Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-IceHawk-'s Avatar


-IceHawk-
01.11.2013 , 11:37 AM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Then you don't want SGRA's to ever be added then if you want them to constantly take the backseat to that. Do I want more Chapters to be added, sure but not at the expense of other features. And since no MMO ever has everything 100% fixed, SGRA's and everything else will end up never getting added.

Why force things to take a backseat when they very well can be created AND added along side each other?
In short this is your fear, not my argument.
Like Mini-Games and an expansion of Space, SGRA are the concern of a portion of the population.
If you do not get them because primary game content such as PVP and the Bioware 4th Pillar of class story need attention, oh well.

I often see the argument in this thread that anti-SGRA posters simply need to "deal with it or leave," because the content is coming.

Well, the pro-SGRA people will need to do much the same if all they ever get is a token Flirt Option.

As much as threads like this may serve as force multipliers for opinion the reality is that Romance Options are only a make-or-break concern for a minority of the subscription base.

We lost a million subscriptions due to a Endgame Content that was not engaging enough, PVP imbalance, and persistent bugs, not because my FemSW cannot romance Vette.

I would prefer that additional special-interest group items only show up after Bioware has addressed the principle issues of the game.

Romance options are your priority.
Recognize however that to the vast majority of the player base it exists only as a corollary to one third (leveling) of a tripartite focus for this game (Endgame PVE, Endgame PVP, Story Arcs).

If we never get to SGRA, SSSP, and Pazaack but in exchange Lag drops, the ability delay disappears, Frame-Rates improve, and I can enter a Warzone without having to run a Bubble-Spec or get Smashed for 7K in my full WH gear I will be fine with that.

So would, I would venture a guess, the vast majority of this community.

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.11.2013 , 11:41 AM | #412
SGRA Flirts are NOT, I repeat, ARE NOT the only thing we will be getting. They are JUST the BEGINNING.

-IceHawk-'s Avatar


-IceHawk-
01.11.2013 , 11:47 AM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
SGRA Flirts are NOT, I repeat, ARE NOT the only thing we will be getting. They are JUST the BEGINNING.
I also hear that Makeb is going to be the largest non-expansion content patch in MMO history...

Revanchis's Avatar


Revanchis
01.11.2013 , 11:53 AM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
That goes both ways, because gun control is a politically charged issue, so should BioWare not add firearms to the game? Oh and there are 2 Gay Mandalorians in the Lore and they were NOT added by BioWare. Also, SGRA's are Story Content, and them adding SGRA's weren't the sole reason for them not including Chapter 4's to the RotHC Expansion. Plus, SGRA's doesn't mean that they won't add Chapter 4+ to the Classes.
Those are only really issues in America.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 11:57 AM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
It is about agenda's, and it's being pushed into everything possible. My problem is when it's pushed at Kid themed media. Put a adult rating in and I'm fine.

lol homophobe, you guys need new material. I have gay friends and they can handle conversations without trying that one.
Equality is just such a terrible agenda...

Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Personally, I would prefer it if Bioware stopped introducing politically charged issues into the canon and actually dedicated its Story Content Funding into the extension of individual class stories.
It's only politically-charged because you make it so by making it political.

Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
People seem to fail to understand one basic thing about development.

Money is a Finite Resource.

It does not matter if there are different teams in charge of divergent facets of development.

Any $ allocated to one department for a specific project is $ not allocated to another.

The argument that SGRA does not detract from other development cycles is fundamentally wrong.

We can debate as to the significance of that allocation and what specifically it detracts from, but you people hiding behind this particular strawman need to give it up.
And how convenient that all the things YOU like are what should be at the top of the priority queue...

Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Quite frankly, politics should be jettisoned from Star Wars unless we are talking about the balance of power between Borsk and Ackbar or the legitimacy of Thrawn's Shogunate...
Then stop making it political by trying to deny that gay people exist. YOU are politicizing it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kahotep View Post
I'm beginning to suspect the real motive of the people speaking in this thread against SGR - no not that one.

I suspect they are the kind of people who are not happy with dev time being spent on a feature they have no interest in and are using the old, Argumentum ad populum device to try to delay it.
You're more generous than me. I think it's plain old homophobia hiding behind the money argument.

-IceHawk-'s Avatar


-IceHawk-
01.11.2013 , 12:06 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Equality is just such a terrible agenda...
Oh well, if this whole is issue is about Civil Rights and Equality that changes everything.

Makeb is not a digital Stonewall people...

Good grief.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 12:08 PM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Oh well, if this whole is issue is about Civil Rights and Equality that changes everything.

Makeb is not a digital Stonewall people...

Good grief.
Says who? Why is that you repeatedly think you get to speak for everyone?

-IceHawk-'s Avatar


-IceHawk-
01.11.2013 , 12:16 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie
It's only politically-charged because you make it so by making it political.
Lovely tautology; I most enjoy the part where it included a reasoned, coherent, and logically consistent argument.

Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie
And how convenient that all the things YOU like are what should be at the top of the priority queue...
I know. I am a terrible person wishing that Bioware would address issues like Endgame Content, Bugs, Optimization Concerns, et al.

I can truly think of no-other posters on these forums who think these are important issues that need to be addressed. That PVP-Forum for instance is filled with satisfied individuals falling over themselves in appreciation of the balance achieved in modern-Warzones....

Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie
Then stop making it political by trying to deny that gay people exist. YOU are politicizing it.
Yeah. That post in which I denied the existence of gay people and demanded they have never existed and should never be included in Star Wars Canon was uncalled for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie
Says who? Why is that you repeatedly think you get to speak for everyone?
My apologies.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is obviously a battleground for Civil Rights on par with Stonewall!

I mean, the moderators and the Forum TOS make that abundantly clear.

I think I covered everything.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.11.2013 , 12:18 PM | #419
Take it to PMs you two.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
01.11.2013 , 12:18 PM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Actually you are, you are advocating for something to not get added. That, is an agenda, that you are pushing.
Split hairs as you like but I would not need to "push" If I was not being "pushed" in the first place. I'm merely defending a position.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane