The Taung > Mandos Now.

Wolfninjajedi

Sorry but it is of my opinion that its true. The Taung are just so awesome, I wish that they hadn't been wiped out and were still around in the SW Galaxy being the Mandalorians. I don't mind what the Mandalorians are now....but, it just seemed to fall into a group that anyone can join given that they pass the criteria, it doesn't seem unique anymore. Besides...

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/8b/MandaloreTheUltimate-SWM.jpg - How awesome does Mandalore The Ultimate look? AWESOME.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c1/Last_Stand_of_the_Taungs.jpg The awesome last stand.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c5/Mandalorians_-_TEA.jpg Mandalore the Indomitable with other Taungs on their Basilisk War Droids.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/48/80Mandalore.jpg Mandalore the Indomitable.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091027133241/starwars/images/d/d2/TaungMartialArtsMaster-GAW.jpg A Taung warrior.

===

Sorry Newer Mandos, but The Taung are just more awesome to me. Ironically, my BH is a Mando but only because he wants to honor The Taung he actually doesn't like the Newer Mandos. That isn't to say I hate the Newer Mandos....but The Taung are just better to me.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I agree. The Taung are awesome. These new Mando's are a bunch of hacks and a disgrace to the true Mandalorians.

Side note: I'm cheering for the Death Watch in TCW. Canderous, MtU and Cassus Fett would be rolling in their graves at the sight of these "Mandalorians".

I agree. The Taung are awesome. These new Mando's are a bunch of hacks and a disgrace to the true Mandalorians.

Side note: I'm cheering for the Death Watch in TCW. Canderous, MtU and Cassus Fett would be rolling in their graves at the sight of these "Mandalorians".

No Aurbere, I mean Taung > Mando who aren't Taung. Meaning Mandalore The Ultimate is where I stop at. That is actually a rather fitting title for the last Taung, Mandalore The Ultimate.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No Aurbere, I mean Taung > Mando who aren't Taung. Meaning Mandalore The Ultimate is where I stop at. That is actually a rather fitting title for the last Taung, Mandalore The Ultimate.

In that specific case I was talking about the war-faring Mandalorians, not that Canderous and Cassus were Taung. Should of made myself clear.

Anyway, I agree with you.

So powerful they were, how did the entire species get wiped out?

The Mandalorian Wars.

In that specific case I was talking about the war-faring Mandalorians, not that Canderous and Cassus were Taung. Should of made myself clear.

Anyway, I agree with you.

Oh ok lol.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

They're both pretty cool, but I prefer the new Mandos. They just look a little beastlier (imo).

Also: while I agree that many of the Mandos are hacks and hipocrits, many of them are not. Just read the Republic Commando series. Those guys are legit.

I don't know - I think there is something important about what the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders brought. Ever since the Mandalorian Wars the term 'Mandalorian' has became something more than just the culture of the Taung. Its not about your race, or birthplace - its about the armor, the code of honor, and the glory of battle. Its a unifying mentality that brings together all people of all races under a single banner for a single cause. Anyone should be able to don Mandalorian armor if they can prove themselves worthy. And contrary to what Aurbere says, Mandalorians such as Canderous Ordo, Mandalore the Vindicated, Jaster Mereel, Jango and Boba Fett deserve to be respected and admired just as much as the Taung.

I don't support the Death Watch however, IMO they don't follow the Mandalorian ways. They claim to be honouring the Mandalorian roots but really they are just corrupt pawns of the Separatists who thrive off crime and terror, and desire nothing but power, not honor or glory. And I respect the New Mandalorians, "Mandalore' (the planet) shouldn't have to represent the Mandalorian warrior culture. Anyone has the right to be a Mandalorian and anyone has the right not to be, if they want to split away from the Mandalorian ways then they can. True Mandalorians should be able to find home anywhere, and shouldn't be terroizing the New Mandalorians like the Death Watch do.

But it looks as if Death Watch are going to experience some infighting in TCW, and the true Mandalorians will rise! :D

Edited by Beniboybling

I don't know - I think there is something important about what the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders brought. Ever since the Mandalorian Wars the term 'Mandalorian' has became something more than just the culture of the Taung. Its not about your race, or birthplace - its about the armor, the code of honor, and the glory of battle. Its a unifying mentality that brings together all people of all races under a single banner for a single cause. Anyone should be able to don Mandalorian armor if they can prove themselves worthy. And contrary to what Aurbere says, Mandalorians such as Canderous Ordo, Mandalore the Vindicated, Jaster Mereel, Jango and Boba Fett deserve to be respected and admired just as much as the Taung.

I don't support the Death Watch however, IMO they don't follow the Mandalorian ways. They claim to be honouring the Mandalorian roots but really they are just corrupt pawns of the Separatists who thrive off crime and terror, and desire nothing but power, not honor or glory. And I respect the New Mandalorians, "Mandalore' (the planet) shouldn't have to represent the Mandalorian warrior culture. Anyone has the right to be a Mandalorian and anyone has the right not to be, if they want to split away from the Mandalorian ways then they can. True Mandalorians should be able to find home anywhere, and shouldn't be terroizing the New Mandalorians like the Death Watch do.

But it looks as if Death Watch are going to experience some infighting in TCW, and the true Mandalorians will rise! :D

I completely agree with you on this.

Am not saying they shouldn't be(though with Jango/Boba thats debatable for me....the absurd fans of those two have kinda pushed me away from them.), I just prefer the Taung when the Mandalorians were a specific group and not any that just someone could join if they proved themselves. It made the Mandalorians more unique and interesting.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Am not saying they shouldn't be(though with Jango/Boba thats debatable for me....the absurd fans of those two have kinda pushed me away from them.), I just prefer the Taung when the Mandalorians were a specific group and not any that just someone could join if they proved themselves. It made the Mandalorians more unique and interesting.
Perhaps... but this is just a transition. Species die out, cultures die out, and new ones are born. *shrug*

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry Newer Mandos, but The Taung are just more awesome to me. Ironically, my BH is a Mando but only because he wants to honor The Taung he actually doesn't like the Newer Mandos. That isn't to say I hate the Newer Mandos....but The Taung are just better to me.

I couldnt agree more....Now my manda' lore is a bit sketchy.. were humans introduced to the mando Taung after proving themselves or was the bloodline of the Taung reduced through inter species breeding with humans over time much like the dark jedi with the native sith which resulted in the purebloods

I RP my BH's as purist's dedicating to the honor of the old Taung ways much like yourself, now because my mando' lore is sketchy, I rp that I dont like none human mando's and fully respect human ones more so.. (still show respect where its due to the none human ones who have proven themselves) I only ask regarding the breeding in anything as novels etc ive read or pictures ive seen of any Mandalorians after the Taung were always human/described human, its only since the SWTOR side of things that other species turned up as Mandalorians etc hence why I rp to showing more repspect to Human Mando's, any clarification on this wold be greatly appreciated

I couldnt agree more....Now my manda' lore is a bit sketchy.. were humans introduced to the mando Taung after proving themselves or was the bloodline of the Taung reduced through inter species breeding with humans over time much like the dark jedi with the native sith which resulted in the purebloods

I RP my BH's as purist's dedicating to the honor of the old Taung ways much like yourself, now because my mando' lore is sketchy, I rp that I dont like none human mando's and fully respect human ones more so.. (still show respect where its due to the none human ones who have proven themselves) I only ask regarding the breeding in anything as novels etc ive read or pictures ive seen of any Mandalorians after the Taung were always human/described human, its only since the SWTOR side of things that other species turned up as Mandalorians etc hence why I rp to showing more repspect to Human Mando's, any clarification on this wold be greatly appreciated

Taung are way better then newer Mandalorians.

And I couldnt agree more.. but the whole Tuang to the human pictured ones after the Taung were made extinct information wise im drawing a blank and cant find much info on it

The Taung just basically died out after the Mandalorian Wars, the last Taung was Mandalore the Ultimate by that time Ultimate began to bring in humans and other species into being Mandalorians. But it wasn't until 15 BBY that it really started going that way.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Couldn't agree more.

Mandos that cassus fett and canderous would be proud of, Kal Skirrata(maybe), Waylon Vau(definitely). Canderous would of personally killed the death watch himself for dishonoring the mandalorian name. Death watch are a bunch of homicidal maniacs with heavy armor and weapons, not mandos. Edited by TalonVII

• 4 months later...
So powerful they were, how did the entire species get wiped out?

Because the writers wanted to put in another proud race that goes extinct from flaws like pride and over expansion i.e: the republic's many collapses, the Rakata and Gree if you want to include them. The devs could easily just write them back in some how with a splinter colony or event a sleeper ship.

Edited by Regale_Echleon