Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Double" Double distruction help. ECHM

OlosBC
01.09.2013 , 12:40 PM | #11
Maybe its either then? Cause we definitely pushed the phases every time 2 days ago in NiM by dumping a bit of extra DPS on firebrand.

And when SC had 10-15% as FB died, we didn't get a fifth shield phase.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

THEFERRARICARGUY
01.09.2013 , 03:59 PM | #12
There is an alternative method that is quite simple, every time you exit the shield/begin the fight, have a dps perform a single rotation on SC, it helps you escape that second DD, everytime I've used that strat we haven't gotten that second DD.

jamescloutier
01.09.2013 , 08:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by THEFERRARICARGUY View Post
There is an alternative method that is quite simple, every time you exit the shield/begin the fight, have a dps perform a single rotation on SC, it helps you escape that second DD, everytime I've used that strat we haven't gotten that second DD.
Even doing this just the first time out helps. The 1st 20% is going to be the hardest to get though. This is because by the time defensive systems kicks in and you locate where the shields are you should of burned off another few %. Done this for NM and it does help eliminate that issue.

CountOryansen
01.09.2013 , 08:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
It's on stormcaller actually. Stormcaller is the one who does double destruction, so 3 dps attack him should do it.
Thanks for the reply.

We tried the 3 dps on storm last night and the 20% markers on storm still initiated the "defensive systems" phase.

Count Dooku: It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber.

CountOryansen
01.09.2013 , 08:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
I advise getting some mentoring over the pushing SC to 20%. Reason is you can't do that on NiM, so if you get to NiM you then need to change up your strategy which could cause more wipes then necessary.

What DPS are you running with? If you get your two strongest DPS on SC they might be able to push the defensive systems. Our op make up for NiM is to usually have our two melee DPS (usually dual PT's or a MT/Marauder combo), and during the first 20% the operative healer even drops an orbital strike. Pushing that first 20% is the hardest due to a combo of tank threat starting at zero, timer counting down whilst still getting into position, and having to actually get the 20% before the second DD starts casting. If you do beat that first one, subsequent defensive systems triggers are easier as you get to start at a lower value due to DPS'ing during the cast (we usually push 3% during the cast, so we only need 17% before defensive systems is cast).

I hope that made sense, I kept getting interrupted as I was typing it.
Thanks for the reply.
really great stuff, i will pass it on to the guys.

Count Dooku: It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber.

CountOryansen
01.09.2013 , 08:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by THEFERRARICARGUY View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Thats some really good stuff, I will pass it on to the guys.
cheers.