Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

No sound when..

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

billegaard's Avatar


billegaard
01.11.2013 , 09:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
That is strange normally xp3 compat will fix sound issues have you tried uninstalling the sound driver altogether and re-installing. will help you look into it tommorow if i find anything will post up
I'm not sure how that could help, and whenever I try to uninstall the sound drivers to reinstall a new version something gets messed up, looking in the task manager I can see that the installer uses no system resources.

And thank you for trying to help me

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 10:48 PM | #12
Whilst not the exact issue, it may lead to something for you.

Seems the install does get bugged out in win 7 and causes issues.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

billegaard's Avatar


billegaard
01.12.2013 , 08:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Whilst not the exact issue, it may lead to something for you.

Seems the install does get bugged out in win 7 and causes issues.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us
Nothing for me is actually wrong with the sound center interface, everything seems to work just fine. However the installation is quite tricky and seems to only work when it wants to work. But a direct update on top of the old drivers, like the one I've got now, should be good enough right? Do you think I should try to maybe do a fresh driver installation?

This for me is a weird issue, since compatability mode shouldn't cause issues, it should fix them.

*EDIT*
Just saw in the launcher that a two hour maintenance will happen on the 15th, maybe they've fixed the issue for me?

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.12.2013 , 08:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by billegaard View Post
Nothing for me is actually wrong with the sound center interface, everything seems to work just fine. However the installation is quite tricky and seems to only work when it wants to work. But a direct update on top of the old drivers, like the one I've got now, should be good enough right? Do you think I should try to maybe do a fresh driver installation?

This for me is a weird issue, since compatability mode shouldn't cause issues, it should fix them.

*EDIT*
Just saw in the launcher that a two hour maintenance will happen on the 15th, maybe they've fixed the issue for me?
A uninstall can't hurt, similarity I thought of was when you said the sound slider disappeared, and that you say you have issues installing. Least you still have your sense of humor

From the thread,
There is a folder called "win 7" after you unpacked the rar.file.
OPEN this win 7 folder.
Within this folder you will find another "setup" file.
Use this setup file and see if this will do the trick.

It did for me, as i can see now ALL of the menus. GREAT JOY!

Without any Vista drivers or compatibility setting.

Simply by using the setup file in the WIN 7 folder, avoiding the evil first one...

billegaard's Avatar


billegaard
01.12.2013 , 09:05 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
A uninstall can't hurt, similarity I thought of was when you said the sound slider disappeared, and that you say you have issues installing. Least you still have your sense of humor

From the thread,
There is a folder called "win 7" after you unpacked the rar.file.
OPEN this win 7 folder.
Within this folder you will find another "setup" file.
Use this setup file and see if this will do the trick.

It did for me, as i can see now ALL of the menus. GREAT JOY!

Without any Vista drivers or compatibility setting.

Simply by using the setup file in the WIN 7 folder, avoiding the evil first one...
I tried looking within the folder of http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio...r_D1/#download the 2011 version, and I can't seem to find any windows 7 folder. Dreaded luck of mine. If my OS is 64 bit would the windows xp compatability mode be 64 too? Or would it be 32? Maybe I could try with the 32 bit version instead of 64?

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.12.2013 , 09:12 AM | #16
No you will need to use the 64bit version, install the older driver first then the newer one.

For some reason the newer driver is smaller then the older one.

billegaard's Avatar


billegaard
01.12.2013 , 09:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
No you will need to use the 64bit version, install the older driver first then the newer one.

For some reason the newer driver is smaller then the older one.
I've done so, installed first the old drivers, then a few days ago I just installed the newer ones on top of the old ones. I'm hoping that they've fixed this by the 15th, though I know that the chances of that are quite slim.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.12.2013 , 09:46 AM | #18
I think it's more an issue of the sound driver to be truthful, shame someone else with the asus xonar d1 hasn't popped in this thread yet to say if the same occurs with theirs.
Knowing if theirs works or not under the same settings would let you know if you need to look at something else in windows for a fix.

billegaard's Avatar


billegaard
01.12.2013 , 09:56 AM | #19
What you're saying could be true, but I've never really had any issues with Asus hardware/drivers up until now :/

And yes it would most likely help a lot if someone with the same soundcard could confirm if the drivers are the issue or if it's something inside of my computer thats messing with me. Howerver, I think I'll just wait to the 15th and see if it'll have resolved itself with the patch which i truely hope. Often my fps are at 20 around perhaps 3 people fighting, I don't dare go into a warzone.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.12.2013 , 10:03 AM | #20
Did you try the patch they have in the Vista 64 listing ? it is seperate to the drivers, they just say install latest driver then apply the patch, The patch makes a reference to compatability mode, their also is another they produced for red alert 3.