Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please address your game files corrupting!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please address your game files corrupting!!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mistwraithe
01.10.2013 , 10:09 AM | #11
Ok so I apologize for being such an a hole. I am very frustrated.

Currently, I am installing the game with my machine in safe mode.

I just find it unbelievable that the answer I see from BW are things like run check disk at least 6 times!!
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 10:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwraithe View Post
Ok so I apologize for being such an a hole. I am very frustrated.

Currently, I am installing the game with my machine in safe mode.

I just find it unbelievable that the answer I see from BW are things like run check disk at least 6 times!!
No worries mate, let me know how you get on with safe mode, ( off to bed now it's 2:35am here )

Skolops
01.10.2013 , 11:53 AM | #13
What do you mean it only repairs a file at a time? I repaired today to try to fix CTD issues that have come up only in the past week. How can I tell if the repair needs to be repeated to do other files?
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Mistwraithe
01.10.2013 , 12:40 PM | #14
I have seen answers from the moderates that have stated that you have to run repair repeatedly because the repair tool will only fix 1 corrupted file at a time. So if you have say 5 corrupted files you have to run it 5 times. After each scan it will tell you how many files are corrupted. Additionally, I have seen posts stating that you should run check disk and the mem test at least 6 times. I do not have the links nor do I want to search for them but they are out there.

I am working on day 3 of reinstallation on my pc. This time I am trying it in safe mode. I did find out a couple of things that I am hoping will allow the install.

1. Windows defender updated and when it did it turned back on my firewall. (GRR!!!!) It is set to off as well as allowing SWTOR as an exclusion incase it happens again.
2. I had something like 15 updates that were ready to download from Microsoft which appeared late last night. Things like Office updates etc... I have seen Microsoft update interfere with game installations/patching before and I am sure it is the same with SWTOR.
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5