Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My concern about hacking not getting addressed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
My concern about hacking not getting addressed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.10.2013 , 09:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Another stealthed official post. What's the story with those? Can we only see them via force meditation?
Maybe certain replies need to be reviewed and they flag it? With something like this, I can see that happening.

Also...what is the new warning on the launcher? When was it added??
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.10.2013 , 09:31 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
Very thankful Bioware is finally at least acknowledging that hacks do in fact exist in game. Here's hoping the douchebag hackers actually get their toons deleted, permanently ip banned, and origin account banned.
I agree 100%!!!! I know companies are reluctant to ban people from paying $, but hackers ACTIVELY destroy games, despite what they may spend...and every cent they spend, they'll spend again to re-gear up. Banning them is win-win for players AND Bioware.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
01.10.2013 , 09:41 AM | #23
lol most "hacks" that people report, is just bad client syncronization or just lag.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.10.2013 , 09:58 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
lol most "hacks" that people report, is just bad client syncronization or just lag.
I guess we'll see huh? lol
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
01.10.2013 , 10:47 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBernieSkills View Post
Besides there would be a 50% chance they were on your team.
Uh, and that is supposed to make it all ok? Hackers are fine, as long as they are on your side, is that what you are saying?

I could not disagree more. I've been in one huttball match where I saw clear speed hacking by someone on my team. That person scored two goals in about 20 seconds all alone. I grabbed the ball and ran towards our spawn point, with the intention of passing it to the other team for a score. Unfortunately the match ended before I could even things out.

Daxy's Avatar


Daxy
01.10.2013 , 10:59 AM | #26
fwiw

i just noticed the bw message at my login screen regarding their acknowledgement of hackers

maybe not the greatest but at least they are making a statement where every player has to "see" it before logging on to play

Reimik's Avatar


Reimik
01.10.2013 , 11:17 AM | #27
I'm glad Bioware is seriously looking into it finally. Many game companies tend to look the other way either because they don't know what to do or don't want to do it. I come from another game, Eve Online where they have banned hundreds of accounts for hacking, botting etc and have removed trillions of in game credits for these reasons.
But on to another point, last night I was in a Voidstar match and I'm simply going to assume it was lag but me and a teammate were attacking an opponent over near the big crate at the first door who was almost down and the next thing I know, the guy is gone, I'm looking around and he's over by the door now, healing up.

salaryman's Avatar


salaryman
01.10.2013 , 12:21 PM | #28
And it only took 12 months for BW to look into this...?

And please don't waste anyone's time trying to tell me that the same player that teleported from mid-field to the end-zone 6 times in a row in huttball is because of "lag".

MadBernieSkills's Avatar


MadBernieSkills
01.10.2013 , 12:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Uh, and that is supposed to make it all ok? Hackers are fine, as long as they are on your side, is that what you are saying?

I could not disagree more. I've been in one huttball match where I saw clear speed hacking by someone on my team. That person scored two goals in about 20 seconds all alone. I grabbed the ball and ran towards our spawn point, with the intention of passing it to the other team for a score. Unfortunately the match ended before I could even things out.
Nah, that was kind of a joke. My point was that I haven't seen much if any hacking in SWTOR. I've played other games with much much worse hacking. Usually FPS games.

This game seems to be pretty free of hacks. If it affects 1% of my matches, I guess I just don't care.

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.10.2013 , 01:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by salaryman View Post
And it only took 12 months for BW to look into this...?

And please don't waste anyone's time trying to tell me that the same player that teleported from mid-field to the end-zone 6 times in a row in huttball is because of "lag".
12 months to look in to what? I have never seen anyone I thought was hacking.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 5/10 HM
Jedi Covenant