Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Galbatorrix
01.10.2013 , 09:45 AM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
You're right, preview isn't an advertisement.... it's what it ACTUALLY looked like. And think you missed the point where I said I don't look at the cartel packs. They are a waste of money. I have plenty of credits so I just look at new items through preview on GTN since you figure what the items actually look like on your toon would be what they are supposed to be. Hard concept I know.

In the end, it's not that huge of a deal. I just find it funny people expect every person that plays the game to be well versed with every advertisement and/or picture bioware releases in order to compare items they may or may not buy later down the road off the GTN. It was a giant screw up by Bioware no matter how people want to deflect it back on to the consumer.

Ok, so, you come to the website and post in the forums, yet you've never once looked at the advertisements for the CM on the site.

Sorry if I don't believe you.

BobaScott
01.10.2013 , 09:47 AM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Okay and who gives me compensation for ripping out the mods?
and then money for the augmentationslot MK6 + fee for installing?

we're talking about 100k all in all^^
100k may be peanuts for a few ppl here, but i'm not willing to pay for mistakes by bioware

W
I agree with this 100%. Only way around it would be to flag the nerfed gear to allow free mod rips or some such. May not be possiblle, but who knows...

Lium
01.10.2013 , 09:53 AM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Same people Ignore speed limit then respond "Gee Officer, I never saw the speed limit sign."
Ha! You totally stole my thunder. I was literally JUST going to post this.

All of the people posting since the patch saying, "I never read the forums so I didn't know this was going to be corrected.", and "I don't look at the ads, I just preview it in-game." made me think of people that ignore warnings or advisories and then are shocked and upset when something happens.

"I never look at the speed limit, I just go with the flow of traffic." As if that somehow makes it the officer's fault for pulling you over, or makes it okay that you broke the law.

FINNT
01.10.2013 , 10:06 AM | #984
Except that example is lacking as traffic signs and road are joined where as the game and forum ain't.

(I don't have any of the modified armors.)
:laser:

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 10:09 AM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post
Except that example is lacking as traffic signs and road are joined where as the game and forum ain't.

Picture on Cartel Pack say otherwise.

http://www.swtor.com/buy <------- Middle of Page

Galbatorrix
01.10.2013 , 10:09 AM | #986
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post

This would be valid if not for the ads also being on the in-game store. Even if you didn't buy any of the packs, I'm sure most people likely opens the store up and looks at the new items for sale from time to time. Again, I think a lot of the "I didn't know!!" talk is people feigning ignorance. I guess they think Bioware will be more likely to give them their way if they pretend to be a victim.

BobaScott
01.10.2013 , 10:13 AM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Ha! You totally stole my thunder. I was literally JUST going to post this.

All of the people posting since the patch saying, "I never read the forums so I didn't know this was going to be corrected.", and "I don't look at the ads, I just preview it in-game." made me think of people that ignore warnings or advisories and then are shocked and upset when something happens.

"I never look at the speed limit, I just go with the flow of traffic." As if that somehow makes it the officer's fault for pulling you over, or makes it okay that you broke the law.
Wow that's the worst example yet. As you go down a road you can see the signs next to it. When you get gear in-game there is no sign that reads "warning, BioWare may change this at any moment with out warning."

BW has admitted they handled this wrong. Most people can see that both sides have valid arguments as to which way the gear should be. BW said they will try to remedy this. Why are people still arguing?

BobaScott
01.10.2013 , 10:17 AM | #988
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
This would be valid if not for the ads also being on the in-game store. Even if you didn't buy any of the packs, I'm sure most people likely opens the store up and looks at the new items for sale from time to time. Again, I think a lot of the "I didn't know!!" talk is people feigning ignorance. I guess they think Bioware will be more likely to give them their way if they pretend to be a victim.
Ever see ads/posters for fast food? The actual food you get is NEVER like that. The gear in the ad isn't even labelled. Arguing that an artistic impression is supposed to look 100% like the finished product is insane. Just not as much as arguing that everyone who plays is responsible for checking the forums for hints that a change may or may not come.

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 10:23 AM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaScott View Post
Wow that's the worst example yet. As you go down a road you can see the signs next to it. When you get gear in-game there is no sign that reads "warning, BioWare may change this at any moment with out warning."

BW has admitted they handled this wrong. Most people can see that both sides have valid arguments as to which way the gear should be. BW said they will try to remedy this. Why are people still arguing?
Because the mods merged a thread.

Keypek
01.10.2013 , 10:23 AM | #990
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Ok, so, you come to the website and post in the forums, yet you've never once looked at the advertisements for the CM on the site.

Sorry if I don't believe you.
Nope, never have looked at the CM advertisements on this site. I've thumbed through the CM in the game and obviously seen pictures in the CM. But I never once looked at whatever this picture is and thought... oh that's supposed to be this armor set but it isn't the same as what this picture is... especially since they aren't labeled with the name. Was literally looking at adaptaive armor on the GTN and previewing stuff to see what it looks like and found the phantom one and liked it. Sorry that's a hard concept for people to grasp.

Completely understand the original people that got screwed by buying the cartel packs for this armor would be upset and want a change. But reversing it back literally did the exact same screw job to the people who bought it off of the GTN because of previewing it. If it's a contest of who got screwed more then I'll concede that the people who paid real money for a chance at this specific armor got screwed more. But is that really a contest this game should be having?
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=Vanguard, Guardian, Sage, Scoundrel, Commando, Gunslinger, Shadow, Marauder, other random junk
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands