a white glow outline?)
It is called a Darksaber.. Keyword Saber. Lightsaber keyword Saber. Dark vs Light. Yes it is a Jedi weapon it is a darksaber.. Did I repeat it enough for you to comprehend.. Thank You and you have yourself a great day.

VigDiath
01.12.2013 , 10:16 AM | #36
We shall dub thee...Darth Necro
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

HumanPirhana
01.13.2013 , 01:57 PM | #37
uh, yes?

Wrong, they exist in this game, therefore they ARE part of the Star Wars universe. (btw, did you really just compare wanting a somewhat differently colored lightsaber than appears in the films to wanting things from totally unrelated IP's? REALLY? Exagerate much? Two can play at that game)

Oh wait, you're one of those this is canon that isn't sort of fan I'll bet (as if that really matter to the guy who was just asking how to get something he wanted and who most likely doesn't give a flying flip about your self apointed title as keeper of the list of who is a true Star Wars fan and who isn't).

Okay, I'll play your game Mr canon. SWTOR isn't canon because SW games aren't canon (as I saw someone in another thread claim yesterday) I guess that means Revan isn't canon because he only exists in Bioware games.

Attention! Attention! Attention! Everyone! Could I have your attention please? It's recently been pointed out that Revan is in fact NOT Star Wars canon, therefore as a public service I'd like to remind all TRUE Star Wars fans to make sure they aren't wearing or owning, or having any of their companions wear, any Revan gear. TRUE Star Wars fans, in order to demonstrate their superior knowledge, loyalty and overall betterness, are encouraged to avoid playing the Order of Revanites storyline on Drumond Kass or running The Foundry flashpoint mission, as these bits of content deal with the unseemly and unworthy non canon Revan character. To be on the safe side, George Lucas himself has recently advised me that serious fans should also avoid obtaining HK-51 as a companion, since he is similarly non canon and also carries the double black mark of having been created by a non canon character. As a final reminder, TRUE Star Wars fans are encouraged to bathe exclusively in Windex glass cleaner not for reasons relating to canon or non canon issues, but because Lucas himself and a number of (I'm told) high ranking Disney executives find it entertaining to think that you do so. Carry on, or should I say Live long and prosper?
Don't make me get all green perpendicular up in this beeotch.
Yeah.
I said it.

Ryat
01.13.2013 , 04:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by HumanPirhana View Post
Carry on, or should I say Live long and prosper?
ROFL, I want my Vulcan Jedi!

SturmUndSterne
01.14.2013 , 10:44 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Sky_walkerPL View Post
Besides that - even ascetic wise they are no more than glowing sticks. It's like running with training saber while everyone around have real lightsabers.
If there was a way to have a moddable training saber on my jugg, you bet your butt I would, and I'd pvp constantly.

For the lulz.

darkmoms
01.15.2013 , 03:55 PM | #40
uh, yes?

What a bunch of bullcrap. Apparently they exist in the game and everybody is able to wear them so choke on it. Besides,what do you think you get for being a bigger star wars fan? What,you're staying true to the colors? Get bent son,your theory is crap and has nothing to do with the game,and yes I do want a rainbow brite unicorn mount and maybe a masterchief outfit,who are you to judge/question me? Eff the eff off you *****