Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zarquon
01.11.2013 , 05:36 PM | #651
1.Name of server: Red Eclipse
2.Name of character(s) affected: All - Okarr/Ash'alah
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often: Every time I talk to "First Officer Haken" in the final conversation of the Flashpoint: The Esseles
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc: See above Point
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags•For Windows 7 / Vista:
Spoiler

7.Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select: Yes this is a complete crash to the desktop and not a disconnect.

DarkkChaos
01.11.2013 , 05:43 PM | #652
Another patch....and STILL, we are CTD!

Fix the bloom'n memory leak! BW - you've know EXACTLY what the issue is, and you have for going on 4 MONTHS!

Patch on January 15, 2013....I'd bet my sub fee - the memory leak won't be fixed with this patch EITHER.
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

SirMalcom
01.11.2013 , 05:46 PM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMalcom View Post
it's 64
I spoke too soon..... played for a couple of days, now I'm back to logging on and getting a blank red screen...... looks like I'm joining to ranks of X players.......

Torvik
01.11.2013 , 06:05 PM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post
Another patch....and STILL, we are CTD!

Fix the bloom'n memory leak! BW - you've know EXACTLY what the issue is, and you have for going on 4 MONTHS!

Patch on January 15, 2013....I'd bet my sub fee - the memory leak won't be fixed with this patch EITHER.
I think thats a safe bet. I don't know why they call it "maintanence". They don't seem to maintain or fix anything. They just keep adding recolored stuff the the Cartel market. They should just call it their weekly "restocking", because that's all they seem to do.

OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 07:05 PM | #655
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMalcom View Post
I spoke too soon..... played for a couple of days, now I'm back to logging on and getting a blank red screen...... looks like I'm joining to ranks of X players.......
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the game, google "blank red screen windows 7"

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/37...3-screen-death

I am not defending bioware, most issues I see though with the client are resolved by something else.

DarkkChaos
01.11.2013 , 07:54 PM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
I think thats a safe bet. I don't know why they call it "maintanence". They don't seem to maintain or fix anything. They just keep adding recolored stuff the the Cartel market. They should just call it their weekly "restocking", because that's all they seem to do.
Agreed - I don't recall seeing any sort of "maintenance" being done since the 1.4 release (when the CTD began - in abundance) to correct the CTD errors.

We have seen new items, new content and of course, new bugs.....BUT, we have also seen some repairs done.

Clearly, the CTD bug isn't a high priority.....changing the color on items, and re-releasing them seems to be though? Shouldn't a bug....that disables your players ability to simply RUN the game - not make sense to prioritize?

We know from posts...that Bioware IS aware of this bug/glitch...whatever you wanna call it. This need a fix....because quite honestly, if there is NEVER going to be one - please, have the sense to tell us that...so we (or I in this case) can take my gaming money elsewhere.
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Nickrandall
01.11.2013 , 08:57 PM | #657
Name of server. The shadowland
Name of character(s) affected. All
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Every 60-90 minutes

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.anywhere

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags
For Windows XP:
Spoiler

For Windows XP:
Spoiler

Ezioassasin
01.11.2013 , 09:53 PM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I would also point out your graphics card does not meet min spec for the game ie minimum 256mb dedicated memory yours is showing 64mb. not sure if you can adjust the dedicated memory in the bios or not as a thought.

Edit - Ahh just saw your nvidia gtx card this wont list in the diag so if your certain it is using this card disregard my point about your intel card
My card does meet the minimum specs, it even meets the recommended specs. I made sure when I bought this computer that it could run the game. The problem is with the game, not my computer.
Requiescat in Pace

OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 10:14 PM | #659
That was why i said disregard, the intel one does not meet min spec, the nvidia card does.
If you know the game is using the nvidia one then all is good. (selecteable for each game)

Did you read the thread i posted in your post, intention was that you could use the workaround and not crash.

jamietheone
01.12.2013 , 12:49 AM | #660
hi my pc is -i7 prosseser 16 gig ram getforce 580 graphic card with a 2t hard drive running windows 7 ultamate, so no problem with my pc, game logs out but everything but the character portrate stays, can't see or log onto another character unles i close the game through windows, cant even exit.