Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Claprica's Avatar


Claprica
01.09.2013 , 11:09 PM | #941
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
you sound super smart

what makes these customers opinion more worthy of dev attention than mine? or any of the players that are concerned about the direction PvP has taken in this game?

this is not rhetorical. someone explain to me why it is acceptable for something so inconsequential to the health of the game gets immediate dev attention, meanwhile PvP issues that have been acknowledged multiple times by the devs are going on MONTHS of waiting for even a hint of progress?

ps: the customer might always be right, but that doesnt mean theyre not a moron
Stop being obtuse.
a) Because its something easy to fix
b) Many hundreds or possibly even thousands of players bought the items off the GTN or used CC for a chance to get the items based off the models in game - not too mention the thousands of in game credits the used to rip out enhancements/armours/mods and add augments etc.

Mindwreck's Avatar


Mindwreck
01.09.2013 , 11:20 PM | #942
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
you sound super smart

what makes these customers opinion more worthy of dev attention than mine? or any of the players that are concerned about the direction PvP has taken in this game?

this is not rhetorical. someone explain to me why it is acceptable for something so inconsequential to the health of the game gets immediate dev attention, meanwhile PvP issues that have been acknowledged multiple times by the devs are going on MONTHS of waiting for even a hint of progress?

ps: the customer might always be right, but that doesnt mean theyre not a moron
I think when someone invest alot of time, money and credits on the appearance of there character they become attached to such appearance. Then to see it changed without much warning, they become angry. You might not have done this yet, but, beleive it or not, many people take the appearance of there character very serious. I am one of them, please don't hate me. As far as your pvp issues, I'm not so sure this is top priority. I have logged in over 3000 warzones and still can't get enough of it. Much, much fun for me. It used to be even more fun, beleive it or not, when I looked like a bad arse ninja. Now I look like a towel boy.

Aaoogaa's Avatar


Aaoogaa
01.09.2013 , 11:21 PM | #943
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
I just want to adress the 2-3 people in this thread that are trying to stage a counter-argument against the hundreds of us unsattisfied people. Here we have a dev obviously stating they made a terrible mistake. I think I'll listen to this guy over those 2-3 people. I don't see anywhere in his post about him saying "Well, you players should have been checking the forums, HAHA." A horrible decision has happened on behalf of the developers, they have admitted it, now we just have to go through the pain of waiting for them to fix it.
I am willing to bet they don't fix the people that purchased them on the GTN because they are not going to spend that much effort on people not paying real cash...nice sentiment but only the cartel coin people will get "fixed" by this team. If they really cared there would be an emergency patch changing the look back and then allowing people to individually turn in peices for the ones they want through a ticket...they paid for the look they wanted give it back to them now...not whenever you can fit it in.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Thornsbane's Avatar


Thornsbane
01.09.2013 , 11:25 PM | #944
I actually prefer the way it looks now. Funny.

Especially since before logging in I read all the fury about the changes yesterday when I was at work, and got quite annoyed about it myself. Then I went home a actually logged in and went......oh, that looks awesome.

Amazing all the rage about some medium sized cloth shoulders.

Dont worry too much guys, you have made enough loud and annoying noise that they will release something skin tight soon.

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
01.09.2013 , 11:51 PM | #945
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
I think when someone invest alot of time, money and credits on the appearance of there character they become attached to such appearance. Then to see it changed without much warning,
They stated it was wrong and that they would fix it about a month ago, 12/12/12 to be exact. That's plenty fair warning that it was going to be corrected to match the advertised art.

ZeppFreeloader's Avatar


ZeppFreeloader
01.10.2013 , 12:00 AM | #946
I have issue with the term "fix." It would be appropriate to say change, but not fix, wherein lies the problem. Commerce took place on the premise of the in-game appearance. There was also commerce based on the concept appearance. There were complaints from those that based their commerce on the concept art. Now there are complaints from those that based their commerce on the final product.

I bought one of the chest pieces based on the final product, and had to replace it when it was altered. I have a legitimate complaint. However, that is not to say that those that purchased based on concept art did not have a legitimate complaint. The "fix" was a "break" for many. It was done in a manner that caused predictable issues. As such an actual fix is needed. It is more complex than it needed to be, but it needs to be done.

Daynja's Avatar


Daynja
01.10.2013 , 12:11 AM | #947
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
lot of whiny people in this game.

there are infinitely more important things than getting your stupid armor appearance changed. like, you know, how the game functions?
Yeah i know right? Why so much attention on this? Would it be too much to ask the community to get engaged in demands for engine improvements faster loading times better audio and shadow FX especially on lower end systems, the fixing of old UI bugs that have returned new ui bugs silly bugs major bugs latency fixes better web to in game implementations for character transfers all automated rapid and easy. No? Oh ok then you lot best keep bashing at your keyboards about a few of these custom items then. Leave the important stuff for later i guess

Mindwreck's Avatar


Mindwreck
01.10.2013 , 12:34 AM | #948
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
They stated it was wrong and that they would fix it about a month ago, 12/12/12 to be exact. That's plenty fair warning that it was going to be corrected to match the advertised art.
Good to see your back for the late night hours again, like me. Do you have anything to add other then these 2 sentences to this thread. I think I've seen them like at least 10 times maybe. We get your point, please stop posting the same thing over and over. One time is enough. Ok, now your argument. I know we keep posting the same things over and over too. Not really though, I've seen many diverse posts in this thread addressing an issue many of us feel is very important. If you have nothing other to add besides "They stated such and such on 12/12/12", please occupy your time with a different thread. thanks

ZeppFreeloader's Avatar


ZeppFreeloader
01.10.2013 , 12:37 AM | #949
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
They stated it was wrong and that they would fix it about a month ago, 12/12/12 to be exact. That's plenty fair warning that it was going to be corrected to match the advertised art.
I apologize, I was not playing at that time, so I did not get the memo.

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
01.10.2013 , 12:43 AM | #950
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Make another chest, with the same model as the old Phantom chest, and allow it to be purchased with the current Phantom chest as a "currency". Bam, fixes it for everyone and doesn't lose anyone credits/CC.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed