Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight or Smuggler?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight or Smuggler?

Prince_of_Rome
01.10.2013 , 09:14 PM | #1
I just got done with my trooper and is now level 50. I'm trying to get into ops and such with guild, blah blah blah, but the point is, what should my alt class be? Jedi Guardian or Gunslinger? I just can't choose! They both seem like very good classes. Opinions?

-P.O.R.
Yousucknoobs(Jug) Ferocius(Sorc)
Can'dar(Merc) Fero'Kius(Sniper)

Harbinger Server

jaguarclaw
01.10.2013 , 10:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Prince_of_Rome View Post
I just got done with my trooper and is now level 50. I'm trying to get into ops and such with guild, blah blah blah, but the point is, what should my alt class be? Jedi Guardian or Gunslinger? I just can't choose! They both seem like very good classes. Opinions?

-P.O.R.
Well, IMO, if you just got done with trooper, I would think you're about done with playing by rules and following orders in your class story. I would pick Smug, but don't abandon JK either.

_biddan_
01.11.2013 , 09:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jaguarclaw View Post
Well, IMO, if you just got done with trooper, I would think you're about done with playing by rules and following orders in your class story. I would pick Smug, but don't abandon JK either.
but after playing a trooper he may want to try some melee.
my suggestions is go gunslinger,but if you want to dps and use a knight pick a sentinel,not a guardian.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Talon_Starfire
01.15.2013 , 01:18 PM | #4
Be a Gunslinger and run Death Sticks.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

ZakMorgan
01.15.2013 , 05:01 PM | #5
Play the Smuggler - you're not some Republic slave like the trooper or the quintessential do-gooder like the JK. The story is more fun and quirky and the class has the best dialogue in the entire game. JK probably has a more epic 'KOTOR 3' feel to it though, but I think its a little cliched.

Ideally id recommend you eventually play both, but for now Id pick the Smuggler.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

RendValor
01.15.2013 , 08:00 PM | #6
Pick the one you like best
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five