Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

Nydus
01.11.2013 , 04:17 PM | #11
+1. Give the people behind this story a bonus .

IA storyline does the best job of weaving together all the different events of the game and the plots and subplots faced by ALL the classes. Recommend people who don't have an IA to play through one or two other characters before giving this a shot. Will amplify the awesomeness.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Chlomamf
01.11.2013 , 08:00 PM | #12
I absolutely love the IA. I rolled an IA because I wanted to be a spy-like person and serve the Empire. The Sith classes generally serve themselves, and the BH definitely serves himself, plus the fact that one of the IA advanced classes was the Sniper this was definetly the class for me.

And I absolutely love the IA Storyline. Despite everything that happened, I still wanted to serve the Empire, but was light-sided, so at the end I chose the Lightside option, which still lets me serve the Empire but be free aswell.

There, that was mostly spoiler-free.

TalonVII
01.11.2013 , 10:10 PM | #13
I would of been loyal cept for certain things done to the agent that had it been me, i'd of given the galactic F U and gone rogue.

To me after what was done, kill'em all and let the force sort it out after i've gone.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Master-Nala
01.11.2013 , 10:21 PM | #14
I had a hard time with the IA story. I guess if you just accept that you're going to finish the story, you can enjoy it as a movie. But as an interactive narrative it left a whole lot to be desired. I generally fail to see how a rational being playing that class would do anything but escape and defect after Act I, Act II at the latest.

The whole set-up of the IA story gives you more reason than most of the Republic classes for hating the Empire and all it stands for. This is especially true if you play a non-human.

For me, as 'dull' as everyone feels the Republic classes are, they make sense. Jedi seek to combat evil, Smuggler is out to get paid and laid, and the Trooper is a consummate soldier. The Sith classes likewise make a lot of sense to me because they are effectively nobility so, of course, they have no problems with the system.

The Bounty Hunter made sense until the end which for me makes it very, very hard to believe I would still be working for the Empire. Which is why that character is effectively retired.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

SithKoriandr
01.12.2013 , 01:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
The Bounty Hunter made sense until the end which for me makes it very, very hard to believe I would still be working for the Empire. Which is why that character is effectively retired.
Don't make me worry now! I'm currently on Voss with my BH. Love the playstyle of a Arsenal Spec BH! A few forced companions has been suckie though. :/ One I don't mind, just wouldn't have taken the option. The other I hate hate hate. I want to throw him out of the airlock. I feel the need to never raise his affection rating except by accident.

Filo
01.12.2013 , 09:19 AM | #16
Agent is by far the best story this game has to offer.
The ending upset me, though.

Spoiler
Are you the ultimate idiot? Click here to find out!

TalonVII
01.12.2013 , 10:56 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Filo View Post
Agent is by far the best story this game has to offer.
The ending upset me, though.

Spoiler
The simple answer to your spoiler question, it simply wouldn't of made sense with the rest of the story lines.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

chuixupu
01.12.2013 , 12:36 PM | #18
Also, in a way.....

Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

NovaSpartanX
01.12.2013 , 01:12 PM | #19
I watched the ending on youtube and had no clue what happened. So if I played through it now it'd be as if I never saw the ending.

Is it really that good? I completed Chapter 1, but then the very beggining of Chapter 2 seemed a bit boring...is it really awesome after that?

chuixupu
01.12.2013 , 01:16 PM | #20
Chapter 2 is my favorite part of the story. However, like I said, the IA story won't be for everyone - nothing is. I think most people that really like it already like spy stories and conspiracies. I am also somewhat masochistic with my own characters. 1

I can say that if you didn't get very far with chapter two, you don't know how weird it gets.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant