Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible fix for launcher errors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Possible fix for launcher errors

Psyphir
01.10.2013 , 12:26 PM | #1
I have been having tons of issues logging in and having various errors like C6: Unable to create temporary work space, stalling at installing main asset 98 to CTD on launch and spent many hours trying to fix this. I seem to have fixed my issue so I thought I'd post this up in case it works for others who are having the same issues I am. Sorry if this has already been posted and doesn't work for everyone. I did a search but nothing came up.

Hopefully this will help some of you.

I installed from disk so not sure if this will work for everyone. You'll need to be able to see hidden folders and files.

I used the fixlauncher.exe and possibly deleted diskcachearena file. I can't remember if I did since I was getting really frustrated at this point.

I then went to "C:\users\[username]\appdata\local" on my system and there was a folder shortcut called SWTOR which didn't lead anywhere and threw up an error when I double clicked it. There was also a folder called SWTOR-original.

At this point I deleted the SWTOR link and renamed the SWTOR-original folder SWTOR. Loaded up the launcher, it patched fine and I managed to log in.

I also seem to no longer CTD at the end of Esseles (I haven't tried Black Talon yet) though that could be a possible fix from the update.

Sorry if this doesn't work for you but hopefully it will work for some people.