Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArchangelLBC
01.10.2013 , 12:37 PM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yeah, that statement rubbed me wrong as well. We most certainly need some sort of area root ability (besides dropping mines like Hansel and Gretel dropped bread crumbs) to allow some escape from multiple melee. Honestly, it seems obvious to me that it SHOULD have had a root from the start...otherwise it serves so little purpose.

It bothers me that we're one of (or the?) the only classes that has no Resolve bypassing root ability of any sort.

Sorry boss Won't happen again!
It better not!

Also Knights/Warriors root on leap of course. Combat sents can root even longer. Balance Shadows/Sages can root, Gunslingers can root. Most shadows can't (they don't spec 31 Balance), and Vanguards can't I believe.

Still the lack of such things on a ranged class, in a game where melee have so many anti-kiting tools, is just ridiculous. There are days when I'm pretty sure this class was only half finished at launch, and they still haven't fixed everything.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Pefny
01.10.2013 , 01:27 PM | #702
Today i get new, crazy idea :

Guieded missiles - The ability to shoot missiles at all angles to enemies - for ex. when run away with enemy on the back. To activate ability u need one stack of heat siganture - missiles will be, from this moment hitting enemy regardless of your angle to him. Also can works from the wall - u don't have to see him to hit him. Can work well with tracer - u hit badguy once, run away behind corner and start to cast - your missiles will still reach the target. Also can work with heatseeker - for escapes specially - just run, and launch.
Also thinking about convering it to Commando - maybe some laser desingator...

This idea is for fun and entertainment purposes, pls no hatin - just something more creative than normal bump.

cheers.
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

cashogy
01.10.2013 , 02:32 PM | #703
Quote: Originally Posted by Pefny View Post

Guieded missiles - The ability to shoot missiles at all angles to enemies - for ex. when run away with enemy on the back. To activate ability u need one stack of heat siganture - missiles will be, from this moment hitting enemy regardless of your angle to him. Also can works from the wall - u don't have to see him to hit him. Can work well with tracer - u hit badguy once, run away behind corner and start to cast - your missiles will still reach the target. Also can work with heatseeker - for escapes specially - just run, and launch.

This idea is for fun and entertainment purposes, pls no hatin - just something more creative than normal bump.

cheers.
nope. casting has auto-facing already, and rotating your camera is literally the easiest thing to do in the game.

asking to be able to attack w/out LoS at all? ie through a wall? LOL

Pefny
01.10.2013 , 03:40 PM | #704
Ohh u don't get the idea. Let me try to explain. When I was talking about agnles I was thinknig about instan abilities - heatseeker, exp dart etc - dont have to strafe.
2nd thing -> link it's not like casting through walls but cast whitout line of sight. The idea comes to me when I was playing BF BC 2. It's something like on this trailer -> link
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

Aaoogaa
01.10.2013 , 04:49 PM | #705
No changes. No communication. No sub as of tomorrow. I hope you can win me back as a paying customer BW as I liked the game at one time.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

ArchangelLBC
01.10.2013 , 05:19 PM | #706
Quote: Originally Posted by Pefny View Post

cheers.
From an entertainment purpose I like the idea! Still requires a grav round cast though. If anything else depends on that ability the universe will probably implode.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

DarthBloodloss
01.10.2013 , 07:25 PM | #707
Daily random suggestions:

--AoE, Point Blank, Non-GDC, Stealth Scan out to 15m with a snare (snare only hits people who are stealthed)

--Change Stealth Scan to not go by the global cooldown. And to also snare any stealthers who are caught, and also lower their "Defense" stat by the amount of 5% via a Blinding effect. (Not lowing it by 5% of the total, but go from 10% defense to 5% defense etc)

And my new favorite....

--Thermal Detonator causes a 1 second stun when it explodes. (Or even a .1 second stun, simply to interrupt channels) Imagine an enemy running after you with a thermal stuck to their chest. When it finally explodes, they stumble for a second due to the shockwave.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Flying-Brian
01.10.2013 , 09:05 PM | #708
I think an interesting way to help fix the merc/commando issue would be to change around the eliminator pvp set bonus, and make them worth something. This why there would be no effect on PVE play due to ability changes, and the set bonus could be used to address the PVP problems.

Have the 2 piece add an effective root to a ranged attack. Then have the 4 piece lower the cooldown of the shield to 60 seconds and make it so you are immune to all controlling effects when in use.

cashogy
01.10.2013 , 09:42 PM | #709
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
I think an interesting way to help fix the merc/commando issue would be to change around the eliminator pvp set bonus, and make them worth something. This why there would be no effect on PVE play due to ability changes, and the set bonus could be used to address the PVP problems.

Have the 2 piece add an effective root to a ranged attack. Then have the 4 piece lower the cooldown of the shield to 60 seconds and make it so you are immune to all controlling effects when in use.
do not touch my set bonus plox

Macroeconomics
01.11.2013 , 12:46 AM | #710
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
do not touch my set bonus plox
They could easily add to the 2 piece set bonus that Jet Boost when activated removes all movement impairing effects. In fact I think there's a decent chance that will happen...