Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Devlonir
01.10.2013 , 06:59 AM | #961
Funniest thread on the forum 2013!

Thread timeline:
- Complaint about changes, some call it a bug, many agreed, some didn't and said it was a fix.
- Joveth comes in and says it's a mistake and will be fixed
- Some rejoice, others point out known issue
- Joveth returns and says he got wrong information and quotes, in other words, the patch notes.
- Some rejoices, many others complain that they liked the old look and bought it off GTN or spent money for cartel packs on it.
- Joveth comes back in a few times for more info, eventually Damion comes in and explains they will make a fix for this situation.
- "And it was like a thousand voices all cried out and were suddenly silenced."

- And then PVPers came in and complained why PVP balance isn't being fixed while this is.

It seems like every thread concerning bug fixes or changes always finds that same ending.. doesn't it? And it is the same for every MMO and every version of that MMO..

Man, PVPers... I love doing it,.. but the community it has is so extremely horrid..
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Elfa
01.10.2013 , 08:09 AM | #962
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Funniest thread on the forum 2013!

Thread timeline:
- Complaint about changes, some call it a bug, many agreed, some didn't and said it was a fix.
- Joveth comes in and says it's a mistake and will be fixed
- Some rejoice, others point out known issue
- Joveth returns and says he got wrong information and quotes, in other words, the patch notes.
- Some rejoices, many others complain that they liked the old look and bought it off GTN or spent money for cartel packs on it.
- Joveth comes back in a few times for more info, eventually Damion comes in and explains they will make a fix for this situation.
- "And it was like a thousand voices all cried out and were suddenly silenced."

- And then PVPers came in and complained why PVP balance isn't being fixed while this is.

It seems like every thread concerning bug fixes or changes always finds that same ending.. doesn't it? And it is the same for every MMO and every version of that MMO..

Man, PVPers... I love doing it,.. but the community it has is so extremely horrid..
QFT man, QFT.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Vinjar
01.10.2013 , 08:28 AM | #963
My BH looks ridiculous now. That's 300k wasted. =/

grombrinda
01.10.2013 , 08:31 AM | #964
Wish I could meet the guy that designed those gawd awful shoulder pad things. I'd three stooges slap him . =P
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Reppical
01.10.2013 , 08:39 AM | #965
My last post on this thread just to make sure I don't get sucked in.

But those who have stated that the appearance of their character matters to them more than anything (or similar statements) find a new one. It is what us big boys did when we bought the investigator's set for 1200 CC and found out it has an off-color appearance and the colors don't match up properly based on the image in the CC market. I put in in my bank, was a little upset and MOVED ON with my life... I didn't post an threads whining and complaining, I submitted a ticket, a response was given that it is a known issue, all I could ask for.

I think in my case it holds more weight then your cartel pack items which cost nothing but in-game currency. I highly doubt, many individuals bought tons of cartel packs to get those full sets, I bought tons of packs to get that throne chair, never though twice about those sets, I understand everyone is different but don't sit here and tell me someone spend $40+ for CC to buy packs for those sets when they sell for 30-100k on the GTN. If you tell me you know someone who did, that makes them dumb... stop to thinking about the conversion factor of CC to $$ and realize this person should have bought other things, sold them on the GTN then bought those sets and made off like a bandit.

Vinjar
01.10.2013 , 08:44 AM | #966
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
Wish I could meet the guy that designed those gawd awful shoulder pad things. I'd three stooges slap him . =P
Haha! No doubt!

If I wanted goofy shoulders and a hood, I would have bought Revan's chest which was about 10 times cheaper. Now my BH does not have the bodysuit look I wanted.

Elly_Dawn
01.10.2013 , 08:47 AM | #967
funny how Bounty Hunters and Agents dont look quite right in Inquisitor Gear, i wonder why that is?..
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Galbatorrix
01.10.2013 , 08:51 AM | #968
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinjar View Post

So, your BH looks ridiculous in an Inquisitor chest piece? Who'd of thunk it.

LogicalPremise
01.10.2013 , 08:55 AM | #969
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinjar View Post
First world problems.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

DarthSpooky
01.10.2013 , 08:55 AM | #970
There was nothing about the chestpiece that screamed "Inquisitor" in its original state. Factor in that the Agent's ship is even called the "Phantom" and the "derp, duh, it's Inquisitor gear" rebuttal is kind of juvenile.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk