Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ekimmak
01.11.2013 , 01:55 AM | #711
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
nope. casting has auto-facing already, and rotating your camera is literally the easiest thing to do in the game.

asking to be able to attack w/out LoS at all? ie through a wall? LOL
There's already an ability that does that, on engineering/sabotage.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Pefny
01.11.2013 , 03:18 AM | #712
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
I think an interesting way to help fix the merc/commando issue would be to change around the eliminator pvp set bonus, and make them worth something. This why there would be no effect on PVE play due to ability changes, and the set bonus could be used to address the PVP problems.

Have the 2 piece add an effective root to a ranged attack. Then have the 4 piece lower the cooldown of the shield to 60 seconds and make it so you are immune to all controlling effects when in use.
Nice idea but when pyro PT/assault VG gonna get this - almost all time on shield: CD - 60 s +Energy Rebounder/Reflexive Shield. He already has 2 instant stuns, slow and Grapple/Harpoon. With root ability there will be no escape.
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

ArchangelLBC
01.11.2013 , 03:24 AM | #713
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
They could easily add to the 2 piece set bonus that Jet Boost when activated removes all movement impairing effects. In fact I think there's a decent chance that will happen...
Source?

I mean you're right they could. Why do you think they will? Just curious.

I'd much prefer a root attached to the knockback than have it cleanse movement impairing effects, but that's me.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

DariusCalera
01.11.2013 , 08:04 AM | #714
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Source?

I mean you're right they could. Why do you think they will? Just curious.

I'd much prefer a root attached to the knockback than have it cleanse movement impairing effects, but that's me.
I could possibly see them adding in new set bonuses when the expansion comes out.

However, how many merc/commando players are going to hang around for that if in the up coming patches our issues, and other pvp issues in general, are not addressed by the devs?

Bump for Justice!

yoomazir
01.11.2013 , 11:55 AM | #715
All we can hope for, now, is that the new skills from the Hutt dlc thingie won't suck for us...

cashogy
01.11.2013 , 01:27 PM | #716
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
There's already an ability that does that, on engineering/sabotage.
that is different from firing a missile that tracks around walls.

the sniper engi tree has EMP discharge, which detonates something that was already applied to the target

ArchangelLBC
01.11.2013 , 04:51 PM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
All we can hope for, now, is that the new skills from the Hutt dlc thingie won't suck for us...
Based on Tech Override, a lack of combat rez at launch and a lack of an interrupt for over half a year, I wouldn't hold my breath for that. It's going to suck. Everyone else will get something amazing though.

-Wnd

T-Assassin
01.11.2013 , 05:04 PM | #718
Based on Tech Override, a lack of combat rez at launch and a lack of an interrupt for over half a year, I wouldn't hold my breath for that. It's going to suck. Everyone else will get something amazing though.
friendly wager?

i'm going with they will attempt to placate to the long time suffering of the Mercenary class by giving them something quite overpowered.

only to be blown up in the forums and nerfed in an emergency patch.

as far as the wager...could be gentlemen's bet...something of value (don't think u are on the Garbinger...get it..garbage, oh, HO...whew!)

or something humiliating...like q'ing for RWZ's and SS'ing 10 matches to post here.

are you up for it? :P
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

ArchangelLBC
01.11.2013 , 05:11 PM | #719
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post

friendly wager?

i'm going with they will attempt to placate to the long time suffering of the Mercenary class by giving them something quite overpowered.

only to be blown up in the forums and nerfed in an emergency patch.

as far as the wager...could be gentlemen's bet...something of value (don't think u are on the Garbinger...get it..garbage, oh, HO...whew!)

or something humiliating...like q'ing for RWZ's and SS'ing 10 matches to post here.

are you up for it? :P
Gentleman's Wager? I bet you 1 credit sir it either sucks out loud or gets nerfed within 1 patch.

Though your scenario doesn't seem unlikely, we'll see if they can stick to their guns if it happens.

-Wnd

T-Assassin
01.11.2013 , 05:51 PM | #720
Gentleman's Wager? I bet you 1 credit sir it either sucks out loud or gets nerfed within 1 patch.

Though your scenario doesn't seem unlikely, we'll see if they can stick to their guns if it happens.
i expect my pay in a timely manner...

or i will put a bounty on you, in to which my BH will take, then come tickle with rapid shots until you pay up!
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -