Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jflund
01.10.2013 , 03:23 PM | #1941
Short story;

Two days ago I was able to buy Cartel Coins, yesterday I was not. Same error as you guys. I tried another card, same issue. I tried PayPal, no luck there either.

Removed all Cards and PayPal (dumb move seeing as this also cancelled my Subscription), tried to add another card again, With this error Message:

We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.

Maybe there is a limit to how many Cartel coins you can buy a month? I sure has hell has bought a lot! But no more.

Corathor
01.10.2013 , 04:59 PM | #1942
Bumpity bump bump!!!

ZRenegadeEdgeZ
01.10.2013 , 06:45 PM | #1943
Yea it's doing the something to me, it says general error and please try again later.

Zimovich
01.10.2013 , 08:36 PM | #1944
Quote: Originally Posted by jflund View Post
Short story;

Two days ago I was able to buy Cartel Coins, yesterday I was not. Same error as you guys. I tried another card, same issue. I tried PayPal, no luck there either.

Removed all Cards and PayPal (dumb move seeing as this also cancelled my Subscription), tried to add another card again, With this error Message:

We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.

Maybe there is a limit to how many Cartel coins you can buy a month? I sure has hell has bought a lot! But no more.
U lucky, i cant see Store, only Maintenance last 5 days.

Chromey
01.10.2013 , 08:41 PM | #1945
I hope they fix this really dumb issue soon. It's really ridiculous that EA is the ONLY place I can't buy from.

firestarter
01.11.2013 , 02:54 AM | #1946
And they are adding and adding and adding stuff to the market that we cant buy cause of them not fixing our
damn error.
I really wonder when by the time so many peeps have this error that they dont make enough profit out of the market they will take this as an excuse to shut the game down. Of course then it will be the customers fault and not theirs.
Exiluminator - AP Powertech

The Red Eclipse

Ashrah
01.11.2013 , 04:30 AM | #1947
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashrah View Post
Running into the exact same error, tried calling customer support and the best they can do is tell me to

"call your bank please"

I'm sorry .....

Buying Cartel Coins doesnt work (nu2001) but after that buying a subscription and the expansion work fine from the same Credit Card

what a load of crap...
Well it seems to be solved,

Called my bank (against better judgement) who promptly managed to tell me there was nothing wrong with my card (as if i didnt know that already but whatever).

Back to EA customer support (Accounts and Billing), retold my story, the CS-representative removed and re-added my CC in THEIR database, meaning if you do it yourself through the website it wont work, and now everything is fine again.

Just too bad it cost me about 10 for calling to the UK because EA is too cheap to get a listed "local" Dutch phonenumber for CS.
Light Knights - EU Red Eclipse

TheKingsVillian
01.11.2013 , 07:58 AM | #1948
Bump, so people with this error can find this thread, and add to it.

jflund
01.11.2013 , 09:13 AM | #1949
I too called my bank just to make sure. And it was the dumbest thing they ever heard. All my Cards where fully open and availible for use.

What bothers me now is that I am unable to add any of my Cards as a payment option. Every card I try, Debit or Credit, VISA or MasterCard, all gives this error Message:

I can add PayPal, but when trying to buy cartel coins it fails With no just a generell error asking me to try again later.

What gives BioWare? You really need to give us a proper response. NOW! Or else my Money is going elsewhere, and looking at this thread, I'm not the only one you are going to loose.

Muljo_Stpho
01.11.2013 , 11:35 AM | #1950
There had been some fraud on my card last month. They closed that card and issued a new one, but just to be safe I'm trying not to use my debit card for online purchases anymore.

So I picked up a $25 prepaid Visa gift card. I used it to buy $20 in cartel coins just fine, but then I tried to buy $5 in cartel coins and got the general error. I tried it a few more times and kept getting that error, and now I've started getting the message where it just won't take that card at all anymore.

I logged onto the gift card site and checked the activity on the card and it's got 5 pending transactions for $1 each listed on there in addition to the successful $19.99 transaction.

I don't know why it failed in the first place but it looks like after the first failure the pending $1 charge was what was keeping it from letting any other transactions go through. There wasn't enough left on the card after that to cover the transaction.

Most of these attempts were yesterday but a couple of them were just a few minutes ago. I guess I'll have to wait until those pending charges have been canceled before trying again with that card? Or does the system make a $1 charge to start out as a test and then cancel that after making the full charge?