Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

TheBBP
01.10.2013 , 09:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Terro_Fett View Post
I dont get why people say Telekinetic Throw is tossing "pebbles". Compare the size of those rocks to your character, they are bigger than your character's fist. Being hailed by that many fist sized rocks would cause serious damage.
And it DOES cause serious damage.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Happy_Puppy
01.10.2013 , 09:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Terro_Fett View Post
I dont get why people say Telekinetic Throw is tossing "pebbles". Compare the size of those rocks to your character, they are bigger than your character's fists. Being hailed by that many fist sized rocks would cause serious damage.
Listen to it. its sounds the same as if little pebbles hitting your car.. very underwhelming.

Now think about how it would really sound if you had fist size rocks hitting your car...

TheBBP
01.10.2013 , 09:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Happy_Puppy View Post
Listen to it. its sounds the same as if little pebbles hitting your car.. very underwhelming.

Now think about how it would really sound if you had fist size rocks hitting your car...
Granted, it does not give off a violent sound, but if you watch the enemy's health bar while you are chucking the rocks, it suddenly becomes not so underwhelming.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

tausser
01.10.2013 , 09:40 AM | #14
Much as I love my Sage, when I think of Force powers, picking up and throwing clods of dirt at my foe isn't what springs to mind.
It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

MillionsKNives
01.10.2013 , 09:45 AM | #15
I think the concept of the pebbles is fine, I just think they need to make it visually look more powerful. It could use more emphasis on the force behind it. Otherwise it just looks like you've got a rockflinging machine gun.

Maybe even if they showed them coming up off the ground and being redirected forward.

Galbatorrix
01.10.2013 , 09:53 AM | #16
They could always have a couple larger items (like the project items, for instance) randomly mixed into the pebbles.

Happy_Puppy
01.10.2013 , 09:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Granted, it does not give off a violent sound, but if you watch the enemy's health bar while you are chucking the rocks, it suddenly becomes not so underwhelming.
I dont think anyone here is saying it does less damage then the lighitng of a sorc. its about the "feel" of it. You know the looks and sounds vs the lighting from sorc. and in that regard it underwhelming

Elfa
01.10.2013 , 12:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Happy_Puppy View Post
I dont think anyone here is saying it does less damage then the lighitng of a sorc. its about the "feel" of it. You know the looks and sounds vs the lighting from sorc. and in that regard it underwhelming
...and indeed, we aren't worried about the damage, it's fine as is, but the feel of it is just too weak. At least change up the sound a bit, make it feel as powerful as it is.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

MrSchmo
01.10.2013 , 01:02 PM | #19
They need to change it to what the NPC Jedis have. I believe it's Project Storm or something similar. It's like an over loaded project with multiple project throws and I find that awesome. Why it's not one of our moves I'll never know. How can the NPC Jedis have cooler moves then the players?
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Anglvamp
01.10.2013 , 01:06 PM | #20
Personally, I think both sith and jedi abilities are very inline with their movie and book qualities. Sith are passionate and flashy, jedi are calm and peaceful. I love how my character just looks like she is wandering around the battlefield helping those she can and clearing any obstacle she can't.

^.^.
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list