Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 10:29 AM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Nope, never have looked at the CM advertisements on this site. I've thumbed through the CM in the game and obviously seen pictures in the CM. But I never once looked at whatever this picture is and thought... oh that's supposed to be this armor set but it isn't the same as what this picture is... especially since they aren't labeled with the name. Was literally looking at adaptaive armor on the GTN and previewing stuff to see what it looks like and found the phantom one and liked it. Sorry that's a hard concept for people to grasp.

Completely understand the original people that got screwed by buying the cartel packs for this armor would be upset and want a change. But reversing it back literally did the exact same screw job to the people who bought it off of the GTN because of previewing it. If it's a contest of who got screwed more then I'll concede that the people who paid real money for a chance at this specific armor got screwed more. But is that really a contest this game should be having?
Once again...Preview is not an Advertisement. Picture on Cartel Pack is an Advertisement. EA/BioWare can Be sue'd for Advertising Gear and people did not get what was advertised, IE: False Advertising.....they cannot be sue'd because you "previewed" it, No such thing as false preview.

Ryscandor
01.10.2013 , 10:47 AM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaScott View Post
BW has admitted they handled this wrong. Most people can see that both sides have valid arguments as to which way the gear should be. BW said they will try to remedy this. Why are people still arguing?
+1 for sanity.

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 10:48 AM | #993
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryscandor View Post
+1 for sanity.
-2 for missing the point.

Rhyxali
01.10.2013 , 10:52 AM | #994
what about the actual "advertisement" in the cartel market of the Investigator set? it looks nothing like it does in the preview screen...I have included an actual screen shot I just took..false advertisement?
either way..bioware needs to clean up their act..

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0d7b86ab.jpg

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 10:55 AM | #995
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyxali View Post
what about the actual "advertisement" in the cartel market of the Investigator set? it looks nothing like it does in the preview screen...I have included an actual screen shot I just took..false advertisement?
either way..bioware needs to clean up their act..

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0d7b86ab.jpg
Sorry, But that set does look that way...on a male toon.

Rhyxali
01.10.2013 , 10:58 AM | #996
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Sorry, But that set does look that way...on a male toon.
ah..so perhaps they need to clarify? no...bioware needs to clean up their act..plain and simple. ensure all things are according to what they are describing for all characters - male/female...it was sloppy on their part, but I do want to say I am extremely happy they are looking into fixing the issues. its sad that it has taken a beast of horrid ranting to make them sit up and notice though..

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 11:15 AM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyxali View Post
ah..so perhaps they need to clarify? no...bioware needs to clean up their act..plain and simple. ensure all things are according to what they are describing for all characters - male/female...it was sloppy on their part, but I do want to say I am extremely happy they are looking into fixing the issues. its sad that it has taken a beast of horrid ranting to make them sit up and notice though..
Since you are new, It has been known since release the many armors do not share the same graphic for Male/Female toons.

Mindwreck
01.10.2013 , 11:16 AM | #998
-2 for missing the point.
Why is there not a limit to how many posts a person can make within a certain timeframe? I read post after post, with pretty much the same information every post coming from this guy. We know, we know, we've heard it a thousand times by now, you have a vaild point, please stop stating it. Your filling this thread and trolling it on purpose to piss people off, with garbage.

There is a large population of people who bought these items based on the preview, who had no clue they were going to change it. This is fact, I'm not trying to argue here. The devs have acknoweledged they have wronged these people and are going to fix it.

"Organize a decent post, and let it marinate a bit, come back, maybe do it again. Don't just try to get your name up on the Most Frequent Poster award."

Rhyxali
01.10.2013 , 11:18 AM | #999
sorry quoted wrong person...

lol actually I am not new..I have been playing since beta...its not assumed gear is "male" specific..or am I incorrect in making that statement?

Keypek
01.10.2013 , 11:18 AM | #1000
Once again...Preview is not an Advertisement. Picture on Cartel Pack is an Advertisement. EA/BioWare can Be sue'd for Advertising Gear and people did not get what was advertised, IE: False Advertising.....they cannot be sue'd because you "previewed" it, No such thing as false preview.
I'm not arguing real legal issues here. Who the heck would sue over a digital product like this? I don't care that much. Point is both sides of each armor look have a reason to be upset over this situation is my only point. It would have made more sense for BW to fix the problem by leaving both versions in game some how after the initial screwup. Just hope I don't buy anything else off the GTN that looks different in some random picture some where on the internets and gets changed later.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands