Augment question

Alithia

• 3 weeks later...
Always use Willpower augments, never anything else. That's just the way it is.

And listening to people like this will always make you fail

Power Augments are better for Sorcs and unlike these tards ill show you why

Bonus Damage

1 point of power = .23 bonus damage

1 point of willpower = .20 bonus damage

252 (14 power aug's) power x .23 = 57.96 bonus damage

267 (14 resolve w/ 6% bonus) willpower x .20 = 53.424 bonus damage

Bonus Healing

1 point of power = .17 Bonus healing

1 point of willpower = .14 bonus healing

252 power x .17 per point = 42.84 bonus healing

267 willpower x .14 per point = 37.38 Bonus healing

nuff said

except you get an 11% bonus to willpower when buffed and spec'd right, not to mention the over 1% crit you gain from augmenting wp

tard

your 11% is crap we all get the 5% from buffs tard the extra 6% is from talents and still try to do the math i know its tough for 5 year old who cant think for them selves yet power will always win over willpower for sorcs so go play your operative or merc where main stat is better.

**edit** oh and if you really need that extra 1% crit from willpower im sorry

Edited by Vormicia

who is your main? server? rating?

what i thought. **** low dps *******

my main vormicia

my server the shadowlands

my rating none cause i dont bother

but i have completed all content until NM TFB and i heal unlike people like you who cant do nothing but dps cause healing would be too hard and take concentration not spamming 3 buttons

dont be mad at me cause i have facts and your too stupid to do any research and know your class but feel free to ask i can help if you need

Edited by Vormicia

my main vormicia

my server the shadowlands

my rating none cause i dont bother

but i have completed all content until NM TFB and i heal unlike people like you who cant do nothing but dps cause healing would be too hard and take concentration not spamming 3 buttons

oh man, swtor raiding. i healed through sunwell if that counts? probably not, sure you'll make some other excuse. shadowlands...must be a pve or rp server, too lazy to check.

anyway...if you're a pver, then you would be aware of the math that shows how augmenting wp is a slight dps increase when you factor in the crit it provides.

Willpower.

If you stack power Augments you will have to make it up somewhere to not end up around 23% crit.

If u use willpower augments then u can go almost full on power mods.

Stacking power augments is just stupid, i dare the guy who says power aug's are the way to go to post his stats.

Willpower.

If you stack power Augments you will have to make it up somewhere to not end up around 23% crit.

If u use willpower augments then u can go almost full on power mods.

Stacking power augments is just stupid, i dare the guy who says power aug's are the way to go to post his stats.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b11e0d50-5390-4fb5-813e-2a96d662ba8f

so to be fair here is one if i change to all wp augments

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/2316123b-05b0-42b0-a061-1e002aabd795

there is my extra 1% crit but hmm lower bonus damage and lower healing bonus but yet im wrong

Edited by Vormicia

Lol your full 63 and your stats are worse then mine.

In my DPS gear (which is not my main spec) im full 61 with a few 63 armor's and offc the hilt.

My stats with stim and buffs

1100 bonus dmg

2368 willpower

35.9% crit

79% surge

explain me why my stas are better with worse (50/50 61-63) gear?

Lol your full 63 and your stats are worse then mine.

In my DPS gear (which is not my main spec) im full 61 with a few 63 armor's and offc the hilt.

My stats with stim and buffs

1100 bonus dmg

2368 willpower

35.9% crit

79% surge

explain me why my stas are better with worse (50/50 61-63) gear?

maybe cause your full of ****?

do you understand what dps means?

if you have higher crit, then over time, you will do more damage than if you didn't crit.. someone made a really good post somewhere showing all the math...google is your friend

yes it is a very slight dps increase...like 5 or so...but still, if you min/max, then technically you will want wp augments

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b11e0d50-5390-4fb5-813e-2a96d662ba8f

so to be fair here is one if i change to all wp augments

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/2316123b-05b0-42b0-a061-1e002aabd795

there is my extra 1% crit but hmm lower bonus damage and lower healing bonus but yet im wrong

Yes? on the second link, change the 1 item with crit mods you have for power and you will have about the perfect crit (around 34,5%) and more bonus dmg then u have now.

Also your surge wil be higher.

So in the end, willpower aug's are better. I even have my matrix shard still equiped and the war hero relic with 113 bous dmg.

Overall my gear is less, but my stats are better.

Edited by Bobiefatt

Vormica is a bad who does not understand how stats work in this game. Power gives better bonus damage than willpower point-for-point. However, willpower also gives you increased critical chance. The diminishing returns curve for the crit chance you get from willpower isn't anywhere near as steep as the DR curve for crit rating. Increased critical chance = increased DPS.

What this means is that while power gives you better bonus damage point-for-point, willpower gives you better DPS and better HPS. The theorycrafters who have done the real heavy lifting have determined willpower is the better choice at least until you stack 9,000 willpower, which is obviously well past current gear levels.

One final point... the difference in DPS between willpower and power augments is quite low. If I remember the sim results I saw, I think you get like 15 extra DPS from willpower augments over power at BiS gearing levels.

If you want more information on this, check the threads at MMO Mechanics.

except you get an 11% bonus to willpower when buffed and spec'd right, not to mention the over 1% crit you gain from augmenting wp

tard

That.

252*111% = rougly 280 (279,8)

280*0,20=56

Soool 1 bonus damage or 1% crit?

Even for class without that mainstat bonus, that extra crit is interesting since its on a different DR than your crit rating. The power sacrifice is just a no-brainer when its not even 1-2 damage per hit.

Critical chance is by far the better stat, but once it hits the threshold where 1% critical is less than 7.5 power assuming the surge rate is an even 75% it is still better (When it takes around 44-47 crit for 1% compared to the flat 1:0.17 power) . Unfortunately we have yet to get to this point and time where we might find power augments becoming more valuable. As it is will power which increases both power and crit is more valuable.

How I figured without getting downto the nitty gritty of math.

1007.6 with 0% crit and 75% surge over a hundred tried equals 100760 HP

1000.0 with 1% crit and 75% surfe over a hundred tries equals 100750 HP

Until that point where crit becomes too expensive to proc for 1% it is the better stat.

If my assumption is off I would like to know.