Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bubble Stun wars

Caeliux
01.09.2013 , 01:15 PM | #61
Just faced a pug team with 5 ops, 1 of them a sniper, and 3 sorcs.

2 of the sorcs was bubble stun, other 1 was madness.

Just imagine the cc happening with bubble stun + op open and stun.

Yea it was impossible to move lol.

namesaretough
01.09.2013 , 01:41 PM | #62
It must have been especially difficult since they had 10 people.
Smugglin

Monterone
01.09.2013 , 05:30 PM | #63
Bubble stun is not ok. However, it is the only thing making sorcs viable currently. Yes, we can do ok in full heals but it's difficult and requires a lot of pampering from allies.

As sad as it is for me, if the bubble stun is nerfed in the wrong way my sorc is going back into retirement. It's just painful to play a sorc compared to all the other 50s I have. Sorc is my first and will always be my main, but there needs to be an end to my masochism.

A bubble stun nerf will effectively kill dps sorcs due to the hybrid being gone, and most of us are aware that full dps trees for sorcs have no room in serious competition.

I really, really hope they take a good look at sorcs overall before they do anything with the bubble stun.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Caeliux
01.09.2013 , 07:22 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
I really, really hope they take a good look at sorcs overall before they do anything with the bubble stun.
I agree and I don't want a nerf where sage and sorc get buried.

But bubble stun needs revamped somehow, its out of hand the amount of cc piled on you cause of this.

islander
01.10.2013 , 12:14 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by RendakFel View Post
Bubble stun helps mitigate smash stacking, it has a place in the game. And it helps teach your dps to focus fire. It's amazing how little time hostile sorc's get to bubble everything when your DPS forces them to actually heal.
This. I run bubble stun most of the time. I find it pretty cute that all the melee classes QQ so hard about bubble stun when it prevents them from facerolling us.

Now, I'm all for it being removed and legitimate pvp damage and healing improvements put in its place - although healing isnt in nearly a bad place as DPS is. I'm also compeltely for Bioware to disallow people from breaking their own bubbles of protection - that's ridiculous.

but otherwise, as "PvP" stands now, it's an equalizer to all the other OPness thats been floating around this game for the better part of 7-8 months.

I'm like Monty above, I rolled my sorc on day 1, it's my main. I played it the best I could even before bubble stun. In fact I then rolled a mara to 50, but still went back to my sorc. It's just what I want to play most of the time.

Although my soon to be 50 sniper is growing on me, fast.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

JoeyDeluxe
01.10.2013 , 02:31 PM | #66
I have played bubble mez and now stun since 1.2. Mainly because it is too funny listening to the Smash FoTMers.

I get this all day long... "You're terrible at this game, all you do is stun n run, stun n run." - OPSMASH

I usually reply with something cute like. "All you do is smash"

Give me back a 1.5 second Dark Infusion after a resurgence and I'll go back to puddle. Until then... I will spam bubbles on everyone all day long.

JoeyDeluxe
01.10.2013 , 02:43 PM | #67
Also... it is good for othesr to remember. That stun is easily cleansed. Keep your cleanses on cd my friends.

Caeliux
01.10.2013 , 03:31 PM | #68
It's nobody's fault but Bioware's allowing a such a cc control with bubble stun, its baffling that its still around with all the complaints and videos of it.

So much chain cc and uncontrollable things happens over this, and its not just melee its 8 man premades of all classes affected by this.

Quote: Originally Posted by JoeyDeluxe View Post
Also... it is good for othesr to remember. That stun is easily cleansed. Keep your cleanses on cd my friends.
Yes a healer can clease long as that healer isn't cced and focused to death, remember cleanse is not aoe but bubble stun is.

The amount of seconds to cleanse one target when 3 seconds are happening being stunned by it don't add up on being able to move your toon fast enough unless you have a trinket off cd, if not and your focused your dead.

Not to mention yea the smash builds smashing you after a bubble pops, so we got 2 things going on same time.

Guilds of premades are going these specs to counter same specs, so its a beat them with same comp because no other comp can beat it at moment in SWTOR.

Sad but true stuff going on.

orryko
01.10.2013 , 03:45 PM | #69
i just don't see how bubble stun is affecting groups that much. maybe if your dps didn't swarm like 4 year olds around a soccer ball, then 4 or 5 wouldn't get stunned at the same time. and lol@ any healers or ranged dps complaining about bubble stun, that is so laughable. i bet you s key with force speed too

coming from someone who has run full lightning successfully since launch, bubble stun is the only thing that allows me to compete and/or 1v1 most people. Do I think they should remove the stun on people other than the caster? Yes. Do I think you shouldn't be allowed to click it off? Yes. My biggest fear though is that they are going to adjust the resolve value. As it currently stands, I can rely on my bubble stuns combined with root knockback and hard stun to effectively keep people off me and allow myself to hard cast...not to mention force slow, but with all the whining about snares that should be adding resolve....

I'm not sure what adjustments they can make aside from adding defensive cooldowns to sorcs. If they buff our damage too much I think that's a bad thing, because I do great burst and overall damage already.

On the flip side, all my other 50 alts are melee, so I understand the frustration of popping 2 or 3 bubbles in a row. But as hard as I can burst on people, especially with a concealment op or deception sin...it really isn't that bad. Usually that's the only thing that keeps most healers alive.

JoeyDeluxe
01.10.2013 , 04:33 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
i just don't see how bubble stun is affecting groups that much. maybe if your dps didn't swarm like 4 year olds around a soccer ball, then 4 or 5 wouldn't get stunned at the same time. and lol@ any healers or ranged dps complaining about bubble stun, that is so laughable. i bet you s key with force speed too
This is where most of the rage comes from Xeno... Those little kiddies swarming to Smash Smash Smash getting angry they can't HULK SMASH because they are stunned.