Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Red Eclipse EU has problems today

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Red Eclipse EU has problems today
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LydMekk
01.10.2013 , 07:19 AM | #1
Experiencing heavy SERVER side lag, my ms is normal at round 80ms but the server itself seems to skip and hang.

Group chat is working 50% of the time (this is an old bug which seems to have resurfaced today).

Exiting BT normal will get you kicked to windows. This is not happening on the RP EU server today, only Red Eclipse.

Maybe some of the support staff can look into it?

Thanks!

Beesodd
01.10.2013 , 07:30 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi LydMekk,

Thanks for the report. I just have a few more questions for you.

Where did you encounter this? Was it a particular instance or everywhere? Were other people in your group affected? You mention a chat issue, was it only group chat affected? Have you tried re-exiting BT more than once(in case it was a once-off CTD?

Thanks again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Hastur
01.10.2013 , 08:16 AM | #3
I also had problems on Red Eclipse this morning. I encountered random disconnects from the server and ctrl-left click preview panes not loading

LydMekk
01.10.2013 , 09:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi LydMekk,

Thanks for the report. I just have a few more questions for you.

Where did you encounter this? Was it a particular instance or everywhere? Were other people in your group affected? You mention a chat issue, was it only group chat affected? Have you tried re-exiting BT more than once(in case it was a once-off CTD?

Thanks again.
The lagging is in all aspects of the server. Group chat was only affted in a BT run, WZs chat is functioning normally for this char.

Circumvented the BT exit thing by alt-tabing out to windows after selecting 2-station.

Beesodd
01.10.2013 , 09:39 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks.

Sorry, I misunderstood on the BT crash, this is a known issue, and tabbing, as you've mentioned is the workaround to use.

The group chat is interesting and would look to be server side, thanks for the report.

As to the lag, it sounds like it may be local. By any chance was your machine running a scan, or were there any processor/HDD-heavy processes running while you were playing? These can cause the game to "lurch" (this is as i'd describe it, which seems similar to your "skip and hang" description) as you play.

Thanks again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

LydMekk
01.10.2013 , 10:04 AM | #6
No local lag mate. 2 diff. PCs both with W7-64, 8 and 16GB mem, clear installs, not much running in the background.

100/10 fiberline. Fast net everywhere else as this was happening. Feels like Red Eclipse server is copying files or something, e.g. busy in your end in periods.

IT engineer myself