Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

false emperor got easier

wadecounty
01.11.2013 , 12:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
I tanked HM this week and to my suprise we downed him right before we needed to move him. That has never happened before, and yes we were a bit over geared- Campaign/Hazmaat. Did they change the fight?
No, the way the fight works, he will call someone out to duel every so often. During the time before the duel but after you've been warned the duel is coming, and during the duel itself, he can be killed by being brought to 0 HP. During the time just after a duel, but before he has called someone else out for a duel, if he's brought to 10% HP or lower he will become invincible and have to be knocked off.

Easy trick to ensure you kill him without having to knock him off, bring him to 11% HP and stop DPS until he calls someone out for a duel, then burn him.

Monoth
01.11.2013 , 12:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
I tanked HM this week and to my suprise we downed him right before we needed to move him. That has never happened before, and yes we were a bit over geared- Campaign/Hazmaat. Did they change the fight?
Given these flashpoints are designed for people in Tionese/Columni gear it doesn't surprise me people are blowing through them wearing Black Hole / Dread Guard Gear
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

uniz
01.11.2013 , 05:41 PM | #13
first time our guild group killed him with out pushing him off was late last summer.

bh gear has made the end game much simpler for many.

FlyinSpaghetti
01.11.2013 , 10:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
first time our guild group killed him with out pushing him off was late last summer.

bh gear has made the end game much simpler for many.
I downed him on my sent in a PuG before the push off stage months ago, I don't think they've changed anything just most are now going above the DPS threshold for that fight.

They should add some bonus loot to his body if you can DPS him before he becomes invulnerable, like a new pet or something.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

uniz
01.13.2013 , 11:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
I downed him on my sent in a PuG before the push off stage months ago, I don't think they've changed anything just most are now going above the DPS threshold for that fight.

They should add some bonus loot to his body if you can DPS him before he becomes invulnerable, like a new pet or something.
pet or mount would be nice.

no they haven't changed anything in that fight that i know of. that one they did change the quest update mechanic where now if you died before he was pushed off you could still come in and loot before getting locked out. before you were out of luck if you couldn't be rezed which happened if knocked off.