Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Degradation of force lightning and coming back to the light side concepts in EU.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Degradation of force lightning and coming back to the light side concepts in EU.

Wolfninjajedi
01.09.2013 , 09:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
The video I provided earlier includes a final cut-scene which clearly indicates that he have fought and defeated the Emperor. Here is another video that has no gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3T2Z-1spT8

I am not going to discuss Force Unsealed any more because it just brings back the bad memories.

Now speaking generally. Cut-scenes or not, if the game forces you to fight someone then the details of the fight are player-specific and varies (not canon) BUT the fact that there is a fight makes it a part of the game storyline. And the story of the games have the same canon weight as the novels.
Palpatine didn't fight back the two never fought, thats why he is on the ground. He was doing the exact same thing he did with Mace Windu, pretending to be weak so that Galen would turn over to the darkside again.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Macetheace
01.10.2013 , 02:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
The video I provided earlier includes a final cut-scene which clearly indicates that he have fought and defeated the Emperor. Here is another video that has no gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3T2Z-1spT8

I am not going to discuss Force Unsealed any more because it just brings back the bad memories.

Now speaking generally. Cut-scenes or not, if the game forces you to fight someone then the details of the fight are player-specific and varies (not canon) BUT the fact that there is a fight makes it a part of the game storyline. And the story of the games have the same canon weight as the novels.
if i'm getting this right, story in the game is canon, but the actual mechanics and abilities are not.

so, every sith having force lightning is not. But then there are cut scenes where the inquistor does use force lightning, as well as a many of the sithyou meet, same with the game trailers, so i guess lightning was quite a common practice amongst sith

Farstrider
01.10.2013 , 02:49 AM | #23
As far as Palpatine being the most powerful darkside force user, for his part he was, as for his lightning being the most powerful, it was. I think Vader's mechanical enhancements prevented him from mustering the ability, but bless him he was trying to turn back to the lightside, slowly to heal himself, but I believe the course of events and nature of his injuries and loyalty to the Emperor or fear of revolution against him stopped him from being able to gradually transition back.

I should add that my belief in Palpatine's superior power is based on the fact that there where no other Sith with which to compare him at the time (I referred to Vaders limitation as a force user due go his augmetics), the fact Luke survived aslong as he did was only because Palpatine wanted him to suffer and his raw strength in the Force, if he had wanted Skywalker dead, he would've no doubt expired very swiftly.

Macetheace
01.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Farstrider View Post
As far as Palpatine being the most powerful darkside force user, for his part he was, as for his lightning being the most powerful, it was. I think Vader's mechanical enhancements prevented him from mustering the ability, but bless him he was trying to turn back to the lightside, slowly to heal himself, but I believe the course of events and nature of his injuries and loyalty to the Emperor or fear of revolution against him stopped him from being able to gradually transition back.

I should add that my belief in Palpatine's superior power is based on the fact that there where no other Sith with which to compare him at the time (I referred to Vaders limitation as a force user due go his augmetics), the fact Luke survived aslong as he did was only because Palpatine wanted him to suffer and his raw strength in the Force, if he had wanted Skywalker dead, he would've no doubt expired very swiftly.
yeah.. but when he was first introduced, knowledge of the old republic and the previous empire had not been revealed to us, so we thought the emperor was the only one that could only use force lightning, turns out he wasn't afterall, is htis accurate?