Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight - Insufficient Focus. Bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Jedi Knight - Insufficient Focus. Bug?

kleingeldprinz
12.19.2011 , 05:08 AM | #1
Iīm playing a Jedi Knight (atm Level 6) and am still on Tython. Last friday as I played at one point my character couldnīt attack anymore with the game telling me "insufficient focus". i thought it was a temporary bug but as I tried to play this morning the problem was still there.

does anbody else have this problem and maybe knows what to do ?
thx.

Tyrogenic
12.19.2011 , 05:14 AM | #2
You have to use attacks that build up your focus (i.e. Strike, Force Leap) before you use stronger attacks that use the built up focus (i.e. Slash).
"We all take risks."
―Kit Fisto

Cotay
12.20.2011 , 12:24 AM | #3
I have the same problem. I cannot use the right mouse button to wield the lightsabers anymore. It says "not ready" and "insufficient focus". Basically I can't defend myself or move my arms at all during a fight. It happened as a Level 6 Jedi on Tython (character deleted since I thought it was a bug) and now as a Level 12 Jedi on Coruscant.

Any suggestions on what we are doing wrong or where/how to fix this?

StreetDreamer
12.20.2011 , 11:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotay View Post
I have the same problem. I cannot use the right mouse button to wield the lightsabers anymore. It says "not ready" and "insufficient focus". Basically I can't defend myself or move my arms at all during a fight. It happened as a Level 6 Jedi on Tython (character deleted since I thought it was a bug) and now as a Level 12 Jedi on Coruscant.

I'm having the same problem. I cannot attack whatsoever.

Cotay
12.20.2011 , 02:43 PM | #5
This is kind of ridiculous really...I don't want to keep starting my characters over and over. I may just give up playing for awhile until the bugs are worked out. I don't want to waste hours and sleep like I have been the past few days only to delete a character because it cannot fight.

If this is something I'm doing wrong then I'm open to correction on that front. If it's a bug, then the game is unstable and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I've all but given up until there is some resolution to this.

drakeborn
12.20.2011 , 03:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotay View Post

The right mouse button? Huh? Could you explain exactly how you're trying to attack a mob?

MarnKets
12.20.2011 , 03:22 PM | #7
Try reloading the UI with CTRL+U x2, works for me.

Cotay
12.20.2011 , 04:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MarnKets View Post
Try reloading the UI with CTRL+U x2, works for me.
Once I've targeted the enemy, right clicking the mouse swings the lightsabers .

I additionally use the 0-9, etc on the keyboard to use force attacks.

How do you go about swinging the lightsaber at your target?

renegadeimp
12.20.2011 , 04:14 PM | #9
Bind your default attack to button 1, or a mouse button and see if you can attack that way and build up focus.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Caern
12.20.2011 , 04:16 PM | #10
Right clicking does not 'swing your lightsabers'. It uses whatever ability you have in slot 1. If you put something that requires Force in slot 1, guess what? You can't attack.

You can either attack by pressing hotkeys, or put a force-generating ability back into slot 1.