Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

Khevar
01.09.2013 , 11:12 AM | #71
@hillltrot

On the one hand, I agree with you that making too much an ado about nothing is silly and uncessary. On the other hand, I find myself surprised at how aggressively you've responded to three different people who are really asking for good manners.

Darwarhammer actually puts in an effort to NOT ninja someone else's world objective, and you call that "blatantly rude" lulwhut?

You take Akiviri's post about taking someone else's node and twist words into "You consider any time anyone loots any node nearby you to be theft."

You take my example of bad manners and compare that to a felony crime? Yeahhhh.

Now, as far as open-world objectives go, everyone is competing for them. I'm sure that I've taken others without meaning to. I know others have taken mine. It's not going to ruin my game. S**t happens, you move on.

Yet go back to my example with the Drell engineers. Tell me that hasn't happened to you? I've got 4 republic 50s and I've run that particular quest A LOT. And more than once I've had someone follow me, wait until I attack the mobs, then open the cells for the objective.

Surely you can see that is rude, right? What's my reaction to that?

1. The next time I'm doing that quest, and I see someone go left, I'm going to go right. I surely didn't like it when it happened to me, so I'm not going to do it to someone else.

2. If I run into the room and I see someone attacking the mobs (with delicious unopened cells) I'm going to run right past it to the middle room where there are more cells.

3. I'm going to see someone make a post about about competing for open world objectives and comment on it.

So tell me, who exactly is hypersensitive again?

Akiviri
01.09.2013 , 11:57 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by hillltrot View Post
Do you:

1. Buy a gun and rob a bank, or
2. Stay at home and play SWTOR?

Hint: One of these choices is the wrong one.
Yes - you do get it. It really is that simple. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Why am I raging about this? First, I was reading this post because I was in support of not needing equipment you and your companions can't use. But, I noticed that the thread had been hijacked to become about open PvE/PvP "node/MOB stealing".
Not much difference there, really. Needing an item you can't use is just as wrong as snagging someone's node/objective they are working to get. Except in the case of the latter you can (obviously) use it. That doesn't make that SAME ATTITUDE/BEHAVIOR ok though.

This Hypersensitivity of worrying about "stealing" someone's node, quest objective or whatever and the reverse hypersensitivity about someone "stealing" your nodes, quest objectives, or whatever is just too much and creates a real negative gaming environment in my opinion.
Hence coming to the forums to comment on that behavior. To get it out of my system so I can play and shrug it off again for awhile. Just because you or someone else chooses to label that as "Hypersensitivity" is no reason to NOT comment or work to change the problem. In fact, allowing it to continue will only make it seem to be ok, when in fact it is not because ignoring the problem does nothing to solve it.

The reason why I make the "assumptions" the other poster talked about is that I very rarely have anyone "cut and dry" "steal" a whatever from me.
Then you are indeed a lucky player. I get it that crap, on average, once per session. In fact, the one time someone did wait - that I noticed, I found THAT noteworthy enough to comment on here as well.

RenfieldXIII
01.09.2013 , 06:34 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Did you actually ask the person about that? I needed on a strength lightsaber once on my sage (I didn't read carefully enough), saw the mara need on it too and immediately went, oh crap, that wasn't for me was it? I won the roll and started a trade with him right away. No fuss, no muss.
It's all about communication, and had more people done so with me early on, I wouldn't have given up on the game the first time (just returning to it now after a long hiatus).

I was a little quick on the draw a few times in a FP, and outright misclicked once and ended up on the receiving end of a ton of verbal abuse from angered party members as a result because I won some items my main shouldn't have had, or worse, they felt they needed it more than me when it was appropriate. If I end up with gear I shouldn't have, I'll gladly give it to the better suited person who should have gotten it, just ask don't yell. Not everybody is out to rip the group off, some times it just happens, talk to them and you all may be happy.

Akiviri
01.09.2013 , 08:58 PM | #74
I think everyone has misclicked, either through not reading or just a plain wrong click. I know I have - back when I grouped - and said so. Sometimes that doesn't help. As has been shown in this thread I think - MMO's are a haven for the passive aggressive of society and 'normal' people just rage at the behavior outright and don't want to hear any 'oops' about it. Sad - but I guess this is society.

My solution - for everything but nodes and quest items - is just don't group, since it seems to be more of a hassle than it's worth really. Everything I have come across so far (Main is level 42), and a lot of the content at 50 including HM, is solo-able with enough gear and skill I hear. Which is fine by me - I enjoy soloing content like that more than grouping for it anyway. Especially the end game stuff since nearly everyone that is running it by the time I usually get there has done it 1000 times and is bored with it, and seem to expect that you know it all by heart already as well. Not to mention that slamming through an instance with 2 or 3 of the 4 people massively overgeared for it is not what I call fun at all. been there done that for a raid guild and didn't even like it then.

funkhouse
01.09.2013 , 11:00 PM | #75
Actualy people that are complaining about ******* and *****s pressing the need button at free will are realy the selfish ones.

Dont pug hard modes and if you do after you are all grouped up make it clear what you need from the run.

If you aint 50 then why are you crying? Should allready have full orange gear set before lvl 20 anyhow, including weapons.

Companions dont need epic gear period. Those who think they do are those who never learn their own class and rely heavly on the companions to survive.

I never need on loots in random groups in fps or planet missions because i maintain my gear as i level and its allways better then the loot being offered.

legolegion
01.10.2013 , 01:50 AM | #76
started kicking them, and put them on a ignore list

internaty
01.10.2013 , 02:09 AM | #77
Funny i made this topic after an ********* ninja looted the entire flashpoint and then ninja looted the best sage headpiece for his kira in a flashpoint.

I never thought it would still be around.

Rage post seem to outlast calm post:S
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

TheBBP
01.10.2013 , 01:35 PM | #78
I posted this in another thread, but it fits in this one just as well...

There are things called:
  • Tact
  • Respect
  • Courtesy
  • Decency

Being anonymous on the internet does not exempt you from them.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Akow
01.10.2013 , 03:12 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by internaty View Post
I am seeing this more and more.
People ninjalooting stuff for alts, companions, because there new.
etc etc etc.

While i know this isnt wow i am getting tired of losing good gear to ninja's who claim it is for there companion.

Anyone else bother by this anoying excuees to jusify ninjalooting?
I have alot during low level fp's. I boot anyone that needs on a item thats for another class if they don't ask first. Sorry needing on a item to sell or for you comp while another group person needs it ..Gets you the Boot. Bio needs to add a code to the need button so you can only Need on your class stat stuff "the one thing i like about Blizz dungeon random que". everything else should give the Greed button. and if you need it for a companion, then ask the person who got it if you can have it.

internaty
01.11.2013 , 12:00 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I posted this in another thread, but it fits in this one just as well...

There are things called:
  • Tact
  • Respect
  • Courtesy
  • Decency

Being anonymous on the internet does not exempt you from them.
Those still exist?
I thought they died 10 years ago:P
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.