Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do we fix PvP here?

Dabrixmgp
01.11.2013 , 12:57 AM | #1
I refuse to reroll but how the hell are Imps supposed to win. Im sick of the following:

Half the team leaving 30 seconds into the WZ
0-100 Coasts
Actually getting shut out in Hypergate
0-6 Huttballs
Pubs only blasting first droors in Voidstar and then refusing to access bridge just so they can camp us for the rest of their timer and then all of our timer

What can Bioware do to actually make PvP here balanced and not just lopsided farmfests. Been doing 15-20 WZs a day all week and still only have 3 wins. How can we force Imps to play better so we actually win?

Carter_Mathis
01.11.2013 , 01:44 AM | #2
Since Bioware can't actively force players to roll imp, and they can't just give the imp faction an buff, i would have to suggest grouping up and attempting to increase organization. The bads on pub side are just as bad as the bads on imp side. Today, I saw a sentinel that took 190k damage and did 19k damage as well as a shadow that simply walked behind a vanguard, said, "Hey, don't notice me" and proceeded to cap while the confused vanguard ran around.
Though there is a thread talking about imps on this forums, I find that it mainly boils down to pubs having more, quality premades than imps, and the queue system benefits groups of 4. So make some friends, hop in some voice comms and roll some pub!
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Ravashakk
01.11.2013 , 01:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
Pubs only blasting first droors in Voidstar and then refusing to access bridge just so they can camp us for the rest of their timer and then all of our timer
Hmmmmm.....
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

Carter_Mathis
01.11.2013 , 01:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Hmmmmm.....
Yeah, i feel like that would eventually lead to all the imps being on one side of he bridge, and all of the pubs on the other, but hey that's only logic....
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Rynis
01.11.2013 , 02:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I find that it mainly boils down to pubs having more, quality premades than imps, and the queue system benefits groups of 4. So make some friends, hop in some voice comms and roll some pub!
I would have to agree with Mr. Vasyel here.

I thought Imps pvped like the scum of the earth, but what it came down to was that I was primarily solo q'ing. Been using "Imppvp" chat to form/join premades which has increased my winning by quite a bit. Even if we don't get into voice chat together, I can count on at least half my team being competent

"simply walked behind a vanguard, said, "Hey, don't notice me" and proceeded to cap while the confused vanguard ran around."

Silly vanguards...

Edit: Add me as a friend and shoot me a whisper if you want to pvp. I'm always up for a few matches so let me know. I am working this week though, but I will be on next week for the most part.

Dabrixmgp
01.11.2013 , 02:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Yeah, i feel like that would eventually lead to all the imps being on one side of he bridge, and all of the pubs on the other, but hey that's only logic....
Sorry I had it backwards they let us go right through the first doors without even attacking us and then camped us. They have figured out so many different ways to keep us rez camped I get them all confused sometimes.

nidalad
01.11.2013 , 06:49 AM | #7
If I'm doing regs chances are I'm solo queued and I do this everyday. I can tell you that Imps are no worst then pubs, I rarely see imps loose when its pug v pug. The issues is as others have said the republic run allot of premades and they are also on vent, mumble, ts whatever. Personally I prefer to solo for regs, I don't want to steam roll the other team and more often than not just want to run regs to screw around and relax.
Moonrunner

leijae
01.11.2013 , 08:37 AM | #8
well i rerolled an agent healer hes almost 50 now to help you guys out. or you can wait for server xfers
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

TDRedmage
01.11.2013 , 09:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
What can Bioware do to actually make PvP here balanced and not just lopsided farmfests. Been doing 15-20 WZs a day all week and still only have 3 wins. How can we force Imps to play better so we actually win?
Bioware shouldn't do anything. It's up to the player to get better.

Two things I notice:

1) Pubs form premades about 100x as often as imps. Something about socializing and getting organized in pvp that you imps just don't like - and you pay the price for it.

2) I'm sorry to say this because it's incredibly insulting, but it's also true - overall lack of skill/knowledge of the game. Don't get me wrong there are some good players on imp side, and bad players on pub side. But there's a noticeable lack of good dps, competent healers, and overall min/maxing of pvp stats. PVP STATS - Expertise is the most important stat for pvp, you need to get it as high as you can and THEN worry about your other stats. Seek knowledge about your class. Shin'arika has the most amazing shadow/sin videos out there, and there are plenty of guides to help you.

All in all its a lack of organization, and a lack of seriousness about PvP.
Desahn - 55 Sniper
Kamaul - 55 Operative

Watchmen Forums

Partygurl
01.11.2013 , 10:00 AM | #10
Hey I know how that is.. I am pvping on imp side too to help out with my premade. I like both factions. We did a pugged rank last night and went well info primarily play on the pub side because of Vasyel but mainly I got sick of healing baddies on imp side that don't support the healer. Pubs are better at supporting their healer. But anyways I will be on Barbiegirl or Sexygirl to help out
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH