Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment question

Vormicia
01.10.2013 , 06:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobiefatt View Post
Willpower.
If you stack power Augments you will have to make it up somewhere to not end up around 23% crit.
If u use willpower augments then u can go almost full on power mods.

Stacking power augments is just stupid, i dare the guy who says power aug's are the way to go to post his stats.
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...e-2a96d662ba8f

so to be fair here is one if i change to all wp augments

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-1e002aabd795

there is my extra 1% crit but hmm lower bonus damage and lower healing bonus but yet im wrong

Bobiefatt
01.10.2013 , 06:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vormicia View Post
Lol your full 63 and your stats are worse then mine.
In my DPS gear (which is not my main spec) im full 61 with a few 63 armor's and offc the hilt.

My stats with stim and buffs

1100 bonus dmg
2368 willpower
35.9% crit
79% surge

explain me why my stas are better with worse (50/50 61-63) gear?
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

Vormicia
01.10.2013 , 06:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobiefatt View Post
Lol your full 63 and your stats are worse then mine.
In my DPS gear (which is not my main spec) im full 61 with a few 63 armor's and offc the hilt.

My stats with stim and buffs

1100 bonus dmg
2368 willpower
35.9% crit
79% surge

explain me why my stas are better with worse (50/50 61-63) gear?
maybe cause your full of ****?

orryko
01.10.2013 , 06:42 PM | #14
do you understand what dps means?

if you have higher crit, then over time, you will do more damage than if you didn't crit.. someone made a really good post somewhere showing all the math...google is your friend

yes it is a very slight dps increase...like 5 or so...but still, if you min/max, then technically you will want wp augments

Bobiefatt
01.10.2013 , 06:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vormicia View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...e-2a96d662ba8f

so to be fair here is one if i change to all wp augments

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-1e002aabd795

there is my extra 1% crit but hmm lower bonus damage and lower healing bonus but yet im wrong
Yes? on the second link, change the 1 item with crit mods you have for power and you will have about the perfect crit (around 34,5%) and more bonus dmg then u have now.
Also your surge wil be higher.

So in the end, willpower aug's are better. I even have my matrix shard still equiped and the war hero relic with 113 bous dmg.
Overall my gear is less, but my stats are better.
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

SoonerJBD
01.10.2013 , 07:27 PM | #16
Vormica is a bad who does not understand how stats work in this game. Power gives better bonus damage than willpower point-for-point. However, willpower also gives you increased critical chance. The diminishing returns curve for the crit chance you get from willpower isn't anywhere near as steep as the DR curve for crit rating. Increased critical chance = increased DPS.

What this means is that while power gives you better bonus damage point-for-point, willpower gives you better DPS and better HPS. The theorycrafters who have done the real heavy lifting have determined willpower is the better choice at least until you stack 9,000 willpower, which is obviously well past current gear levels.

One final point... the difference in DPS between willpower and power augments is quite low. If I remember the sim results I saw, I think you get like 15 extra DPS from willpower augments over power at BiS gearing levels.

If you want more information on this, check the threads at MMO Mechanics.

verfallen
01.10.2013 , 07:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
except you get an 11% bonus to willpower when buffed and spec'd right, not to mention the over 1% crit you gain from augmenting wp

tard
That.

252*111% = rougly 280 (279,8)

280*0,20=56

Soool 1 bonus damage or 1% crit?

Even for class without that mainstat bonus, that extra crit is interesting since its on a different DR than your crit rating. The power sacrifice is just a no-brainer when its not even 1-2 damage per hit.

fungihoujo
01.10.2013 , 08:55 PM | #18
Nevermind that more crit also means more talent procs on things like- parasitism, lightning effusion, lightning barrage and force surge.

And crit damage is further increased by- Creeping Death, reverberating force.

So- crits are good kids.

wwkingms
01.18.2013 , 05:47 AM | #19
buy whats cheaper

bye
NIHIL

THE BASTION

fungihoujo
01.18.2013 , 06:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
buy whats cheaper

bye