Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Damage meter

JoshuaOne
01.11.2013 , 10:19 AM | #1
Hi all, I am a huge fan of the NO ADDONS ALLOWED but I would like to see a dmg meter of sorts in the ui. nothing like recount in wow just a PERSONAL dmg meter so I can see how I am doing. What do yall think?

Galbatorrix
01.11.2013 , 10:22 AM | #2
I think it would be awesome, personally. And then have the option to link it to chat, so guilds can use it as well.

veyl
01.11.2013 , 10:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JoshuaOne View Post
Hi all, I am a huge fan of the NO ADDONS ALLOWED but I would like to see a dmg meter of sorts in the ui. nothing like recount in wow just a PERSONAL dmg meter so I can see how I am doing. What do yall think?
I think you don't know about Mox or askmrrobot.

HoloTweed
01.11.2013 , 10:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JoshuaOne View Post
As long as it's personal only and can NEVER be accessed by another player, I'm all for this.

Zannderr
01.11.2013 , 10:41 AM | #5
I am a huge fan of no addons also. A damage meter is one I keep going back and forth on. On one hand it is so nice not worring about trying to be an elitist and people trying to spec into one spec cause it pulls .0003% more damage. I like playing what I have fun playing with and not being forced into a certain spec. But on the other hand I would like to know what I am doing and if you can't really tell the differences how can you get any better. This is a hard one for me.
"Fear. Fear attracts the Fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

Galbatorrix
01.11.2013 , 10:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
I think you don't know about Mox or askmrrobot.
Crappy work arounds don't count. I want to see the damage as I'm doing it and I don't want to use a third part overlay in windowed mode to do it. I wish Bioware would add their own recount type interface that is only accessible to the player. Adding the option to link the numbers to chat would be helpful for guilds as well.

Cretinus
01.11.2013 , 10:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
As long as it's personal only and can NEVER be accessed by another player, I'm all for this.
If it's personal only, I wouldn't mind. But then it would also be pointless, cause the purpose of this kind of gadgets is to be able to tell how one's doing in comparison to others and that wouldn't be possible. What's the point of knowing that the DPS that I'm doing is 100 or 267 or 5k if I don't know how much the other party members are doing?
My class is not overpowered!
It's just that it's played by great players, while people on other classes are all bads.

Verko
01.11.2013 , 11:39 AM | #8
I would love a simple meter for personal use, would help tweak specs and actually improve

bsmolke
01.11.2013 , 11:39 AM | #9
Step 1) Save Money
Step 2) Buy Razer Deathstalker Pro
Step 3) Use preloaded SWTOR Damage, Healing, and Threat meters that show you your stats.
Xeminor: Vanguard Arthuras: Gunslinger
Humanuka: Jugg Cantte: Operative

Lostpenguins
01.11.2013 , 11:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Crappy work arounds don't count. I want to see the damage as I'm doing it and I don't want to use a third part overlay in windowed mode to do it. I wish Bioware would add their own recount type interface that is only accessible to the player. Adding the option to link the numbers to chat would be helpful for guilds as well.
I've played WoW, Rift, and ToR. All damage meters came from 3rd party programs and they're all just fine.